Mar 10 2013
By: Angel_Of_Night1 Monster Hunter 39 posts

I would like to be a moderater on home

10 replies 319 views Edited Mar 10, 2013
I get on home quite a bit. I would say about 4 -6 hours everyday. I've been on home for the last year and I have to say i've seen some really bad language on here, exmaples racism, violence about killing people, i've seen girls selling themselves on home for psn cards, i've seen people talk about killing people. These are only some of the things I see on home. I honesty would love to have this job because I would love to see less voilence on home kids nor adults should be talking this way on home . Im really hoping I can get this job to help keep home safer for everyone.
Message 1 of 11 (319 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Re: I would like to be a moderater on home

Mar 10, 2013

Angel_Of_Night1 wrote:
I get on home quite a bit. I would say about 4 -6 hours everyday. I've been on home for the last year and I have to say i've seen some really bad language on here, exmaples racism, violence about killing people, i've seen girls selling themselves on home for psn cards, i've seen people talk about killing people. These are only some of the things I see on home. I honesty would love to have this job because I would love to see less voilence on home kids nor adults should be talking this way on home . Im really hoping I can get this job to help keep home safer for everyone.

welcome to the internet!

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 2 of 11 (311 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1065 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Hi op in order to get a job as a moderator you would have to apply for Sony careers and work for them. Here a link to work for Sony.
http://us.playstation.com/corporate/about/careers/ . Back then in 2008 on home it was worst and I'm sure many will agree with me. I was bullied ,threaten , and trolled 10 times a day and much more which would make you fall on floor what I heard back then. I hope this helps tc and have fun.

Message 3 of 11 (305 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 10, 2013

1. You have to be able to spell Moderator before you can apply.

2. You have to live in the San Francisco or San Diego Bay area's.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 11 (298 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Well, you're certainly naïve enough to be a censor.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 5 of 11 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Hey!

Just a tip: When you see others harassing users on Home, you could always send them an in-world Private Message teaching them how to Ignore, Block and Report abuse to protect themselves. Doing this privately will help prevent the harasser from attacking you instead. If everyone took advantage of these features there would be significant change of abuse in Home.

To Ignore - Click (X) on the avatar and choose "ignore" to temporarily mute them.

To Block - Click (X) on the avatar and "Add to Block List", to permanently ignore others and prevent them from contacting you via PM.

To Report - Press SELECT then Submit a Report. After that, it's wise to ignore/block them and move on.

This is how we can help others in our community today, as users. This would be the most effective too.

Message 6 of 11 (163 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Just a tip: the same person creates a new account each weekend to troll the forum. Stop falling for it.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 7 of 11 (155 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
2673 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Message 8 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 11, 2013
I wish I could be an astronaut, because I always look up at the stars and say to myself "Dang, I would look good up in them stars" so I think nasa should really make me an astronaut because I would be a really good one, yes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 11 (87 Views)
PlayStation MVP
19120 posts

Mar 11, 2013
One doesn't just "become" a mod. If it was this easy, everyone would be doing it.

To be a mod, you gotta get a job at Sony. :smileywink:
Message 10 of 11 (85 Views)
0 Likes