Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: If marijuana were legal, do you think...

Apr 4, 2013

TheJLC wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

TheJLC wrote:
I don't think we would celebrate the foolish acts of others. That's like creating a national holiday to celebrate those that drop out of school.

That's called "Veterans Day."

Zing!

You need a HS diploma or equivalent to join the military, just so you know. Also, a lot of our service members continue on their education in and after the military.

If I offended you, I apologize, it was a joke.

But, seriously: Yes, it is required, but a lot of drop outs are in fact accepted to certain branches of the U.S. Military.

A lot of those who served in WW2 and post 9/11 were not high school graduates. (I of course am talking about infantry.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 41 of 221 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Lol you guys are silly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 42 of 221 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 4, 2013
He'll yea it needs to be legal like for real smokin dat kush all day can't wait till 4/20 bc ima go all out
Message 43 of 221 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 4, 2013

DOPEboyASSASSIN wrote:
He'll yea it needs to be legal like for real smokin dat kush all day can't wait till 4/20 bc ima go all out

dukebirthcontrol.jpg

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 44 of 221 (107 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Lol that member right there is the reason society looks at marijuana the way it does. Because of idiots posting "Dat kush" or, "Ima get **bleep**ed up!"

However, for the majority of us who can handle marijuana and actually enjoy it, and use it to an advantage other than just a high and munchies fests, I stand by the right to legalize it. Though, that member doesn't make my argument look very strong, does it? Lol

I actually become calmer, and more intelligent when high on marijuana. I also don't mean to advertise it on the forum, as I am not a marijuana advertiser by any means, I just wanted to ask a question and I guess I kinda worded it wrong, or put it in the wrong forum. Again, apologies to those who are not 420 friendly on here. My mistake, and I realize this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 45 of 221 (103 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 4, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Lol that member right there is the reason society looks at marijuana the way it does. Because of idiots posting "Dat kush" or, "Ima get **bleep**ed up!"

However, for the majority of us who can handle marijuana and actually enjoy it, and use it to an advantage other than just a high and munchies fests, I stand by the right to legalize it. Though, that member doesn't make my argument look very strong, does it? Lol

I actually become calmer, and more intelligent when high on marijuana. I also don't mean to advertise it on the forum, as I am not a marijuana advertiser by any means, I just wanted to ask a question and I guess I kinda worded it wrong, or put it in the wrong forum. Again, apologies to those who are not 420 friendly on here. My mistake, and I realize this.

No need to apologize.

The calming effect is normal. That's pretty much what it does to everyone.

As for the "more intelligent" comment, In a 2005 study, researchers compared the IQ scores of 70 participants before they started smoking pot (aged 9-12) with their current scores at age 17-20. Among heavy users who currently smoked more than five joints a week, IQ scores dropped by an average of 4.1 points. 

But among light users (fewer than five joints a week), researchers found gains in IQ scores up to 5.8 points.

Former users and non-users also had slight increases in their scores -- of 3.5 and 2.6, respectively.

Of course, this is just one 8 year old study.

I believe minimal usage of marijuana can do good for some people.

But, like anything else, excessive use will do more harm than good. 

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 46 of 221 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Agreed. I rarely smoke, I am not a constant smoker by any means. I only smoke when it is offered to me by my friends, I have never wasted a dime on it.

Message 47 of 221 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Apr 4, 2013
All I know is they rappers are going to lose a big deal of their material. They'll need to find some other means of rebelling against society.
Message 48 of 221 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I live in The Netherlands, it is legal here.

Not that I would ever use it.
Message 49 of 221 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2572 posts

Apr 4, 2013

cheech-marin-tommy-chong.jpg

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 50 of 221 (73 Views)