Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2013
By: havocsarmy Fender Bender 3987 posts

If you were the President, you would...

42 replies 410 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

I would tend to social issues such as voter rights, social security, medicare, medicaid. I would then end tax breaks for the wealthy and institute a 20% tax rate for businesses so that we can all share the benefits of American companies coming back to its shores.

My 1 trillion dollar budget is going to increase pay for teachers, lower costs for college education by 50% so that all Americans can attend college and not be a dummy. Granted way back then in the 1980s-2000 you didn't neccessarily need a college degree, but now it's mandatory that you need a bachelor or masters degree to separate the dumb from the smart. My apologies.

Also on the menu would be letting libertarian and independents serve in office. Everyone needs a voice and these two "fringe" parties would be valuable in my office, and their advice will be sorely needed in this time and place.

Strengthening my borders would also be on the list, from Canada to Mexico. There would be no illegals. Everyone would have the chance to get their green papers. People here who are illegal would be deported simple as that.

My dollar will be 100 cents on the dollar not 80 cents and falling as it currently on a downward spiral. I would tell China to revalue its currency to match it's current state as they are playing games with it.

My motto on foreign policy is the stronger the better. Wiping out terrorism would be my main goal. If the French can invade Mali for its interests, so can we.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 1 of 43 (410 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5665 posts

Re: If you were the President, you would...

Jan 25, 2013

I would prohibit writing in red color. 

Message 2 of 43 (398 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Jan 25, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

I would prohibit writing in red color. 

BOOOOOOOOO!

Moble :smileylol:

Message 3 of 43 (384 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

If I were President I would:

1)  Immediately Demand congress submit me a BUDGET in accordance with the law of the land (haven't had one under president Obama yet)

2)  I would start a "Manhattan project" style movement to gather the best minds and figure out just how to STOP borrowing money from other countries to pay our bills.  I would actually use their recommendations unlike our current President who ignored the Simpson Bowels committee  http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Issues/Simpson-Bowles/

3) I would sign an executive order outlawing all federal gun regulations and delegate that back to the states as is their constitutional right under the 10th amendment.

4) I would close our overseas military bases in countries like France and Germany and anywhere else that is capable of defending itself.  I would then restation those troops along our borders to help stem illegal immigration.   This would also help border town economies as the military would be spending money on supplies within those economies instead of into overseas economies

5) I would push for stopping the patriot act but in a responsible manner  (that means review each part one at a time and if something has legitimacy I would then have congress attempt to write a law just for that specific part)

6) I would give an exemption from Obamacare to every American citizen and Business so that NO ONE is forced to either choose to buy a product from a private insurance company or face government penalties for not doing so

7) I would push for a law making it illegal for congress to write defecit budgets (exemption would be time of war, and I don't mean the war on terror i mean if we were in iraq, or fighting iran or something)

8) I would push for term limits on the House and Senate.  6 terms for the house/2 terms for the senate (that means the longest someone can be in the congress is 12 years)

9)  I would pass an executive order capping ALL elected officials pay at the mean average of all american's pay.  So if the average American earns $40.000.00/year W/benefits then all congresspeople, governors, the president, and anyone else elected can not earn more than that.  If its not enough pass some laws that help ALL americans have more wealth. 

10) I would push for instituting a fair and flat tax.   I'm not sure what rate we would need to charge so we can pay our bills without running budet defecits.  For the sake of discussion lets say the rate would be a flat 30% income tax rate.  HOWEVER, your first $30,000.00 in income would be tax exempt.  That means if you make a billion/year your don't pay taxes on the first 30,000 but you pay 30% on the remaining $999,970,000.00.   If you earned $35,000/year you would only pay 30% on the $5,000 and pay zero on the $30,000.00.   Under this plan there would be NO EXEMPTIONS at all.   None.  Very simple tax code eh?

Well those are my top 10, not in order of importance....thanks for the fun excercise there Havoc!

Message 4 of 43 (377 Views)
VP of Gaming
29759 posts

Jan 25, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

If I were President I would:

1)  Immediately Demand congress submit me a BUDGET in accordance with the law of the land (haven't had one under president Obama yet)

2)  I would start a "Manhattan project" style movement to gather the best minds and figure out just how to STOP borrowing money from other countries to pay our bills.  I would actually use their recommendations unlike our current President who ignored the Simpson Bowels committee  http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Issues/Simpson-Bowles/

3) I would sign an executive order outlawing all federal gun regulations and delegate that back to the states as is their constitutional right under the 10th amendment.

