Apr 25 2014
By: Hermaeus_Moron Survivor 1817 posts

In games involving character creation

10 replies 129 views Edited Apr 25, 2014

... what's your usual style?

i.e. what looks do you most often tend to go for, what classes, how do you usually name your characters (seriously, humorously, in keeping with world lore, etc).

Message 1 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Re: In games involving character creation

Apr 25, 2014

If I make a Warrior person, it's a male.

If it's a mage, it's a female (I'm not trying to be sexist, but typically the male Warriors look cooler, and the female mages look cooler)

Male Warriors will have Silvery colored hair (if not an option, then white or black, depending on how i feel).

Blue or Dark Blue eyes.

Lean Build (Don't like making muscle men)

Female Mages are typically blonde with blue or green eyes (or like in FFXIV, both)

Tall if I can adjust height.

Naming wise, the males usually try to have some simple name (like, Alex, or Mark), but the females I give more "fancy" names (Like Ashiera, or Krysta)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 11 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Apr 25, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

If I make a Warrior person, it's a male.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19800000/Link-twilight-princess-19802338-600-1000.jpg

If it's a mage, i the female mages look cooler

http://static.tumblr.com/nmphxhg/jgemedwp1/blackmagiciangirl3.png

I agree XD

Well let's see.....For general customization for story-adventure I usually try to design myself fallout, elders Scrolls, Rockband/GH, Mass Effect

For Games I know I'd derp around like Saints Row, Souls I try basing it off a comic hero or other charcater

For example in Saints row 3 I tried making a Nightwing-like charcater, in Demon souls I tried making an 'Assassin' charcater in in Dark Souls I have a 'Nightwing' 'Green Arrow' (Night Arrow) charcater light armor and dual wield staffs for l'LOL' of it or use a really cool bow

and hahaha, I also have a second charcater in Dark souls I named Batgirl, red head with high Intelligence (since Barbara is highly INT) and happens to, ironically be a magician (since Spells and enchated weapons are way to go with high INT)

But I like when games offer charcater customization, I like having fun building one Smiley Wink

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Message 3 of 11 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 25, 2014
I bought the hardback skyrim guide book, and it had the dragon language in the back. I used that to name my characters.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 11 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Apr 25, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:
I bought the hardback skyrim guide book, and it had the dragon language in the back. I used that to name my characters.

hmm interesting Smiley Happy

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Message 5 of 11 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

I usually make a male with dark hair that's the same length as my avatar's hair if I'm a Rogue, if I'm any other class I'll just get some short hair. I never make female characters because their bodies ruin a lot of cool looking armor.

The class I usually started off with used to be Warrior until I played Dragon's Dogma and started picking whatever class looked more fun to play as.

My go to name is Vice because it just sounds cool, I'll use Leon for a second playthrough and whatever comes to mind for a any more playthroughs.

When it comes to dialogue I was always a good guy until I played the first mass effect because the Renegade options were funny:

Now I'll just say something depending on the character or situation. For example I always side with Garrus and Wrex from Mass Effect, I always side against Blood Magic in Dragon Age (which would get Merill to hate me) and I'll never say something mean to Varric because he's the coolest dwarf around.

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 6 of 11 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9959 posts

Apr 25, 2014
If it's something like Elder Scrolls, usually I 'll make a guy that looks similar to me. Almost always go with the Imperial race. Sometimes I'll make a Khajit though and just mess around. Usually my characters tend to be a mix of warrior with mage.

If it's something like GTA or Saints Row I tend to make my character look even MORE like me. They'll have glasses, flat cap, light stubble, medium length dark hair, and a band shirt.

The Sims is where I have the most fun with characters though. On The Sims I like to make video game characters. So far I've made Kratos, Jin Kazama, and Ling Xiaoyu. I still need to make Jake Mueller and Sherry Birkin.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 7 of 11 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9972 posts

Apr 25, 2014

I always have trouble naming my characters. I'd like to create a character that's plausible within the context of the game. If it's an RPG I won't give the character a modern name and appearance unless the game is set in modern time. 

Also, I like to create a hero that resembles me ( male, white, young, good-looking Smiley LOL )

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 8 of 11 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
720 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

Hermaeus_Moron wrote:

... what's your usual style?

i.e. what looks do you most often tend to go for, what classes, how do you usually name your characters (seriously, humorously, in keeping with world lore, etc).

i usually design characters to fit a specific purpose. make them look the part. as for names i'm pretty unoriginal so it's usually just Hannah Goes Rawr and then some joke/lol name or a name inspired by another video game character, etc. male or female doesn't bother me. examples:

gw041.jpggw044.jpg

#CoalFactoriesMatter
Message 9 of 11 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1817 posts

Apr 26, 2014

Rene_Led wrote:

I tried making an 'Assassin' charcater in in Dark Souls

I spent quite a while designing my character in Dark Souls, which turned out to be pointless since I spent most of the game hollow.

Message 10 of 11 (54 Views)
0 Likes