Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread (No Kobe vs. LeBron)

Mar 17, 2010

how is granger doing?  I think he got elbowed in the head last night.

.`~--*'';:._--`~``
Message 101 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22392 posts

Mar 17, 2010

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:

how is granger doing?  I think he got elbowed in the head last night.

Everything came back negative, which is a good sign. He's out tonight against Cleveland, and I don't think there's a time table for his return yet. Don't need him against Detroit, hope he's able to play on Sunday though.

Message 102 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22392 posts

Mar 18, 2010

I absolutely love coming to playoff conclusions based on how a team plays the Indiana Pacers. It's completely ill founded and illogical. But.......

If the Cavs aren't healthy regarding Z and Shaq and don't avoid foul trouble with them, the Magic are a dead lock to get back to the Finals. Roy Hibbert's got 18 tonight on something like 8-12 or 8-13. Basically...Cleveland can't stop him. If you can't stop Hibbert, you can't stop Howard. You don't stop Howard, we're talking about LeBron not shaking hands again in May.

Message 103 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Mar 18, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

I absolutely love coming to playoff conclusions based on how a team plays the Indiana Pacers. It's completely ill founded and illogical. But.......

If the Cavs aren't healthy regarding Z and Shaq and don't avoid foul trouble with them, the Magic are a dead lock to get back to the Finals. Roy Hibbert's got 18 tonight on something like 8-12 or 8-13. Basically...Cleveland can't stop him. If you can't stop Hibbert, you can't stop Howard. You don't stop Howard, we're talking about LeBron not shaking hands again in May.

yeah, I think I pointed that out a few weeks back.  Who was guarding Hibbert all game?  I'm thinking Hickson got pushed around all game while Verajao was shot over all game.  

I like how Rush was doing his best to guard Bron.  If they keep that core together, watch out in a few years. 

Message 104 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22392 posts

Mar 18, 2010

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:
yeah, I think I pointed that out a few weeks back.  Who was guarding Hibbert all game?  I'm thinking Hickson got pushed around all game while Verajao was shot over all game.  

I like how Rush was doing his best to guard Bron.  If they keep that core together, watch out in a few years. 

Hickson and Varejao got to guard him. A big hole without Shaq/Z. Fortunately for them, no one in the East has a true center outside of Orlando except Indiana and New Jersey. Though heck, Bogut could cause issues if they make it to the second round.

And Rush...yeah, he did tremendously on LeBron in the fourth quarter. When LeBron was pulling up for his "this has gone on long enough, here's the dagger" shot, Rush absolutely destroyed him defensively. I still think his overall game is way behind where it should be, but he's becoming a good defensive player, and that's gonna be worth keeping around even if Indiana happens to land Evan Turner.

Message 105 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Mar 18, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

i-__-1-_il__---_ wrote:

Hickson and Varejao got to guard him. A big hole without Shaq/Z. Fortunately for them, no one in the East has a true center outside of Orlando except Indiana and New Jersey. Though heck, Bogut could cause issues if they make it to the second round.

And Rush...yeah, he did tremendously on LeBron in the fourth quarter. When LeBron was pulling up for his "this has gone on long enough, here's the dagger" shot, Rush absolutely destroyed him defensively. I still think his overall game is way behind where it should be, but he's becoming a good defensive player, and that's gonna be worth keeping around even if Indiana happens to land Evan Turner.

that would have been run to watch, damn NBA for not televising that game!!!!!  The last celts\cavs game was the first time I ever saw bron lock anyone up and let alone Paul Pierce.  I would love to see teams playing like they used to.  As in playing hard every second they are on the court.  Rush looked like that last night and man is that fun to watch!  I'm keeping my eye on him and hibbert.

Message 106 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22392 posts

Mar 20, 2010

Take a step back and say, "What?" Box Score of the Night:

San Antonio, 147; Golden State, 116

Leave it up to the Spurs to score 150 goddamn points and still have their end of the box score look boring as hell.

Message 107 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10930 posts

Mar 20, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Take a step back and say, "What?" Box Score of the Night:

San Antonio, 147; Golden State, 116

Leave it up to the Spurs to score 150 goddamn points and still have their end of the box score look boring as hell.

i said WHAAATT?

then i loooked and saw they were playing golden state, which explained everything.

i've been watching a lot of ncaa, but tonight here's hoping the mavs can hold of boston. i'll have to switch back and forth between that and uk-wake

Message 108 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22392 posts

Mar 21, 2010

Had a great time at the Pacers/Thunder game today, even if Indiana decimated them (and they really shouldn't be doing that...), but I need some insight to anyone who watches the Thunder semi-consistently:

The Pacers took them out of the game early mentally by making big momentum changing plays on threes and dunks, and the Thunder just had no will to match it, and really started showing signs of frustration when Durant and Westbrook were shut down in the first half and the team just checked out of it. It makes me wonder exactly how resilient this team is. Because if this ease of frustration is any sign of this team as a whole, they're going to be an easy out if they match up with a savvy team that can beat them mentally.

Oh, and I was hoping for a good Granger/Durant battle, but to my dismay, Durant didn't even show up. Six points at the half, just 16 to finish with 5 turnovers, while Granger finished with 32 and 7 boards, and picked Durant's pockets more than once. 

Message 109 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Mar 22, 2010

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Had a great time at the Pacers/Thunder game today, even if Indiana decimated them (and they really shouldn't be doing that...), but I need some insight to anyone who watches the Thunder semi-consistently:

The Pacers took them out of the game early mentally by making big momentum changing plays on threes and dunks, and the Thunder just had no will to match it, and really started showing signs of frustration when Durant and Westbrook were shut down in the first half and the team just checked out of it. It makes me wonder exactly how resilient this team is. Because if this ease of frustration is any sign of this team as a whole, they're going to be an easy out if they match up with a savvy team that can beat them mentally.

Oh, and I was hoping for a good Granger/Durant battle, but to my dismay, Durant didn't even show up. Six points at the half, just 16 to finish with 5 turnovers, while Granger finished with 32 and 7 boards, and picked Durant's pockets more than once. 

They are a young team and just didn't show up to this game mentally, they probably thought it was gonna be a easy win.

Message 110 of 13,452 (318 Views)
0 Likes