Highlighted
Apr 05 2013
By: iRpiNoYx3 Monster Hunter 32 posts

Internet Connection

3 replies 67 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good router because mine is a piece of poop because its only giveing me 1.1 mbps for download speed and thats pretty gay, so if anybody has any suggestions please tell me cause i need a new router

Message 1 of 4 (67 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8532 posts

Re: Internet Connection

Apr 5, 2013

Major brands names are fine, like Linksys and D-Link.  I've had both brands without issues.

Before you drop a wad of cash on a router check your internet package and the download speeds your provider says should be attainable.  Also, some servers are so busy that they cannot provide downloads at full speed all the time.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct

================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51054 posts

Apr 5, 2013

iRpiNoYx3 wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good router because mine is a piece of poop because its only giveing me 1.1 mbps for download speed and thats pretty gay, so if anybody has any suggestions please tell me cause i need a new router

docsys 2.0 compatable equipment is basically all you need to worry about, any newer router/modem with that will be fine. 

Message 3 of 4 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I have a netgear and it works really good. You should look into prices for netgear routers/modems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes