Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Mar 13, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

It's a shame the NBA doesn't have flex scheduling for national TV games, because this Sunday's ABC showdown between Cleveland and Boston is going to be less entertaining than watching paint dry. Need I say again the Boston Celtics are done? Following a twenty point beat down...at home...against Memphis. Yes. At home...against Memphis. Once more for emphasis...at home, against Memphis, I think it's a real crime we'll be subjected to watching LeBron (maybe watching LeBron) steamroll a bunch of tired old farts and Nate Robinson when the Timberwolves and Kings are playing that day as well.

And again, ESPN's got Boston/Detroit on Monday. Can you think of a less entertaining prospect of a game than a Detroit Pistons team led by Jonas Jerebko and a Boston Celtics team that will doze off frequently in the third quarter? On the bright side, the Lakers play the Warriors in the late set, so we'll get to see the Lakers struggle mightly against an inferior opponent just to see Kobe bail them out at the last second again. At least it'll be exciting.

Other games this week for the national audience: San Antonio sans Tony Parker against Orlando and the real greatest game ever: Bucks/Clips. No wonder the league is losing all this money. 

Edit:

And by the way, teams that wear their road colors at home for just being on national TV should be fined millions of dollars for being lame.

The league shoots themself in the foot for limiting the amount of games a team can be shown on national TV.  and the Lakers should be fined every single sunday for wearing the "sunday whites".

I think the boston\cavs game is going to turn into a, "celtics playing tough D", tackle fest with the C's looking more like they are intent on injuring the cavs with hopes that they can knock someone out of the playoffs or to "get in their head".  I think I've seen just about every single celtic player tackle bron at some point thoughout the past 3 years.  Now that the C's are nearing the end of a brief run, they may get all sheeded and do a bunch of stupid stuff when they start to lose.

and yeah, the end of the season always sucks.  teams are already on vaca while other teams are resting guys for playoffs and then you have teams like the mavs that will just crush you if you suck.  and there's never any fun in blowouts unless someone does something individually crazy like score 81 points.  At the end of the season I think bron, kd & melo should do like david robinson and try to score as many points as they can in the last game they play.  bron should shoot like 20 3's just to see what will happen.  KD should drive to the lane 30 times in a game and melo should post up 30 times in a game.  lets see what these dudes can really do!

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 13, 2010

anyone want to talk about the second hottest team in the nba, the milwaukee bucks?

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21053 posts

Mar 13, 2010

XrobX wrote:

anyone want to talk about the second hottest team in the nba, the milwaukee bucks?

John Salmons and his chin forest are severely underrated. I thought he was going to be able to take over for Ben Gordon pretty well in Chicago, but I was wrong about that. But heck, you get him in a system that has scorers in place (in this case, Bogut and Jennings), and you've got a really good player. Stack is playing pretty well for more or less being out of the league last year. I don't know how dangerous the Bucks are in the postseason going up against Atlanta or Boston, but they're looking good right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 13, 2010

76ersNets
Record9-73 (.110)7-57 (.109)
PPG104.190.7
Opp PPG116.2100.9
FG%42.042.6
Opp FG%47.348.0
Decided by 5 or fewer points5-161-12
Losses by 10 or more4834
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21053 posts

Mar 14, 2010

It's been rough being a Pacers fan for the past five years, but it's been a heck of a run. In fact...I found out that 2010 will be the first time the Pacers will earn a top ten pick (barring them finishing the year 17-0) since 1989. That's 1989. And that's the longest such streak in the league. In fact, I think it's the longest streak in league history, since the Lakers streak of no "earned" top ten picks between 1975-1994 is the longest I can find.

So the torch will be passed to the San Antonio Spurs, who last really sucked in 1997, when they lucked into Timmy D. Dallas (1998), Detroit (2001 - that'll end as well), and Denver (2003) round out the current top five. Cleveland, Orlando, and Phoenix (all 2004) (Philly is 2004 as well, but will end that this year) will jump into the top five.

Sure the NBA Draft isn't as deep as any other sports' draft, but the top of it changes franchises' fortunes so quickly that you have to get a top ten pick in order to be a successful team.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Mar 14, 2010

well looks like the mavs were seriously overrated. losing at home by 25 to a bunch of d-leaguers, streak over

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Mar 14, 2010

XrobX wrote:

well looks like the mavs were seriously overrated. losing at home by 25 to a bunch of d-leaguers, streak over

Muahahahahaha

Revenge, it's sweet.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21053 posts

Mar 14, 2010

XrobX wrote:

You mean 35?

Bill Walker had 23!? Isn't that what he scored in his entire career with Boston? Knicks shot 56% from the field, 53% from beyond the arc, moved and controlled the ball better. I don't quite get how they put it all together, but wow. Impressive win for New York.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 10,149 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21053 posts

Mar 14, 2010

Tonight at 9 p.m. EST on ESPN is a new ESPN 30 for 30 doc called Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks. Now I make this required viewing for a number of reasons, but everyone should give it a view to catch the last great NBA rivalry. No media fabrications like Lakers/Cavs, this was a rivalry between two teams, who faced each other six times in eight years, each won three series, won 18 games, each punched tickets to the NBA Finals against each other...three times.

It also spawned three of the greatest playoff moments ever, Reggie Miller's 25 points in the fourth quarter, Reggie's 8 points in 9 seconds, Larry Johnson's four point play. They don't make the NBA like this anymore. Go watch it tonight.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3255 posts

Mar 14, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Tonight at 9 p.m. EST on ESPN is a new ESPN 30 for 30 doc called Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks. Now I make this required viewing for a number of reasons, but everyone should give it a view to catch the last great NBA rivalry. No media fabrications like Lakers/Cavs, this was a rivalry between two teams, who faced each other six times in eight years, each won three series, won 18 games, each punched tickets to the NBA Finals against each other...three times.

It also spawned three of the greatest playoff moments ever, Reggie Miller's 25 points in the fourth quarter, Reggie's 8 points in 9 seconds, Larry Johnson's four point play. They don't make the NBA like this anymore. Go watch it tonight.

I've been waiting for this one for a while now.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 10,149 (630 Views)
0 Likes