Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2014
By: xGaMeRx99z I Only Post Everything 990 posts

I think I've gotten bored with video games.

23 replies 206 views Edited Apr 19, 2014

I seem to be getting less and less anticipated for every new game. When I'm playing games, I've started to just 'zone out' and stop paying attention during cutscenes and gameplay. I keep playing, but im just staring at the screen thinking about other stuff. Then, I'm so used to all the cliches that I see things that are supposed to be "twists" or "suprises" coming a mile away. I used to be able to handle cheesy lines, but I just can anymore, I cringe so hard that it just pulls me out of the fantasy instantly.

I also used to really enjoy online gaming, but I get so bored with that now. I honestly think CoD is partially to blame for that though. They just recycled everything over and over. I thought Titanfall would renew my interest, but that wasnt enough either.

I literally have about 10 games that I havent been able to bring myself to get past the first few levels of. I mean its gotten to a point where games arent giving me joy anymore and I feel like I'm playing games because I think I should, because of nostalgia or whatever. Which really sucks because gaming has been my favorite hobby for as long as I can remember, and has given me so many great times. I'd hate to think I've outgrown gaming or anything like that. 

Maybe, I've just tired myself out and I should take a break from gaming for awhile? Has anyone else ever been in a similar situation?

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (206 Views)
Sackboy
377 posts

Re: I think I've gotten bored with video games.

Apr 19, 2014
Sometimes I can go a couple weeks without playing Ps3, sometimes I play wayy too much for a couple weeks. I think a break is definitely needed or else you *will* get burnt out. I also try to play a variety of games. Usually a main game (TLoU), a grindy game (Final Fantasy 14) and then just a simple game (Minecraft). This way, I have choices for whatever mood I'm in.
There's nothing wrong with realizing you just don't enjoy it anymore and picking up a new time burning hobby.
Enjoy!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (195 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5856 posts

Apr 19, 2014

It has happened to me as well. Sometimes, I look at other things that I could do spend time with.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4242 posts

Apr 19, 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15011 posts

Apr 19, 2014

too much of a good thing.. is not good

doesn't matter what it is.. if you are doing the same thing over and over.. soon or later you will get bored..

take sometime off.. and come back..

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (178 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5510 posts

Apr 19, 2014

As others have suggested, you should take a break from gaming and try something else. 

I've been in the same situation when I started buying a lot of games but I had no desire to play any of them. I still have a big backlog of games to play, but now I like to try them again. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4944 posts

Apr 19, 2014

untitledfdf.png

Just like him you will be back..lol

sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (167 Views)
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Apr 22, 2014

Take a break and then come back that's what I do!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11065 posts

Apr 22, 2014

I'm not sure a break is exactly the proper cure. If you happen to dislike your job then taking a 15-minute break will only lead you away for a little while from the task you already know is not to your satisfaction. Instead, it sounds as if maybe you're not enjoying the sort of games that you're buying. Hype may lead you to buy all the "big" games each year, whether that be the next Call of Duty, Titanfall, Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, or similar strains of video games that may have their good points but may also not be too unique in their nature.

Why not try some different games that you never thought about buying? There are plenty of great games out there that people won't typically suggest for the most part. The same ol' stuff can be enjoyable every once in awhile, but perhaps you need to escape from what you know and discover something unexpected.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1766 posts

Apr 22, 2014

Try going on a hike or something. Go outside and enjoy the weather...... and then come back :robothappy:

young beard signature
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (121 Views)
0 Likes