Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Mar 10, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Danny Granger and Channing Frye have each been suspended for one game regarding their actions on Saturday. Granger will miss tonight against the Sixers. Adjust your fantasy roster accordingly.

These injuries are making the final stretch of the regular season closer and entertaining with seeding, but I'd also like to see teams not be completely outmatched come playoff time due to these injuries, too.

and wouldn't you know the pacers still won without him

Message 71 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21180 posts

Mar 10, 2010

XrobX wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Danny Granger and Channing Frye have each been suspended for one game regarding their actions on Saturday. Granger will miss tonight against the Sixers. Adjust your fantasy roster accordingly.

These injuries are making the final stretch of the regular season closer and entertaining with seeding, but I'd also like to see teams not be completely outmatched come playoff time due to these injuries, too.

Roy Hibbert was well on pace for a triple double until T.J. Ford and Jim O'Brien decided they weren't having it. Had six assists about halfway through the third, but I think he got about five more minutes of game action and T.J. Ford was being a tool as he almost always is.

Message 72 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Mar 10, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

XrobX wrote:

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Roy Hibbert was well on pace for a triple double until T.J. Ford and Jim O'Brien decided they weren't having it. Had six assists about halfway through the third, but I think he got about five more minutes of game action and T.J. Ford was being a tool as he almost always is.

I recall you pushing hard to land HIckson.  who would you want on your team between Hibbert and Hickson?

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Message 73 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21180 posts

Mar 10, 2010

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:

I recall you pushing hard to land HIckson.  who would you want on your team between Hibbert and Hickson?

Hibbert. I still think a true center with the work ethic he has is more valuable than an interior PF with upside. The real benefit of having Hickson was to pair him with Hibbert, but I'd rather just have Hibbert between the two considering there are a lot of interior PFs in this draft.

Message 74 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 11, 2010

and the beat goes on.

Message 75 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Mar 11, 2010

XrobX wrote:

and the beat goes on.

bring on the playoffs!!!!

Mavs are looking good and may have the mental toughness this time to get it done, unless they give Bron, or whoever they play, the wade treatment in the finals.

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Message 76 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 11, 2010

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:

XrobX wrote:

and the beat goes on.

bring on the playoffs!!!!

Mavs are looking good and may have the mental toughness this time to get it done, unless they give Bron, or whoever they play, the wade treatment in the finals.

oh they will. we all know stern would never allow it.

Message 77 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21180 posts

Mar 12, 2010

It's a shame the NBA doesn't have flex scheduling for national TV games, because this Sunday's ABC showdown between Cleveland and Boston is going to be less entertaining than watching paint dry. Need I say again the Boston Celtics are done? Following a twenty point beat down...at home...against Memphis. Yes. At home...against Memphis. Once more for emphasis...at home, against Memphis, I think it's a real crime we'll be subjected to watching LeBron (maybe watching LeBron) steamroll a bunch of tired old farts and Nate Robinson when the Timberwolves and Kings are playing that day as well.

And again, ESPN's got Boston/Detroit on Monday. Can you think of a less entertaining prospect of a game than a Detroit Pistons team led by Jonas Jerebko and a Boston Celtics team that will doze off frequently in the third quarter? On the bright side, the Lakers play the Warriors in the late set, so we'll get to see the Lakers struggle mightly against an inferior opponent just to see Kobe bail them out at the last second again. At least it'll be exciting.

Other games this week for the national audience: San Antonio sans Tony Parker against Orlando and the real greatest game ever: Bucks/Clips. No wonder the league is losing all this money. 

Edit:

And by the way, teams that wear their road colors at home for just being on national TV should be fined millions of dollars for being lame.

Message 78 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Mar 12, 2010

Derrick Rose is really showing what happens when you rely on driving and being physical as an essential part of your game. He's constantly banged up. 

He's out right now with a gimpy wrist, and as if this game wasn't a mismatch already, now it's just unwatchable.

Photobucket
Message 79 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 12, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

It's a shame the NBA doesn't have flex scheduling for national TV games, because this Sunday's ABC showdown between Cleveland and Boston is going to be less entertaining than watching paint dry. Need I say again the Boston Celtics are done? Following a twenty point beat down...at home...against Memphis. Yes. At home...against Memphis. Once more for emphasis...at home, against Memphis, I think it's a real crime we'll be subjected to watching LeBron (maybe watching LeBron) steamroll a bunch of tired old farts and Nate Robinson when the Timberwolves and Kings are playing that day as well.

And again, ESPN's got Boston/Detroit on Monday. Can you think of a less entertaining prospect of a game than a Detroit Pistons team led by Jonas Jerebko and a Boston Celtics team that will doze off frequently in the third quarter? On the bright side, the Lakers play the Warriors in the late set, so we'll get to see the Lakers struggle mightly against an inferior opponent just to see Kobe bail them out at the last second again. At least it'll be exciting.

Other games this week for the national audience: San Antonio sans Tony Parker against Orlando and the real greatest game ever: Bucks/Clips. No wonder the league is losing all this money. 

Edit:

And by the way, teams that wear their road colors at home for just being on national TV should be fined millions of dollars for being lame.

and as i read this i'm watching(not watching) golden state vs portland.

YAAAAWN

Message 80 of 10,353 (819 Views)
0 Likes