By: dulun18 Limit Breaker 22643 posts

MONEY---Life's necessary EVIL

[ Edited ]
8 replies 136 views Edited Aug 13, 2014

d

MONEY

because of it we are working in a continuous cycle..  similar to ants or bees

*Bee movie comes to mind

money driven- we are stuck in a cycle that we can't get out or stop (only a certain few)..

bills to pay, things to buy.. etc..

we are slaves to money.. we all know this .. but we are still at it.. day after day... Smiley Indifferent

will there be salvation from life's necessary evil ?  the day when we  no longer need money while we are still alive...

well.. enough ranting.. it's time for me to log in to work.. got bills to pay..Smiley LOL

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Re: MONEY---Life's necessary EVIL

Aug 13, 2014

I know the feeling. I've seen people pay for groceries with WIC and they're iPhone owners.

Anyway... after I pay off my student loans in a few months I'll be debt free. Yet, I still have to pay rent, utilities, insurance and for what I like to call "retail therapy". I need to buy shoes, clothes and pre-order NHL '15 on Friday so off to work I go!

Message 2 of 9 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Aug 13, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

MONEY

because of it we are working in a continuous cycle..  similar to bees

money driven- we are stuck in a cycle that we can't get out or stop

bills to pay, things to buy.. etc..

we are slaves to money

well.. enough ranting it's time for me to work, got bills to pay Smiley LOL

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Message 3 of 9 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2014

I feel lucky.  Money doesn't dominate my life or my thinking.  I work a lot (50 hours/week) and at this point am paid fairly well for what I do, its 5 figures but its liveable.  

I don't feel jealous of what others have, if they have more than me that is ok.  If they have less than me I like to try and help lift them up but not with handouts, I prefer to teach those in my life whom are less well off the skills to let them help themselves.    "Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime"

Message 4 of 9 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Aug 13, 2014

Apparently almost everything has a price. Food is necessary to live. Yet, we are forced to work to get money to pay for it. Clean water also has a price. These are necessities, like the air we breathe, and we are forced by society to work for money to live.

Message 5 of 9 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 13, 2014

You don't need money to live.  You wouldn't have needed it thousands of years ago either.  It's  convenience that we are slaves of.  Money makes things easier.  The more money you got the easier things will be for you in almost all aspects of life.

Message 6 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1968 posts

Aug 13, 2014
“Mack and the boys, too, spinning in their orbits. They are the Virtues, the Graces, the Beauties of the hurried mangled craziness of Monterey and the cosmic Monterey where men in fear and hunger destroy their stomachs in the fight to secure certain food, where men hungering for love destroy everthing lovable about them. Mack and the boys are the Beauties, the Virtues, the Graces. In a world ruled by tigers with ulcers, rutted by strictured bulls, scavenged by blind jackals, Mack and the boys dine delicately with the tigers, fondle the frantic heifers, and wrap up the crumbs to feed the sea gulls of Cannery Row. What can it profit a man to gain the whole world and come to his property with a gastric ulcer, a blown prostate, and bifocals? Mack and the boys avoid the trap, walk around the poison, step over the noose while a generation of trapped, poisoned, and trussed-up men scream at them and call them no-goods, come-to-bad-ends, blots-on-the-town, thieves, rascals, bums. Our father who art in nature, who has given the gift of survival to the coyote, the common brown rat, the English sparrow, the house fly and the moth, must have a great and overwhelming love for no-goods and blots-on-the-town and bums, and Mack and the boys. Virtues and graces and laziness and zest. Our Father who art in nature.”

― John Steinbeck
Message 7 of 9 (86 Views)
Limit Breaker
22643 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2014

PoundManBamBam wrote:

You don't need money to live.  You wouldn't have needed it thousands of years ago either.  It's  convenience that we are slaves of.  Money makes things easier.  The more money you got the easier things will be for you in almost all aspects of life.

the stone age and today are not the same...

relying on nature alone to live?..it's possible... maybe when you are stucked on some uninhabited island..  then maybe you can start a new life without the influence of money....or move in the deep woods to live but bringing nothing with you

since it's not possible living in a today civilization without money..  you might not be handling the money directly but maybe being sponsored through someone/organization with money..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Message 8 of 9 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3450 posts

Aug 14, 2014

A few years ago, I reached a point in my life that I decided to change careers and take a different career path.  My new job pays significantly less, but I have more time with my family and more time off.  We also made it a priority to minimize the amount of debt we had.  Looking back, it was the best decision I could have made. 

I don't have an iphone, and I don't want one.  I don't even know what one would cost, but if I had that money to spend on whatever I wanted, it definitely wouldn't be a phone of any kind.  Let the lady spend her food stamps and chat on her iphone, I couldn't care less.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 9 of 9 (54 Views)