VP of Gaming
31043 posts

Re: NBA General Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
^^^^ that would be a great draft for the Sixers but I don't see Wiggins not going #1, even if the Cavs selected Embiid #1, the Bucks would surly grab Wiggins at #2. Everything I hear from the local Cleveland sports media and people close to Gilbert, says the Cavs will be passing on Embiid because of his injuries. Randle could fall to #10 but I've seen him ranked as high as the 4th best player in the draft.

I'm guessing that Chad Ford is some kind of ESPN draft guru and maybe he sets his draft board according to the best players available but some of those selections seem odd to me. I understand that it's just a mock draft and it's meant to be "fun" but he should at least try to get it close to what could really happen. Maybe that's why I stopped watching ESPN years ago, it's all about making a story out of nothing and pushing their agenda with ESPN, rather than actually reporting sports.

Chad Ford is a credible NBA source and is someone whose opinion is way more credible than "local Cleveland sports media". The only person bigger than him is probably Adrian Wojnarowski. 

Also, let's be honest. Cleveland's ownership/management is among the most inept in sports. That's why they're still in the lottery 4 years after LeBron left. I doubt they have any idea what they're doing at this point. 

Message 9451 of 13,485 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21022 posts

Jun 18, 2014
That is an extremely odd article on LBJ.

On the all inept management team, where does Orlando rank next to cle?
Message 9452 of 13,485 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22454 posts

Jun 18, 2014

Not to mention every team is throwing up a smoke screen at this point regarding the draft. I wouldn't trust Cleveland saying Embiid is off their board. They're just trying to pretend they have leverage against Milwaukee or Philly as in "you want Parker/Wiggins? You're more than welcome to call our bluff and hope we take Embiid or you can save the trouble and trade for our pick."

Message 9453 of 13,485 (220 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31043 posts

Jun 18, 2014

Lacarious wrote:
That is an extremely odd article on LBJ.

On the all inept management team, where does Orlando rank next to cle?

I have New York, Brooklyn, Minnesota, Charlotte and Detroit ahead of Orlando. I guess Milwaukee automatically makes it for trying to make the playoffs and ending up with a worse record than a team actually trying to lose. New Orleans too for giving up a 2014 draft pick for Jrue Holliday. 

Orlando gets points for actually winning the Dwight Howard/Bynum trade

Message 9454 of 13,485 (216 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31043 posts

Jun 18, 2014

GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Not to mention every team is throwing up a smoke screen at this point regarding the draft. I wouldn't trust Cleveland saying Embiid is off their board. They're just trying to pretend they have leverage against Milwaukee or Philly as in "you want Parker/Wiggins? You're more than welcome to call our bluff and hope we take Embiid or you can save the trouble and trade for our pick."

Exactly. There's no way any team is taking Embiid off the board unless he loses a limb during a workout. Dude has crazy potential. Reports are that Sam Hinkie will anything in his power to get Wiggins and I can't help but laugh because he has been so quiet. No one really knows anything about him, even here in Philly. Who reported that Jrue Holliday was on the trading block? No one. Who reported the Sixers' interest in MCW and Nerlens Noel? No one. Sixers might be interested in getting the Number 1 pick, but they might actually want Embiid Smiley Very Happy

I'd like to see Wiggins in a Sixers jersey but I'd be happy with Embiid and ok with Parker/Exum. Embiid as a Sixer would be interesting to see, since Brett Brown was in SA during the Tim Duncan/David Robinson era. He could probably make Embiid/Noel work. 

Message 9455 of 13,485 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21022 posts

Jun 19, 2014

If LBJ wants an owner that will spend spend spend.... he should sign with Brooklyn..... i wonder what KG and PP would think about that...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/19/report-lebron-james-annoyed-with-micky-arison-not-...

Message 9456 of 13,485 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Jun 19, 2014
Embiid broke his foot...I wonder if he still goes in the top 3?
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 9457 of 13,485 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21022 posts

Jun 19, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
Embiid broke his foot...I wonder if he still goes in the top 3?

at least breaks are better than ligament tears.... who was it.. kmart and blake that had breaks before the draft?

Message 9458 of 13,485 (183 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31043 posts

Jun 19, 2014

Fractures heal. Someone would still take him. 

Message 9459 of 13,485 (180 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31043 posts

Jun 19, 2014

Lacarious wrote:

If LBJ wants an owner that will spend spend spend.... he should sign with Brooklyn..... i wonder what KG and PP would think about that...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/19/report-lebron-james-annoyed-with-micky-arison-not-...

Brooklyn doen't even have any money though Smiley Very Happy 

He should stay in Miami. Would anyone in their right mind leave South Beach for Cleveland? Houston? Chicago? 

Message 9460 of 13,485 (180 Views)
0 Likes