Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Limit Breaker
21162 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Mar 4, 2010

Aces15 wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Was going to stay up and watch Pacers/Lakers. Glad I decided not to. Will make the same, intelligent decision tonight against Portland. Man, I hate this team.

These boards have really died since the reboot.

...But.... it's just SO bad. It makes me

And yes I saw Granger get shutdown by RonRon, don't know what was up with that. Granger seems to not be himself this year, what do you think is up? Injuries? Crap team? Both?

Heel injury in the early part of the season really hurt his year overall. He looked to be generally improved all around, but his team is much worse this year all around (injuries, rotation issues), so really, all defenses have to do is stop him, and it's an easy win. Heck last night showed that they don't even have to stop him from getting 30 to win by 25. More recently, he's had to deal with some family issues and he's been pretty vocal about being super sad and not really being in games at all times, even though he's generally played well as of late, save for the Laker game. 

Another 25 point loss on the Pacers road trip. Next up, Denver. And then Phoenix. Probably don't need much help to keep up such a torrid pace against teams like that. Yawn.

Message 31 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Mar 4, 2010

XrobX wrote:

john hollinger is a certified idiot and his power rankings are flawed garbage, just throwing that out there

John hollinger is one funny dude!

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Message 32 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Mar 4, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Was going to stay up and watch Pacers/Lakers. Glad I decided not to. Will make the same, intelligent decision tonight against Portland. Man, I hate this team.

These boards have really died since the reboot.

Brandon Rush and Granger are going to make an awesome tandem with HIbbert running the paint.

The game had more to do with officiating than anything else.  Hibbert couldn't play all game and you could clearly see the lakers were going to get a lot of calls early.  I think the 1st Q ended a close quarter however, the lakers were 9-9 on FT's while the tough minded pacers were 0-0.

first play of 2nd half..... hibbert got his 4th.

Message 33 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21162 posts

Mar 5, 2010

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:
Brandon Rush and Granger are going to make an awesome tandem with HIbbert running the paint.

The game had more to do with officiating than anything else.  Hibbert couldn't play all game and you could clearly see the lakers were going to get a lot of calls early.  I think the 1st Q ended a close quarter however, the lakers were 9-9 on FT's while the tough minded pacers were 0-0.

Believe it or not, the franchise isn't very high on Rush. He was almost traded at the deadline for D.J. Augustin. I'm not ready to give up on him, but I'm actually kind of close. Honestly, he could still become a really good player. He just needs a coach who can pull that out of him. His motor right now is pretty iffy on the offensive end. For someone who can get his shot anywhere and anytime he wants, he is far too passive. I would feel more comfortable if he were forcing himself more offensively and taking more shots than he does. Even if he's missing them, I want him taking 15 shots a night, not 9.

But he's becoming a solid defensive player. That's great to see, but it is disappointing because he has the ability to be a 17 points a night player. If he had the drive, he could be a fringe all-star, and really could be one of the league's legit all purpose guards, but he doesn't have it right now, and I don't know if he'll ever get it. He's been good and bad a lot in his two years.

I do like some of the pieces this team has, even if most of it should be thrown out with the trash, Rush, maybe or maybe not included in that. I like the idea of moving forward with Granger, Hibbert, Price, Hansbrough (if the very little play he did have this is any indicator), and McRoberts. Just need some talent to fill out the rough edges (John Wall? Evan Turner? Derrick Favors? Greg Monroe? Anyone with upside?). It's very important they get this pick right and don't take a DeMarcus Russe...Cousins. I'd like to get 1-2 so we can just get Wall or Turner and be done with it.

Message 34 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 5, 2010

cousins is pretty good from what i've seen

Message 35 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 5, 2010

just saw the fake show get beat in OT by miami, was a pretty good game

also just found out jet terry is out with a broken face, so i'm bummed about that

Message 36 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21162 posts

Mar 5, 2010

Hey, rob. What can you tell me on how Beaubois is looking this year? I know his time is limited, but I wasn't sure how he was looking in those limited minutes. I picked up a pack of cards today and pulled a Beaubois auto, so I'm now officially invested in the kid's future. I gather Cuban's pretty high on him, which is a good sign in my eyes.

Message 37 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Mar 5, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:

Believe it or not, the franchise isn't very high on Rush. He was almost traded at the deadline for D.J. Augustin. I'm not ready to give up on him, but I'm actually kind of close. Honestly, he could still become a really good player. He just needs a coach who can pull that out of him. His motor right now is pretty iffy on the offensive end. For someone who can get his shot anywhere and anytime he wants, he is far too passive. I would feel more comfortable if he were forcing himself more offensively and taking more shots than he does. Even if he's missing them, I want him taking 15 shots a night, not 9.

But he's becoming a solid defensive player. That's great to see, but it is disappointing because he has the ability to be a 17 points a night player. If he had the drive, he could be a fringe all-star, and really could be one of the league's legit all purpose guards, but he doesn't have it right now, and I don't know if he'll ever get it. He's been good and bad a lot in his two years.

I do like some of the pieces this team has, even if most of it should be thrown out with the trash, Rush, maybe or maybe not included in that. I like the idea of moving forward with Granger, Hibbert, Price, Hansbrough (if the very little play he did have this is any indicator), and McRoberts. Just need some talent to fill out the rough edges (John Wall? Evan Turner? Derrick Favors? Greg Monroe? Anyone with upside?). It's very important they get this pick right and don't take a DeMarcus Russe...Cousins. I'd like to get 1-2 so we can just get Wall or Turner and be done with it.

The Pacers definitely have the tools to put together a tough team to beat.  I forgot to mention the outside touch of Dunleavy and Murphy. 

Rush must be a frustrating player to watch.  The Pacers will have him for the next few years so hopefully he can either improve enough to be great trade bait or that he actually fulfills his potential and becomes a key piece to a playoff run. 

They only have $15 mil on the books for the year 2011-12.  They have a ton of cap space and a lot of current talent.  I'm thinking this will be Bird's opportunity to prove his basketball mind and build a great team. 

Message 38 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 5, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Hey, rob. What can you tell me on how Beaubois is looking this year? I know his time is limited, but I wasn't sure how he was looking in those limited minutes. I picked up a pack of cards today and pulled a Beaubois auto, so I'm now officially invested in the kid's future. I gather Cuban's pretty high on him, which is a good sign in my eyes.

SO JEALOUS.......sell it to me?
from what i've seen, he makes some rookie mistakes here and there but he's one of the fastest players i've ever seen, plus he's a crazy jumper and and shoots pretty well too.
i expect he'll get a lot more minutes now that jet is out 1-8 weeks. he has 17 points in the last game, but that was with added minutes becasue kidd had the night off.
anyway, i'm obviously biased but i think he's awesome. can you just post a pic of the card or something
Message 39 of 10,321 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21162 posts

Mar 6, 2010

XrobX wrote:
anyway, i'm obviously biased but i think he's awesome. can you just post a pic of the card or something

Sure, here it is:

I love that it's on card and not a sticker. 

Message 40 of 10,321 (777 Views)