Limit Breaker
22627 posts

Re: How do you get MVP Status on here?

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:
Pretty much agree with all of this @mixedkidbx , some of the reasons above are why i left the program too.

Some people are very much deserving of the MVP status,you know who you are, some not so much or not at all, some just like having the name next to their PSN ID, real shame that really.

MVP-- is it an acronym for sony fanboys or something?.. have to swear allegiance to sony and everything must be playstation???

anyway,. . i remember a member here.. DOC  something.. .. his signature was of a guy from iron man..(jr something..)

very friendly guy!!  had some good laughs talking to him since he's always making jokes.. what happened to him?  he left??  i think he was part of the welcoming committee..  also welcome people to the forums.. etc...

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 40 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2491 posts

Jun 22, 2014
Too many MVP's here, makes it all meaningless.
The MVP thing on the EU forums is pointless enough but at least only a few get the status.
Message 22 of 40 (255 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jun 22, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:
Pretty much agree with all of this @mixedkidbx , some of the reasons above are why i left the program too.

Some people are very much deserving of the MVP status,you know who you are, some not so much or not at all, some just like having the name next to their PSN ID, real shame that really.

MVP-- is it an acronym for sony fanboys or something?.. have to swear alligence to sony and everything must be playstation???

anyway,. . i remember a member here.. DOC  something.. .. his signature was of a guy from iron man..(jr something..)

very friendly guy!!  had some good laughs talking to him since he's always making jobs.. what happened to him?  he left??  i think he was part of the welcoming committee..  also welcome people to the forums.. etc...

DOC_007? Apparently he hasn't been in the forums for a long while now. He is one of the few WC member I've never met yet.

Message 23 of 40 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22627 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:
DOC_007? Apparently he hasn't been in the forums for a long while now. He is one of the few WC member I've never met yet.

yeah!! that's him!!  i don't remember his profile pic.. but for the signature he had a gif i think.. of the guy from iron man..

@Doc_007   doc socal.. yup this is him.   looks like he's still active  (last visit 5-20-2014)  i guess he's not posting anymore?

**noticed some typos in my own post  from your quote so i fixed them..  sorry.. was on a call while typing.. so jokes became jobs.. Smiley LOL

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 40 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9169 posts

Jun 22, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

I see lots of people with that status and I was wondering what you have to do to get it.  

At last count I think it was 1,007 @shadoefax !!!!

Although the vast majority of those 1,000 plus MVP's do not post on these Forums!

BRIT-KO

sadly tho, PlayStation has just handed out MVP stats as more of a means to just promote the PlayStation brand.

MVP lost the real meaning of it awhile back when they just opened it up to any, and everyone.  Im not saying that some of the MVP's dont deserve to be MVP's, but not all of them do.

Kinda reminds me when the GAP first came about.  It really stood for something back then to be a member of it.  Then as time went on the GAP started to lose its shine as more and more random people started to get added into it on the regular.

i have thought about applying to become an MVP....  but it would kind of bother me to not know why i got into being selected for becoming an MVP.  Is it because they feel i deserve to be an MVP because i put in the effort in the PS community for all these years i been here, or am i just being added because its just an Open To ALL program now....  which is what it looks like it basically has become.

Some people are very much deserving of the MVP status, you know who you are, some not so much or not at all, some just like having the name next to their PSN ID, real shame that really.

BRIT-KO

Brit I am surprised at you for this comment. If you were in the program you would know that 95 percent of being an mvp is behind the scenes and out of the view of the public. what do you want the mvps to write speaches here to please the public. I give up my own time on ps home as a guide to help folks when they cant find something as best I can. The mvp is a value to the fourms and ps home. Just because you don't see us doing much on the stage here there is much going on I cant talk about. I give to the community in ps home by doing my apt tours and showing new furn etc. This helps folks decide if you want to buy that apt or furn Item. some of you are expecting to much. That's my view
Message 25 of 40 (217 Views)
Fender Bender
2491 posts

Jun 22, 2014
PS Home?

loool Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 40 (207 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
40037 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Sweet2525 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

I see lots of people with that status and I was wondering what you have to do to get it.  

At last count I think it was 1,007 @shadoefax !!!!

Although the vast majority of those 1,000 plus MVP's do not post on these Forums!

BRIT-KO

sadly tho, PlayStation has just handed out MVP stats as more of a means to just promote the PlayStation brand.

MVP lost the real meaning of it awhile back when they just opened it up to any, and everyone.  Im not saying that some of the MVP's dont deserve to be MVP's, but not all of them do.

Kinda reminds me when the GAP first came about.  It really stood for something back then to be a member of it.  Then as time went on the GAP started to lose its shine as more and more random people started to get added into it on the regular.

i have thought about applying to become an MVP....  but it would kind of bother me to not know why i got into being selected for becoming an MVP.  Is it because they feel i deserve to be an MVP because i put in the effort in the PS community for all these years i been here, or am i just being added because its just an Open To ALL program now....  which is what it looks like it basically has become.

Some people are very much deserving of the MVP status, you know who you are, some not so much or not at all, some just like having the name next to their PSN ID, real shame that really.

BRIT-KO

Brit I am surprised at you for this comment. If you were in the program you would know that 95 percent of being an mvp is behind the scenes and out of the view of the public. what do you want the mvps to write speaches here to please the public. I give up my own time on ps home as a guide to help folks when they cant find something as best I can. The mvp is a value to the fourms and ps home. Just because you don't see us doing much on the stage here there is much going on I cant talk about. I give to the community in ps home by doing my apt tours and showing new furn etc. This helps folks decide if you want to buy that apt or furn Item. some of you are expecting to much. That's my view

Really? I'm actually surprised you're surprised Sweet!

I don't how I would feel if I were in the program now, but that's a moot point because I'm not, & to be honest I don't think my view would be any different. I used to feel as though I was part of something special when I first joined, 9 months or so later I resigned, partly because I felt  uninformed & used, I do just as much good, if not more outside of the Program than I could ever wish to accomplish inside.

There are some good MVP's, there are also some really great ones, but there's also some bad ones & some who don't deserve to be a part of it at all, that's the truth, you know it, I know it & so do many others.

Some of them are of great value to these Forums, some as I said before just like having the MVP name next to their PSN ID, for some reason it makes them feel superior, then you see some of their posts & you realize they are far from it. Then there are a number here who have little to no respect for other users nor do they have the respect of other users.

There are over 1,000 MVP's now & the vast majority do not post here, they are, I hope, more active on places like Facebook, Twitter & gaming websites & blogs, they may be doing a great job for all I know Sweet, but I really don't see how the managers can keep track of over 1,000 MVP's to make sure they are doing what they're meant to be, that being promoting Sony in a way that the managers & Sony would want them to.

I'm not going to go on, I'll only be accused of sour grapes by the usual people, so I'll stop there & leave it that, my feelings are well known, or at least I thought they were Sweet!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 27 of 40 (195 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Jun 23, 2014
Yes, the things certain MVPs do behind the scenes are surprising indeed. I also agree with @BRIT-KO that not all MVPs are created equal.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/547077/album-id/7599/image-id/30742...
(Mods: It's not blacklisting if it's from their own public photo album, right?)

OP: if you want to help your fellow PlayStation community members, don't wait for a title to do so. Feel free to apply anyway, and best of luck to you when a new wave is selected. As others have mentioned though, it's not as shiny as it once was and many people still do great things without it.

Message 28 of 40 (158 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6979 posts

Jun 23, 2014

Nice, didn't know they made the Playstation App on IOS yet.

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 29 of 40 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6150 posts

Jun 23, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:
Yes, the things certain MVPs do behind the scenes are surprising indeed. I also agree with @BRIT-KO that not all MVPs are created equal.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/547077/album-id/7599/image-id/30742...
(Mods: It's not blacklisting if it's from their own public photo album, right?)

OP: if you want to help your fellow PlayStation community members, don't wait for a title to do so. Feel free to apply anyway, and best of luck to you when a new wave is selected. As others have mentioned though, it's not as shiny as it once was and many people still do great things without it.

I already have applied ! 

Message 30 of 40 (152 Views)
0 Likes