Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Big Daddy
20789 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Mar 7, 2010

XrobX wrote:

better hang on to that card VII, Roddy Buckets is a certified stud. 24, 4, 4 after 3 quarters so far tonight. leading the team in scoring again.

Phew. Man, that's just not even fair. I'm watching T.J. Ford and Earl Watson look like turd piles. It's a real shame the Pacers don't have a rookie PG who can score 20 points.

--

And straight out of my "I hate to say that I was right about this, but I was right about this" file the Nets beating the Knicks by 20 to get win number seven. No way the Nets win less than ten. They may not win more than ten, but they will *not* win less than that.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Mar 7, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

XrobX wrote:

better hang on to that card VII, Roddy Buckets is a certified stud. 24, 4, 4 after 3 quarters so far tonight. leading the team in scoring again.

Phew. Man, that's just not even fair. I'm watching T.J. Ford and Earl Watson look like turd piles. It's a real shame the Pacers don't have a rookie PG who can score 20 points.

--

And straight out of my "I hate to say that I was right about this, but I was right about this" file the Nets beating the Knicks by 20 to get win number seven. No way the Nets win less than ten. They may not win more than ten, but they will *not* win less than that.

You'd think that I'd be raging after this, but the Knicks didn't even play that poorly compared to their "potential". The Nets' shots were falling (way more than usual) and the Knicks' weren't (had 0 3's made).

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 7, 2010

i checked the score of that game when it first started, the knicks were up 18-4. i just thought "lol nets" an continued watching other games. sure enough they came back and won.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20789 posts

Mar 7, 2010

A really exciting game between the Pacers and Suns tonight. Towards the end of the third quarter, Channing Frye punches Earl Watson in the back of the head, then takes a swing at Danny Granger. Frye is ejected, Granger hits a technical free throw amidst boos, and then shushes the crowd with his finger, setting them off into a frenzy of boos for him the rest of the night. What should've been a classic fourth quarter between Granger and the Phoenix crowd (this times ten), ending up being underwhelming because for one, the Pacers really suck, and two, the refs called the fourth quarter extremely tight, taking away at least two great plays by Granger that could've put this game into this times ten territory.

Regardless, it was still really fun to hear the Phoenix crowd chant "PACERS SUCK!" I mean, really? I wish more fans thought so highly of them to say that. I now hope the Suns get swept out of the playoffs, if only because their fans actually bought into slandering a 20-43 basketball team like saps. I hope their playoff run this year is this times ten.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 7, 2010

i can't see the suns making it out of the first round.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 7, 2010

looks like the LoLakers went 0-3 on the road trip.... only 3 games out of the #1 seed now, is it possible?

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20789 posts

Mar 7, 2010

For the record, since the Bulls started 0-3 in 1990-91, Jordan never allowed a three game losing streak again. (I say that for effect, but we all know Washington doesn't count)

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Mar 8, 2010

are the lakers going through a rash of injuries?  I only know of Luke Walton being out and I don't think they are relying or counting on adam morrison. 

lakers may have too many holes to fill up.   however, they still have a lot of talent and should not be counted out come playoff time.  but, kobe has been terrible at times and if he plays at all like that in the playoffs, the lakers will be on the ropes consistently.

funny about the suns chanting like that against the pacers.  Only way I see them doing anything is if Amare wakes up and believes he's michael jordan and plays like him every night.

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6661 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Hellllloooo everybody!! It's been awhile since I've posted here, I been really busy as of late. I meant to post something about Durant's 29 game 25+ streak but I didn't want to jinx it. But MikeGrim did that for me in an earlier post on these boards... thanks Grim Anyways here is a youtube video of highlights during the streak. I wanted to post this because I know KD has such a low visibility index, most of you didn't get to witness KD's sillky-smooth game. The Streak: By the Numbers.

I know I have been harsh on Hustle Westbrook due to the fact that he is not a prototypical PG since he was drafted 2 years ago. But I could care less anymore as long as he continues to hustle on the glass and on D game in and game out. He is really coming along now in his second year. He is even getting attention for Most improved which is really a good sign because the way he is playing shows that his ceiling is much higher that I, or anybody else, once thought. Maybe the NBA is changing right in front of our very eyes.... The "TRUE PG" maybe dying right along with the dominant center. A true PG could be defined as a player who might have a pass first mentality or is just out there to make the right decisions running the offense. But the way Westbrook is playing, I couldn't care less that Westbrook is NOT a true PG. He is a defensive prowess and he always hustles for the steals and boards. While his ball handling skills are somewhat limited, his explosiveness in transition is amazing. And he might be, somehow, acquiring somewhat of a "clutch rating". He has been big the last month or so at getting either defensive stops or big buckets near the end of games. Sam Presti & Co. clearly knew what they were getting with this Pac-10 All Defensive 'combo guard'. I'll admit though, when I heard (knowing the Sonics were more than likely moving here) that the Supersonics drafted him that high.. I was like WHATTT?!? <Chris Griffin voice>.

If management can keep this group together (KD, RW, and Uncle Jeff) and Serge Ibaka & James Harden continue to improve and refine their skills, this Thunder team could be a team that nobody wants to face come playoff time. KD himself thinks a title is somewhere in his future... hopefully in OKC.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Mar 8, 2010

i hope KD works on his strength during the offseason and during every off season.  when he hits his prime and ever faces bron, he will need a lot of strength behind him.

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 10,077 (620 Views)
0 Likes