Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread

Aug 21, 2014

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

OKAY. HEAR ME OUT.

As a Celtics fan, I've come up with a couple of great Rondo deals!

Boston gets: Michael Carter-Williams, Joel Embiid

Philadelphia gets: Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Tyler Zeller

Why Boston does it: Cause Embiid the rim protector we need!

Why Philly does it: NO CLUE, but that's what makes it fun! But with Embiid set to miss some time, why not? Technically, Philly's coming out ahead since they get a player they can use right now!

Also, if that doesn't work, how about...

Boston gets: Paul George, George Hill, Chris Copeland

Indiana gets: Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green

Why Boston does it: They get one of the best two way players in the NBA!!!

Why Indiana does it: Like the Philly deal, technically Indiana comes out ahead because Rondo will actually play this year! They're built to win now and with Paul George getting up there in age, they would gladly mortgage their entire franchise's future for a year of Rondo!

Okay, okay...let's try this...

Boston gets: Roy Hibbert and David West

Indiana gets: Jared Sullinger, Tyler Zeller, James Young

Why Boston does it: PLAYOFFS BABY!!! They're automatically our two best players!

Why Indiana does it: They want to look towards the future? I guess? So...that seems like a fair deal for two All-Stars. Right?

problem with the first indiana boston trade you proposed is that paul george's out for the year that isn't happening now hibbert's getting sent to portland from what i hear from t-spence via twitter who is very realiable and hasn't let me down yet so far

Message 10061 of 13,484 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22452 posts

Aug 21, 2014

eagles1990 wrote:

Cavs fans (Well, Fear The Sword at least) surpassed them so quickly it's hard to remember that Celtics fansites/blogs were the worst around at one point Smiley Very Happy

You mean stuff like "Just because the Cavs have by far the best team in the East, we don’t have to invent some threat to them" and "If the Cavs obviously have the best team in the East, we don’t have to pretend that another team is a threat."

Oh wait, this is a gem too:

Yep. I think we’ve reached the point where defense is now overrated where before we didn’t really think about it too much. Especially for PGs.

Just a minor factoid: since the merger in 1976, only two teams have ever won an NBA championship without having a top 10 defensive rating. And Miami was out of the top 10 last year, and guess what, they didn't win! Whahoho.

Message 10062 of 13,484 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22452 posts

Aug 22, 2014
Sounds like Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved, and that top ten protected '15 Miami pick going to Philly as part of the Love / Wiggins, Bennett, Young deal.

Cavs better hope Love and Irving, two poor defenders who have never been in the playoffs, are the right guys with James, cause they've given up every real asset they had in that Love deal short of tricking someone into thinking Waiters is good.
Message 10063 of 13,484 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21021 posts

Aug 22, 2014

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

A guy with a history of knee problems has sore knees early in the stages of his second comeback from two major knee injuries, but it's "fine" and "there's nothing to worry about?" I'm not a doctor to be sure, but that doesn't quite add up. For the sake of competition in the East, it'd be good if Rose remained healthy, but if his knees are sore now after like three weeks of practice and scrimmages, what's it going to be like in mid-January? Or even more so once May rolls around and he's been playing non-stop on those sore knees for 9 months? Are his knees going to get better with more wear on them or does he just need to get in shape or something and then he'll be 2006 Dwyane Wade for 100 games?

sounds like the second coming of Penny Hardaway's career.

Message 10064 of 13,484 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22452 posts

Aug 22, 2014
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/suns-make-late-kevin-love-pitch/story?id=25090253

I'd say "how funny would this be?" but a James/Wiggins duo scares the hell outta me more than James/Love.
Message 10065 of 13,484 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21021 posts

Aug 22, 2014

its a desperate trade.... bledsoe has an injury history...

now... maybe if they throw this guy in there.

Message 10066 of 13,484 (233 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31043 posts

Aug 22, 2014

Not sure how Sam Hinkie managed to get a potentially high 1st for someone who is opting out of his contract after this year 

Message 10067 of 13,484 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21021 posts

Aug 25, 2014

Message 10068 of 13,484 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21021 posts

Aug 25, 2014

nappppier is a bit of a dumb dumb.

“The funny thing is, I never really touched an NBA ball until I left school,” Napier said. “I told myself I never wanted to. I felt like it was superstitious, like something bad was going to happen, like I had to earn it. I never touched it and it’s definitely different. This ball is leather and the biggest thing for me now is getting comfortable with it.”

Message 10069 of 13,484 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21021 posts

Aug 26, 2014

so... about rose's knee's...

Derrick Rose, who missed all three of his shots and had three turnovers to one assists.

Message 10070 of 13,484 (168 Views)
0 Likes