Apr 21 2014
By: Fletcherrenn08 Fender Bender 2808 posts

Need advice on life (Please, kind people)

17 replies 217 views Edited Apr 21, 2014
Hi, so I live in New Zealand. And in a really small town in new Zealand. I can't find a job, I have literally applied for all of the advertised ones I am capable for. I've applied online and in person. I can't afford to move town and try there, I can't afford to study and I don't want a student loan with no way to pay it back.
Nowhere will give me a chance and I'm fed up with it. The only way I can live is because my parents are gracious enough to let me still live at home. And on top of that all my so called friends have started to ignore me. I don't know what to do. I feel so useless and stupid and feel like I would be better off dead. Please don't think I want pity, I want serious answers on what I should do as I'm lost . . . Thanks.
Message 1 of 18 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3260 posts

Re: Need advice on life (Please, kind people)

Apr 21, 2014

Never give up, if there is a job out there you want or one you think you can do then keep trying. Im not sure what your lifestyle really is but your main focus should be yourself...killing yourself is not a option, its just a weak way out, in life you have to be patient so if friends are ignoring you find out why or maybe move on and dont let negativity bring you down..stay positive and good things will happen. 

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 2 of 18 (211 Views)
Fender Bender
2808 posts

Apr 21, 2014
@Zeelot I know your right about that, but what am I supposed to do when all the jobs I can apply for don't want me?. Its a small town so most jobs go quick. But thank you for replying and trying to help, ill take your comment into consideration.
Message 3 of 18 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Apr 21, 2014

Are there any other towns that are nearby that might have jobs? It might be a farther travel, you may have to take some sort of public transport to work, but it would be worth it to make some money. Also, if you think you're friends are ignoring you, why don't you talk to them about it? Ask them what's going on. Do not think of killing yourself. If you keep that option completely out of your mind, then you won't have the thought in the back of your head and maybe you can move on. But just remember to be patient as positive because that is really what is needed in life. I wish you the best of luck with your friends and finding a job! Smiley Happy

Free userbars
Message 4 of 18 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Apr 21, 2014

Do you consider yourself creative? It's possible to get a job at some video game company as I've heard there are some kick-starting programs for video games that are hiring. Try looking for those

young beard signature
Message 5 of 18 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 21, 2014

Hello, I hope that you feel better soon. Don't feel that you are useless. Each one of us has a purpose in this world and you certainly have yours. It could be that you have not yet found it. As for work, have you tried odesk, elance or freelancer? These sites have a lot of job listings that you can apply to. What are your hobbies? Perhaps you can find something around your hobby and turn it into business. Don't feel so bad because you will be inviting the negative energy in.

Message 6 of 18 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2078 posts

Apr 21, 2014

I know you said you are lost but do you have even the slightest idea of what you want from life? For example a dream of yours something that you are passionate about that could get you somewhere.

Please don't call it quits I know it's hard.

The List.
#PSASBR2

You're not stupid it's the stupid things you do.
Message 7 of 18 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

Apr 21, 2014

Fletcherrenn08 wrote:
Hi, so I live in New Zealand. And in a really small town in new Zealand. I can't find a job, I have literally applied for all of the advertised ones I am capable for. I've applied online and in person. I can't afford to move town and try there, I can't afford to study and I don't want a student loan with no way to pay it back.
Nowhere will give me a chance and I'm fed up with it. The only way I can live is because my parents are gracious enough to let me still live at home. And on top of that all my so called friends have started to ignore me. I don't know what to do. I feel so useless and stupid and feel like I would be better off dead. Please don't think I want pity, I want serious answers on what I should do as I'm lost . . . Thanks.

Are there any jobs that are within traveling distance, even jobs you might think you'd hate?   Try doing a job you might not want to, just to start working.  Then use that job as "experience" to help you get a better one.

Message 8 of 18 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Apr 21, 2014

as many have stated, don't give up! keep applying for jobs. hopefully your parents will remain reasonable and understand the job market sucks. and that's another big factor - jobs you look for, make sure they're actually hiring for expansion and they're not just cleaning up their own mess. it boils down to two words: job security.

i'm sorry to hear about your friends, but it doesn't sound like they were very good friends anyway if they won't stick it out with you. just keep applying for jobs and making sure you're presentable. if you get hired for nightshift stocking or something, it's usally okay to start looking like a homeless person after you start working the nights.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 9 of 18 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Apr 21, 2014

There must be some job looking for an inexperienced worker. Whether that is McDonalds trying to find someone to work at 1am or some overnight stocking job at a grocery store or big box store like Walmart. They have high turnover and you should be able to find some sort of job. Have open availability if possible. That is important to most of those corporations when hiring. They look at you like a unit and limited availabilty puts you further down the list (if you have school, which you may want to look at in the future when you have a part time job, you may need to stick to limited availabilty)

My idea for you is to find one of these lower paying jobs with poorly placed hours and just start working. Get some slight income and, as a sign of good faith, give your parents a cut of that as rent. This is good experience and many companies, after awhile working and becoming permanent, will allow you to get better hours (if management likes you, they tend to give you the primetime shifts as well)

And, as you work, keep looking for better jobs. You just need to start working in any possible way. Hell, there could be a glaring problem that is keeping you from being hired. Perhaps your resume is not well made or has omissions? Or maybe you do not interview too well and should look up some tips. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 10 of 18 (136 Views)
0 Likes