4) I would close our overseas military bases in countries like France and Germany and anywhere else that is capable of defending itself.  I would then restation those troops along our borders to help stem illegal immigration.   This would also help border town economies as the military would be spending money on supplies within those economies instead of into overseas economies

5) I would push for stopping the patriot act but in a responsible manner  (that means review each part one at a time and if something has legitimacy I would then have congress attempt to write a law just for that specific part)

6) I would give an exemption from Obamacare to every American citizen and Business so that NO ONE is forced to either choose to buy a product from a private insurance company or face government penalties for not doing so

7) I would push for a law making it illegal for congress to write defecit budgets (exemption would be time of war, and I don't mean the war on terror i mean if we were in iraq, or fighting iran or something)

8) I would push for term limits on the House and Senate.  6 terms for the house/2 terms for the senate (that means the longest someone can be in the congress is 12 years)

9)  I would pass an executive order capping ALL elected officials pay at the mean average of all american's pay.  So if the average American earns $40.000.00/year W/benefits then all congresspeople, governors, the president, and anyone else elected can not earn more than that.  If its not enough pass some laws that help ALL americans have more wealth. 

10) I would push for instituting a fair and flat tax.   I'm not sure what rate we would need to charge so we can pay our bills without running budet defecits.  For the sake of discussion lets say the rate would be a flat 30% income tax rate.  HOWEVER, your first $30,000.00 in income would be tax exempt.  That means if you make a billion/year your don't pay taxes on the first 30,000 but you pay 30% on the remaining $999,970,000.00.   If you earned $35,000/year you would only pay 30% on the $5,000 and pay zero on the $30,000.00.   Under this plan there would be NO EXEMPTIONS at all.   None.  Very simple tax code eh?

Well those are my top 10, not in order of importance....thanks for the fun excercise there Havoc!

PLYMICO-PILGRIM FOR PRESIDENT.

Who's with me?

P.S. Can i be VP?

Message 5 of 43 (367 Views)
PlayStation Support
6738 posts

Jan 25, 2013

If PLYMCO was president - I would overthrow him with my penguin army..... MUAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Message 6 of 43 (358 Views)
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

President for Pilgrim!

Message 7 of 43 (346 Views)
Survivor
2493 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

If I was somehow president this is what I would do: The following sentences in this font are not meant to be taken seriously, although I would love it if it happened.

•  I would vastly increase border patrol, as havoc suggested, to decrease Gun, drug and illegal immigration to and from America.
  • Spend $10,000,000 on a study to figure out whether or not abortion kills children.
  • I'm not sure how to do this but, put a stop to media bias.
  • Give Alaska to Canada for "Map aesthetic purposes".
  • Publicly admit to the world that America  lost the 'War of 1812'.
  • Somehow give up the Presidency in favor of PLYMC0_PILGRIM.
Message 8 of 43 (341 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

If PLYMCO was president - I would overthrow him with my penguin army..... MUAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But I thought we were going to use the Penguin Army to........TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!    :smileytongue:

D-Arthagnan wrote:

President for Pilgrim!

I have the force on my side!  YES! 

EDIT: Dang kudos flood again........well come monday I'll have 25, until 9 am LOL.

Message 9 of 43 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32918 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

1. Enact the Ryan Plan immediately as it is the "painless" path to restoring the economy.  From there I would make massive cuts and bring the pain.

2. Protect Social Security for retirees because people paid in and deserve to get their money back out.  Also the elderly are the least able to rebound from massive change.  No cuts to retiree Social Security benefits.

3. If you are living solely because of government handouts (but not Social Security) then you are pretty much a ward of the state.  In essence, you are a child and not paying your share of the taxes.  Being a child and not paying taxes are two excellent reasons why you should not have a say in how the money is spent.  Therefore if you're a ward of the state, you don't get to vote.  Period.  Don't worry though, because I will be quickly phasing out the Nanny State and there will be fewer and fewer of these every year.

4. Slash taxes down to the Laffer Maximum.  According to the Laffer Curve (our entire economy is based on it, so you should be aware) there is a point of peak tax revenue.  Raise taxes above this, and the tax revenues actually come back down.  The "natural" revenue rate is 18.5% and is also the Laffer Peak.  There is never any reason to raise taxes above this point unless you're trying to hurt the government and hurt business.  Immediately drop taxes to 18.5% across the board with no deductions for anything.

