Feb 03 2013
By: moblesuit75 PlayStation MVP 4421 posts
Accepted Solution

Is anyone seeing this? I am done being quiet about it now.

15 replies 238 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

I am posting in Off-Topic, but this pertains to the Forum as a whole. 

Some of you have been fooled.  Some of you continue to be fooled.  This Forum is currently under assault by a massive tooling and speaking effort.   Without going into the details of my initial encounter with in if the biggest perpetrators, the assault continues. 

While the main offender has been smoked out,  the rapid fire assault of supposed "new" members is on going.  

Has anyone else noticed the influx of post count 1 members sounding out about having their account "hacked", only to give no answer to questions on their thread? Has anyone else noticed unrecognizable names who "joined" as far back as two yeas ago, but only having posts within the past week?  When these others come on,  they only communicate to the "new" posters.  Then all of a sudden,  they disappear,  only to see the next cannon fodder pop up with the same complaint. 

Something is rotten here and I, for one, am not going to be silent about it anymore.  These are NOT true Forum members. DO NOT BE FOOLED! They will not break the "rules" outright.  They do not swear, they only mildly flame Sony, and if they do respond it will be overly polite and mildly helpful.  Think about the mannerisms of these you already "know" in the Forum.  This is not "one of us", it is an outsider and acts as such.

I honestly cannot be the only one noticing these threads, posts and supposed members!

Speak up if you see what I see.  Don't bother posting here if you are either the Troll in chief or one of the minions.  I have your "scent" and you have NO place here.

Find the tolls and take them out.  Keep or Forum free of this nuisance.  Help me fight!

Moble

Message 1 of 16 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6930 posts

Re: Is anyone seeing this? I am done being quiet about it now.

Feb 3, 2013

I don't mean to sound rude but I could care less. Smiley Very Happy Let the mods do their BLOODY GOOD job, eh? 

Message 2 of 16 (232 Views)
MVP Support
19823 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

I don't mean to sound rude but I could care less. Smiley Very Happy Let the mods do their BLOODY GOOD job, eh? 

The Mods are so busy doing their jobs they haven't had time to introduce themselves or update the Community Moderation Team thread in Forum Information and Help. They obviously don't have time for this either. We'll be here to report any violations and they can heroically swoop in and lock or delete threads and then move on ninja style.

Message 3 of 16 (226 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I don't want to be misinterpreted either. I believe the Mods an Adkins do a fantastic job here.  I am in no way looking to undermine or overrule their authority.

I simply wanted to see if any other regular member like myself have noticed it going on.

The mods can take this thread down if they decide is out of line.  If they do,  I hope they let me know why.

I am concerned these "phantom" members will reduce our ability to legitimately help those newer members who are actually in need.  I want to help, share, learn and teach.  What I am seeing here has never bee this bad is all.  I only seek to help.

Moble

Message 4 of 16 (217 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Yes i've noticed this. 

I think its good that those who know how to sniff these trolls alert the community so others who are easily blindfolded dont fall into their bait. 

and they follow and only post on their threads at time too. 

Poor humanity and our needs. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 5 of 16 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7809 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Yeah, I've been noticing this.

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Help-USB-stick-problems/m-p/39455887#U39455887

^ "New" Person claiming NTFS Flashdrives worked on their PS3. (PS3 OS never supported NTFS.)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Firmware-Update-4-31-Hazard/m-p/3945706...

^ "New" Person claiming 4.31 Firmware caused their PS3 to crash, includes wall of text of technical speculation. Claims he's a Tech Support Agent with many degrees, though his typing suggests otherwise (no offense).

And many, many more threads...

Message 6 of 16 (198 Views)
Shinra Executive
35907 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Yep, I too have seen a number of these, at first I was my ever usual helpful self lol, now I am a little more suspucious of them, not all of them, but some of them, so it becomes harder to tel if they are genuine or not, but I suppose we have to assume they are.

I've also seen a load of posts saying stuff like 'My BO or COD ranking went from prestige 65 to 1' too!

Message 7 of 16 (185 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Why not just patch the new ps3 update? That can prevent them from stealing or hacking into your account system.

Message 8 of 16 (178 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 4, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Yep, I too have seen a number of these, at first I was my ever usual helpful self lol, now I am a little more suspucious of them, not all of them, but some of them, so it becomes harder to tel if they are genuine or not, but I suppose we have to assume they are.

I've also seen a load of posts saying stuff like 'My BO or COD ranking went from prestige 65 to 1' too!

As BRIT says, it has become hard to determine which issues are genuine, and which are faux.  This is the biggest problem.  It is distracting, so therefore malicious.

I will not open myself up to blacklisting, and I will not put myself in the position of false accusations.  There are definitely some among us who are not on the "level".  They know who they are, and they can read this.

Those of us who have been here for a while, or at least a substantial amount of time, know the candor and environment well enough to know when something is awry.

Again, I defer to Moderators to determine what is right and what is wrong.  

I am only making an observation, that so far, has been at least partially supported.  Ignoring these people could be the only recourse, but so be it.

I created this thread, because I like to call it how I see it.  I saw something going on, and I though it needed attention.  That's it.

Moble

Message 9 of 16 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4491 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Troll threads in off-topic section, troll threads in PlayStation Netowork section, troll threads in PlayStation Home section. Non-stop Xbox threads. Mostly all from "new" members.

Yeah. Nothing different.

YB

Message 10 of 16 (152 Views)