Reply
May 06 2014
By: dulun18 Limit Breaker 22378 posts
Offline

How to outsmart crooks breaking in

16 replies 172 views Edited May 6, 2014

 

 

this interesting..

 

but changing the locks will not work for my house...

 

my house has a major flaw.. there's a 5ft x 6in glass window just 8in from my front door.. so instead of picking my keypad deadbolt.. they could just break the window  and reach inside and turn the deadbolts to unlock the door..Smiley Sad

 

a lot of houses in this neighborhood have the same house design.. which personally i think is stupid..

 

similar to this..

g

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 17 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/17/2013
Offline
8101 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

May 6, 2014
Definitely NOT zombie proof.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 2 of 17 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

May 8, 2014

Me and my parents all have gun licenses, and the community we live in allows guns in homes for personal safety only. I am not worried. Someone breaks in, they will definitly wish they didnt. 

Message 3 of 17 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22378 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

May 8, 2014

ccrogers15 wrote:

Me and my parents all have gun licenses, and the community we live in allows guns in homes for personal safety only. I am not worried. Someone breaks in, they will definitly wish they didnt. 


 

i live in Arizona..  there's  no gun permit or license required.. just 21 and over and no criminal background.

 

but with the open borders.. you can buy guns privately or get your hands on one without having to go to a gun store/authorized dealer..

 

the problem is that most break in occured during the day** .. when most people are at work..  sometimes by armed intruders..

 

having an alarm sign in front will help and have dogs in the house.. also help..

 

sometimes these crooks pick the houses after doing some research .. or just from obvious homeowners.. there are those who posted.. "we are going to ---blah.. for 3 weeks " right on their facebook page..

 

**this this video they recommend SMART KEY.. but i heard smart key didn't do anything.. just allowing you to rekey the locks yourself.. since there are youtube video where they can just unlock with a tool..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 17 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4676 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

May 8, 2014

I have an alarm on my house with a backup battery that uses a cellular signal (not a phone line). So even if the power goes out, the alarm still works. It also announces which specific door/window has been broken into. So even if they do get the doors/windows open, I'll know right away and exactly where they're coming from. As for what will happen to a perp who breaks into my house, let's just say "you never hear the shot that kills you."

Message 5 of 17 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22378 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2014

semajmarc87 wrote:

I have an alarm on my house with a backup battery that uses a cellular signal (not a phone line). So even if the power goes out, the alarm still works. It also announces which specific door/window has been broken into. So even if they do get the doors/windows open, I'll know right away and exactly where they're coming from. As for what will happen to a perp who breaks into my house, let's just say "you never hear the shot that kills you."


 

you have the option of having them called you on your cell phone instead of a landline..  .. also some home phones.. like the one i have..  can still be use for 2 hours after you cut off the power.. it can still connect and be use if still connected to the phone line.. unless they cut your phone line..

 

 houses in arizona have the breaker box outside of the house.. it's not locked either.. right in the open... easy access to utility workers.. but so the crooks..

 

but they did a research and most break in occured in the morning-afternoon .. when most people are at work..  the time range they found out is around 10AM -3PM

 

and often time they picked the house after some survelliance

 

 

self defense law is very clear in Arizona.. when it to to home intruders.. you are authorized to shoot to protect yourself/family and property against home intruders

 

because of this i'm scared as heck when working for the US Census in 2010.. i'll ring the bell but will back up 5-6 feet away from their door so they can see my whole body while holding a US census backpack on my side ... Smiley Frustrated

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 17 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4676 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

May 8, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

I have an alarm on my house with a backup battery that uses a cellular signal (not a phone line). So even if the power goes out, the alarm still works. It also announces which specific door/window has been broken into. So even if they do get the doors/windows open, I'll know right away and exactly where they're coming from. As for what will happen to a perp who breaks into my house, let's just say "you never hear the shot that kills you."


 

you have the option of having them called you on your cell phone instead of a landline..  .. also some home phones.. like the one i have..  can still be use for 2 hours after you cut off the power.. it can still connect and be use if still connected to the phone line.. unless they cut your phone line..

 

 houses in arizona have the breaker box outside of the house.. it's not locked either.. right in the open... easy access to utility workers.. but so the crooks..

 

but they did a research and most break in occured in the morning-afternoon .. when most people are at work..  the time range they found out is around 10AM -3PM

 

and often time they picked the house after some survelliance

 

 

 my house has nothing worth robbing.. the most valuable thing is probably my 3D LED tv.... but the thing is 3 yr old.. i bet you can get much for it..  all this risking dog bites and gun fires (given that i'm home 95% of the time since i work from home) .. it's not worth it..Smiley Indifferent

 

self defense law is very clear in Arizona.. when it to to home intruders.. you are authorized to shoot to protect yourself/family and property..  you know because of this i'm scared as heck when working for the US Census in 2010.. i'll ring the bell but will back up 5-6 feet away from their door so they can see my whole body while holding a US census backpack on my side ... Smiley Frustrated


I meant that my alarm system communicates to the home security company/emergency responders over a private cellular network so the intruder has no wires to cut. The setup is in a windowless second floor room so the intruder would have no way of getting to it. Even when the alarm isn't armed, it still announces over multiple speakers when a specific door/window is being opened. We gettin' high tech up in dis bish. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 17 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22378 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2014

semajmarc87 wrote:
I meant that my alarm system communicates to the home security company/emergency responders over a private cellular network so the intruder has no wires to cut. The setup is in a windowless second floor room so the intruder would have no way of getting to it. Even when the alarm isn't armed, it still announces over multiple speakers when a specific door/window is being opened. We gettin' high tech up in dis bish. Smiley Very Happy

now that you mention it..

 

i think ADT has something similar.. i got a few calls from them.. a customer wanted to install an alarm system..

 

that's when i found out that to install an alarm.. you need a permit first.. since if you do not have one when something happened.. the police arrived they will fine you for not having a permit..

 

the customer did stated that she doesn't have a landline phone.. so there's a wireless option.. but .. if i remember it correctly.. i think it's a big more expensive isn't it??

 

 i also got calls from ADT from their customers testing silent alarms in their jewelry stores... etc.. the price is different for business i think...

 

alarm system is only complete with HD camera that can record the face of the culprits and sent to an online storage service..  it's not perfect but at least you will have the faces of the culprits..

 

i think they have peephole camera (right in the front door) that can do that..  but it's not cheap.. still having an invisible camera where they do not expect  is much better..

 

if they going to break into your house.. have them leave something behind.. their face blasted all over the news ..

 

 

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 17 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 04/10/2007
Offline
2155 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

May 8, 2014

ccrogers15 wrote:

Me and my parents all have gun licenses, and the community we live in allows guns in homes for personal safety only. I am not worried. Someone breaks in, they will definitly wish they didnt. 


where do you live that you need a gun license to own a gun?

-evilbunny


Message 9 of 17 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: How to outsmart crooks breaking in

May 8, 2014

EvilbunnyELITE wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

Me and my parents all have gun licenses, and the community we live in allows guns in homes for personal safety only. I am not worried. Someone breaks in, they will definitly wish they didnt. 


where do you live that you need a gun license to own a gun?


Michigan. I think only part of Michigan requires a license by state law. All I know for sure is that Jackson County michigan requires you to own a license, and to have been to a shooting range and passed some tests. I had to file at the Jackson City Hall for a license, then take up gun training at a shooting range in Eaton Rapids MI. 

Message 10 of 17 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes