Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
16353 posts

Re: I have got me a new car.

Mar 31, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:
I'd rather buy a used Tacoma. Toyota reliability. And Toyota trucks hold their value pretty well.

Plus, the V6 is a better engine than the anemic 4cylinder so you're not struggling to tow anything if you need to.

i was thinking about it.. but then .. most of the things i do are just home improvements.. most of the time i just need a car with longer space so i can fit like a 55-60in LED tv. or 10-20 packs of wood blanks..

it's frustrating for me when renting tools that i can't fit into my car..

never wanted a truck.. don't see a need for it before.. but i guess now i understand ..

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN + The Interview****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 27 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3146 posts

Apr 7, 2014
Well i am still enjoying my new car. Hope in a few years i can still say this.
Message 22 of 27 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Apr 7, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:
I'd rather buy a used Tacoma. Toyota reliability. And Toyota trucks hold their value pretty well.

Plus, the V6 is a better engine than the anemic 4cylinder so you're not struggling to tow anything if you need to.

i was thinking about it.. but then .. most of the things i do are just home improvements.. most of the time i just need a car with longer space so i can fit like a 55-60in LED tv. or 10-20 packs of wood blanks..

it's frustrating for me when renting tools that i can't fit into my car..

never wanted a truck.. don't see a need for it before.. but i guess now i understand ..

Ya, I see what you mean. Don't always need a big engine.

but because I do tend to tow people, or help them change a tire, my toolbox is filled to the brim, so thats why I require a bigger engine.

But since you're just going back and forth doing home improvement stuff, yea I guess the 4cylinder does what you need it to

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 23 of 27 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Apr 7, 2014

mdwalke wrote:

If I were you. I'd keep an eye on your vehicles resale value.

The moment it starts to decline, consider looking to trade in for something known to hold its value better.

If you're looking to pay it off and keep it for as long as you can, then by all means

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 24 of 27 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17205 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mdwalke wrote:

The moment it starts to decline, consider looking to trade in for something known to hold its value better.

If you're looking to pay it off and keep it for as long as you can, then by all means

What will make a car worth more is when a car color or interior color is discontinued after a short period of time. The kbb value of a car is what you see on a normally producted model without the factors that may make a car more valuable than their mass produced counter parts.

The sportier models usually holds their value better than their normal versions. If a car has a turbo in it, and the msrp is at the same price as one without a turbo; the one with a turbo will hold a higher value.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 25 of 27 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3146 posts

Apr 8, 2014

hwhunt13 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mdwalke wrote:

What will make a car worth more is when a car color or interior color is discontinued after a short period of time. The kbb value of a car is what you see on a normally producted model without the factors that may make a car more valuable than their mass produced counter parts.

The sportier models usually holds their value better than their normal versions. If a car has a turbo in it, and the msrp is at the same price as one without a turbo; the one with a turbo will hold a higher value.

Well I planned on paying my car off and keeping it for a while afterward. The color is a basic color witch is black. It is a chrylser 200 s. I love the car and it has a great radio on it.

Message 26 of 27 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17205 posts

Apr 9, 2014

mdwalke wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mdwalke wrote:

Well I planned on paying my car off and keeping it for a while afterward. The color is a basic color witch is black. It is a chrylser 200 s. I love the car and it has a great radio on it.

I've got an already discontinued interior color on mine, which apparently is returning only on the new R-spec models of the hyundai veloster, which may have already been just released. The red interior for my car was discontinued shortly after I got my car back in may 2012 at about the same time as the veloster turbo was released in the summer of 2012.

By the way, I actuallly like the black interior color of any car over grey or beige/tan.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 27 of 27 (63 Views)