Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Feb 28 2010
By: GoodLuckSaturday Limit Breaker 21295 posts
Online
Accepted Solution

NBA General Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
10486 replies 4300 views Edited Nov 23, 2013

For rob. And for all of us NBA fans who don't want to start a new thread for all the NBA stuff.

 

Still surprised about the Nets beating the Celtics, even more surprised how good the Pacers ball movement has been tonight against the Bulls! And just watching Dahntay Jones with a SportsCenter highlight jam, nice.

 

And seriously, any Kobe vs. LeBron talk, and I'm going to lay the smack down.  

Message 1 of 10,487 (4,300 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/21/2006
Offline
10928 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

great thread, kudos definitely awarded.

 

what i first want to note is jason kidd's game against the hawks last night. 19 points, 17 assists, 16 rebounds. just the fourth player to have 19/15/15 since 1986. a couple of the other guys who did it are named magic and bird. he'd also done it once before.

 

oh and did i mention he's like... 50?

Message 2 of 10,487 (3,682 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/25/2003
Online
21295 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

XrobX wrote:

great thread, kudos definitely awarded.

 

what i first want to note is jason kidd's game against the hawks last night. 19 points, 17 assists, 16 rebounds. just the fourth player to have 19/15/15 since 1986. a couple of the other guys who did it are named magic and bird. he'd also done it once before.

 

oh and did i mention he's like... 50?


I'm dumbfounded by Jason Kidd. Jesus, this guy is old and he's still playing like he's 30. In some ways, better. Maybe he's on Steve Nash's diet.

 

Pacers got a nice win against the Bulls tonight. I'm going to go ahead and say Roy Hibbert may not be the best at much in the NBA in his time, but he's going to be the best passing big man in the league at some point. He's really made some great passes this season.

 

Message 3 of 10,487 (3,682 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/12/2007
Offline
3255 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

Yeah there better not be any Kobe vs. LeBron talk... I'll get 'em from behind while you lay the smack down.

 

Anyway, the Knicks got their first win since forever the other night after Lee hit a game winning layup in OT. It felt nice, that whole winning thing. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10,487 (3,682 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/16/2009
Offline
414 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

The nets beat the celts???????????

 

that cavs lost must have hit home.  kg looks like he's done, he must be really hurt.  

 

i'm surprised tmac is scoring a lot.  He has no ups right now but his bball IQ is off the charts as usual and his height and quickness keep him in the game.  I wonder if he's a defensive liability.  Either way, I can't wait for the Knicks to land some top FA's next year.  I want to see madison square garden in an eastern finals series against Jordan's son. 

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Message 5 of 10,487 (3,681 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/16/2009
Offline
414 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

XrobX wrote:

something else kidd did last night that was bizarre. check out this video clip.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8KtMOnGvY

 

near the end of the game, hawks were up two, and head coach mike woodson was trying to get off the court, kidd plows into him, and the end result was that woodson was whistled for a technical foul for being out on the court. dirk hits the free throw aznd from that point the momentum had changed and the mavs went on to win. some might call it a dirty play, but i thought it was genius.

 

i had never seen that in a game, and was unaware of the rule. i guess kidd wasn't.


yeah - i thought the coach got off the court and kidd threw his arm out to hit him.  I'm not sure what the rule is on that play but the hawks lost a point in a game that went into OT.  

 

mavs look nice.  if damp comes back this season they are going to be TOUGH in the playoffs.  unless caron gets vertigo mashburn style. 

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Message 6 of 10,487 (3,679 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/21/2006
Offline
10928 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:

XrobX wrote:

something else kidd did last night that was bizarre. check out this video clip.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8KtMOnGvY

 

near the end of the game, hawks were up two, and head coach mike woodson was trying to get off the court, kidd plows into him, and the end result was that woodson was whistled for a technical foul for being out on the court. dirk hits the free throw aznd from that point the momentum had changed and the mavs went on to win. some might call it a dirty play, but i thought it was genius.

 

i had never seen that in a game, and was unaware of the rule. i guess kidd wasn't.


yeah - i thought the coach got off the court and kidd threw his arm out to hit him.  I'm not sure what the rule is on that play but the hawks lost a point in a game that went into OT.  

 

mavs look nice.  if damp comes back this season they are going to be TOUGH in the playoffs.  unless caron gets vertigo mashburn style. 


butler hasn't played the last two games. they say it was "bad reaction to medicine", but i am skeptical. he better play tomorrow or i'm officially worried.

Message 7 of 10,487 (3,679 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/10/2006
Offline
6665 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010
How about Scott Brooks for NBA Coach of the Year?!!? He has turned a 23-59 record into 33-23(TO DATE) and almost dead last defensively into TOP5. If that doesn't earn you COY consideration, I dont know what does.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 10,487 (3,679 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/07/2005
Offline
7593 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

How about that LeBron GLS?

 

But Go HAWKS!

Message 9 of 10,487 (3,679 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/21/2006
Offline
10928 posts
 

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Feb 28, 2010

 


ousoonerdave24 wrote:
How about Scott Brooks for NBA Coach of the Year?!!? He has turned a 23-59 record into 33-23(TO DATE) and almost dead last defensively into TOP5. If that doesn't earn you COY consideration, I dont know what does.

 

i could back that. i hope the thunder go far. they're so talented, they could really be contending for the championship within the next couple years if they make a couple more moves

 

Message 10 of 10,487 (3,679 Views)
Reply
0 Likes