Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Re: If marijuana were legal, do you think...

Apr 5, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

TheJLC wrote:
I don't think we would celebrate the foolish acts of others. That's like creating a national holiday to celebrate those that drop out of school.

That's called "Veterans Day."

Zing!

As a USAF Veteran, with several degrees.... I take a great deal of offense to that. And knowing people who have had no other choice BUT to join the military and actually made it a career and have become very successful and highly educated by taking advantage of the benefits presented, I take an even geater level of offense to that.

To this day I "smh" at people who are so disrespectful and dismissive when making comments such as this.... 

Its unbelieveable, still, that I had to defend ungrateful people such as yourself.

As I said in a later post "I apologize to anyone who was offended."

Thanks  for your service.

I am grateful for and respect most who serve in the military, but not ALL. Because let's face it, not all who serve in the military are respectable human beings.

"Its unbelieveable, still, that I had to defend ungrateful people such as yourself."

"Had" is the wrong choice of word. Nobody forced you to enlist in USAF and "defend" anybody.

I won't assume what you did or didn't do, because I don't know you, and I would appreciate the same courtesy.

But, please don't be one of those self-righteous vets who believes they are a "hero," just because for the fact that they put on a uniform, and by that fact alone. I personally know a lot of people like that.

People who have been in the/seen some serious **bleep**, normally don't boast or gloat about it, nor do they have a "vanity" wall.

Maybe I should have said "Lincoln's Birthday" instead.

I like how one innocuous word completely miscontrues ones view on something. Call it nitpicking.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 61 of 221 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

TheJLC wrote:
I don't think we would celebrate the foolish acts of others. That's like creating a national holiday to celebrate those that drop out of school.

That's called "Veterans Day."

Zing!

As a USAF Veteran, with several degrees.... I take a great deal of offense to that. And knowing people who have had no other choice BUT to join the military and actually made it a career and have become very successful and highly educated by taking advantage of the benefits presented, I take an even geater level of offense to that.

To this day I "smh" at people who are so disrespectful and dismissive when making comments such as this.... 

Its unbelieveable, still, that I had to defend ungrateful people such as yourself.

As I said in a later post "I apologize to anyone who was offended."

Thanks for your service.

I am grateful for and respect most who serve in the military, but not ALL. Because let's face it, not all who serve in the military are respectable human beings.

"Its unbelieveable, still, that I had to defend ungrateful people such as yourself."

"Had" is the wrong choice of word. Nobody forced you to enlist in USAF and "defend" anybody.

I won't assume what you did or didn't do, because I don't know you, and I would appreciate the same courtesy.

But, please don't be one of those self-righteous vets who believes they are a "hero," just because for the fact that they put on a uniform, and by that fact alone. I personally know a lot of people like that.

People who have been in the/seen some serious **bleep**, normally don't boast or gloat about it, nor do they have a "vanity" wall.

Maybe I should have said "Lincoln's Birthday" instead.

I like how one innocuous word joke completely misconstrues ones view on something about another person. Call it nitpicking being over sensitive and prejudice. Sorry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

eh

Indeed. I accept your apology.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 62 of 221 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Lol, I love you guys, thanks for taking this ridiculous thread and turning it into a huge argument and giving it 7 pages of replies. So, that 420 day, eh?

@Rrams Thanks for ruining another thread because your an immature sensitive little kid who shouldn't be on these forums. Reporting people every other day. smh...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 63 of 221 (120 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

I don't remember Sony saying they are targeting a marijuana friendly audience? Kids say the darndest things!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 64 of 221 (101 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 5, 2013
And as for your 20$ an hour job. That won't last forever. Construction doesn't last long.

They don't have to say it. Its obvivious!

Message 65 of 221 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2398 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Happy_420.jpg

Message 66 of 221 (92 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

The construction I work for is an actual legit company. Not an under the table job.

Now I know what type of person im arguing with, for someone to even say "construction doesn't last long" is just plain naive. It doesn't last long? You know the house your living in? Or the grocery store you entered the other day? Yea, exactly my point Einstein, buildings are being construction, and repaired, daily. Roads are being fixed, daily. Construction is just like Welding, it's not going anywhere. If we run out of work, somehow, then we'll just go to flood areas and fix up houses. Theres always work to be found. Now, take dc's advice and don't judge others when your drug free and don't even have a job, ya bum.

Message 67 of 221 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Try not insult...stick to the topics.

I've talked to to plenty of people who worked in construction. Have fun in those cold mornings and think it will last forever. First off, you don't know my life and dc isn't true. Sorry I don't hang out with pot heads.

You're just an entery level position at construction. I'd give you 6 moths before you quit and be working mcdonalds.
Message 68 of 221 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

my old man has been in contrstruction for 30+ years and things have been runing smoothly

yeah things might go slowly at times but there will always be something that needs to be built or repaired

Message 69 of 221 (78 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 5, 2013
That's rare to find, if its true. Not always the greatest gig.
Message 70 of 221 (74 Views)
0 Likes