Feb 10 2013
By: deadend123 Welcoming Committee 10407 posts

Marriage Discussion

37 replies 323 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

Thought it'll be nice to discuss this.

Everyone says that marriage is beautiful, but after they get married, they say it's horrible and regret it. They also say that all marriages have arguments and fights. Do you believe that this is true.

In my opinion, I believe that there is a such thing as a perfect marriage, and what I mean by that is that there are couples that has never even had an argument, nor a fight. My aunt and uncle are a perfect example. Since I was born, I have yet to see them argue. There was always happiness in their house, and the family loved to laugh together. That is something that I would love to have when I get married and have a family of my own.

What are your opinions on marriage, or discuss yours. Smiley Happy

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 1 of 38 (323 Views)
Last Guardian
9173 posts

Re: Marriage Discussion

Feb 10, 2013

My grandparents have been married for over 60 years and my parents over 20 years. I do believe in a perfect marriage. I'm hoping for a perfect marriage for myself too one day when I'm ready for the commitment a perfect marriage requires. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 2 of 38 (318 Views)
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I disagree with marriage. I'm not against it but won't get married. Part of the reason is how my parents split up when I was 8. It really messed me up. Majority of my relatives have all divorced and I have seen many a failed relationship among friends.

You don't need to get married to prove you love someone but I understand that people tend to gravitate towards tradition.

Uncle Lemmy hit the nail on the head.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 3 of 38 (305 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Marriage isn't for every couple out in the world; doesn't matter how long you've been with them.

In today's society Marriage isn't that big anymore.

I honestly think the people that say Marriage is horrible is because they never got along with their partner and never really learned about them. Or it's not for them.

YB

Message 4 of 38 (303 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Feb 10, 2013

In my opinion, marriage is only good if you truely marry somoeone that you love with passion. Arguements come with marriages as I can still see my parents to this day argue about simple things, but they never fight at all! In my family history, when someone got married, they stay married.

There was no divorces and my grandparents, great-grandparents, all loved each other and we always had a great family when we got together.

So I really think marriage is a good thing but I won't force it upon you to marry someone, but let me say this as I said above. Marry someone who you know that you want to spend your life and that she or he returns the feeling.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 5 of 38 (302 Views)
MVP Support
40067 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Marriage is, can be a beautiful thing, everyone, & I mean everyone argues at one time or another, I know you said your aunt & uncle never have, ok, if that's true then they are most certainly the exception to the rule, I argue with my wife, we still love each-other, most of or arguments are over 'stupid', very 'minor' things, a lot like a lot of married couples argue, just becuse couples argie doesn't mean if you asked them they'd say yes/no to your question.

Is there such a thing as a perfect marriage?, that's very debatable deadend because what is perfect to one is not to another, so the question is really moot.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 38 (285 Views)
Welcoming Committee
10407 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Good point. Smiley Happy

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 7 of 38 (279 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
36571 posts

Feb 11, 2013

deadend123 wrote:

Thought it'll be nice to discuss this.

Everyone says that marriage is beautiful, but after they get married, they say it's horrible and regret it. They also say that all marriages have arguments and fights. Do you believe that this is true.

In my opinion, I believe that there is a such thing as a perfect marriage, and what I mean by that is that there are couples that has never even had an argument, nor a fight. My aunt and uncle are a perfect example. Since I was born, I have yet to see them argue. There was always happiness in their house, and the family loved to laugh together. That is something that I would love to have when I get married and have a family of my own.

What are your opinions on marriage, or discuss yours. Smiley Happy

OK so they don't show it when you're around.  All couples argue, fight, throw down, tangle, whatever you want to call it.  I've never known any couple that doesn't.  Some are just better than others at hiding it in front of other people.

Arguing and fighting doesn't mean there's no love.  When someone decides it's no longer worth fighting for, then you have a real problem.  Marriage is work.  Sometimes hard work.  If you put it on coast it's going to die.

Think of it like a building, in this case a pyramid, with each layer depending upon the layer beneath it.  If one layer goes out, everything above it goes out.  You have to fix the lowest level and work up.

Marriage - The highest level.  A working marriage is two people acting as one.

Love - A "me first" attitude is poisonous.

Trust - Do you know you can trust her?  Does she know she can trust you?

Communication - Talking about all your hopes, fears, goals, shortcomings, and everything else.  Don't be nasty, but be honest.

Truth - Communication without truth is vain babbling.  Are you actually saying anything real?

Relationship with God - The basis of all truth.

So if you see a couple routinely lying to each other, the comunication is useless.  Turst vanishes.  Without trust there is no love.  Without love, the marriage is on life support at best.

Message 8 of 38 (264 Views)
Survivor
2374 posts

Feb 11, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

OK so they don't show it when you're around.  All couples argue, fight, throw down, tangle, whatever you want to call it.  I've never known any couple that doesn't.  Some are just better than others at hiding it in front of other people.

Arguing and fighting doesn't mean there's no love.  When someone decides it's no longer worth fighting for, then you have a real problem.  Marriage is work.  Sometimes hard work.  If you put it on coast it's going to die.

Think of it like a building, in this case a pyramid, with each layer depending upon the layer beneath it.  If one layer goes out, everything above it goes out.  You have to fix the lowest level and work up.

Marriage - The highest level.  A working marriage is two people acting as one.

Love - A "me first" attitude is poisonous.

Trust - Do you know you can trust her?  Does she know she can trust you?

Communication - Talking about all your hopes, fears, goals, shortcomings, and everything else.  Don't be nasty, but be honest.

Truth - Communication without truth is vain babbling.  Are you actually saying anything real?

Relationship with God - The basis of all truth.

So if you see a couple routinely lying to each other, the comunication is useless.  Turst vanishes.  Without trust there is no love.  Without love, the marriage is on life support at best.

This.

Marriage is as good as the trust, communication, and love in the relationship. If it's mutual, it will be a working marriage, not perfect but working. If any of that is missing in the relationship, the marriage will be shaky, more than a working one.

Message 9 of 38 (261 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

My parents have been together for at least a decade, and they used to fight all of the time at the start. I've learned that marriage is a considerably strong and lasting commitment if you want it to work.

My opinion on marriage is that I don't believe in a perfect marriage at all, but if I was married and things were going wrong, I wouldn't give up on it. Like they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Edit: I think DrGadget said it loads better than I could have.

Message 10 of 38 (258 Views)