5. Phase in a new tax system within 4 years where there is no income tax at all.  Americans spend about 400 billion dollars each year filing taxes.  That money and effort is subtracted directly from the productive economy.  Eliminate income taxes and this will be an instant and permanent annual boost to the economy of about $400B.  Replace it with a combination national sales tax and corporate tax.  The corporate tax will be 10 percent, with deductions allowed.  The national sales tax will be 10 percent with no deductions.  Corporate deductions will probably drive their tax rate down to around 8%, meaning we're right at that magic 18.5% number again, or the Laffer Peak.  But now we have the bonus of $400B to the economy each year.

6. Eliminate the Capital Gains Tax and the Inheritance Tax completely.  The CGT siphons money at the worst possible phase of the business cycle, and the Inheritance Tax (Death Tax) destroys family property.

7. Make it so you need a 4/5 supermajority in both houses of Congress to ever raise the effective tax rate above 18.5% or the non-deducted tax rate above 20% ever again.  You would also need a 4/5 supermajority to bring back the CGT or the Death Tax.  For either of these, these taxes can only be raised above 18.5/20 percent and 0 percent respectively for 2 years.  After that, it will take another 4/5 supermajority to maintain them for another 2 years.

8. Build about 100 Generation 3.5 nuclear reactors around the country to dramatically reduce the cost of energy.  The economy is divided by the cost of energy.  Drop energy to about 10% of the current cost and productivity will rise to about 10 times the current amount.  If the economy is 10 times larger, and it will be, especially when combined with these other initiatives, the current national debt of 17 trillion dollars will have the effect of a 1.7 trillion dollar debt load on the economy.  It will be almost nothing.  This is when you aggressively attack the debt and pay it off for good.

9. Keep building nuclear powerplants until America is completely energy independent.  Then we won't get dragged into any foreign wars over the oil supply.  We won't be importing any oil.  Not our problem.  No more Iraq or Iran entanglements.  Also we won't be transferring billions of dollars to unfriendly regimes so they can attack us.  If we don't need their oil, they don't get our money.

10. We would also need to beef up our electrical grid substantially.  There are three main ares we need improvements: power generation, power transmission, and power storage.  Offer large Ansari X-Prize type monetary awards to anyone who can solve the show-stopper problems to getting us there.  We especially want viable fusion power.

11. Eliminate legalized abortion on Day 1.  No exceptions.  The determination that "the mother's life is in danger" is currently made by the same doctors who profit from killing babies.  They cannot be trusted.  Whatever happened to "First do no harm"?  No more.

12. Do like Switzerland and require that ever household (non-insane, non-felon) keep and maintain a fully automatic military-grade rifle.  They will also be required to attend annual markmanship and safety training.  There will be some kind of token reward for keeping current with your training.  There will no longer be any such thing as a "gun free community".  Since 1950, every mass shooting that resulted in three or more people dead has had one thing in common.  They all happened in gun free communities.  Switzerland deosn't allow it.  They have no violent crime.

13. Use NASA to plan and execute retrieval of raw materials from the asteroid belt.  This would be iron, aluminum, and precious metals.  Private companies can't feasibly do this because the return of such metals would greatly depress the market for whatever they brought back, making it unprofitable.  Let the government do it, in cooperation with private companies.  Sure it will depress the market for gold or whatever, dropping the value of gold for everyone, but we will have a pile of it, meaning our value goes up by comparison.  Once we bring back this much gold, we put the Dollar back on the gold standard.

14. With all this prosperity, we use our newfound resources to clean up the rivers, streams, and lakes.  Preventing new chemicals is not enough because there is already pollution.  Clean them up.  Also plant a billion trees everywhere.  We can always use trees.

15. With all this prosperity, see if we can buy extra land from Canada and Mexico.  I'd want to connect Alaska to the Contiguous United States.  Also the northern states of Mexico would be nice to have.  How much do you want for them?  5 trillion dollars?  Done.  We're running a surplus now.  Not a big problem.

16. The official language of the USA is now English.  You can speak whatever you want, but all the government agencies and schools will be operated in English.  If you come here, you learn English.  This is not a punishment, as English is the language of commerce and prosperity.

17. Make it so that senators and congressmen are no longer elected.  They will be appointed by the States, as representatives of the States, not representatives of the People.  This will partly restore the role of federalism.  The State government employees are and will remain representatives of the People.

18. Break the backs of the labor unions.  They haven't done anything good in the last 100 years.  Now they serve only as parasites to destroy otherwise profitable businesses.  GM - unionized and needs bailouts.  Walmart - non-unionized and flowing with money.  The contrast is obvious.  GM was once the largest corporation in the world and the largest employer in the USA.  Those days are gone.  Unions made sure of that.

Message 10 of 43 (310 Views)