Mar 19 2014
By: mike_21_-- First Son 1 posts

Nerve Gear to become real?

20 replies 14565 views Edited Mar 19, 2014

hey guys,have you watched S.A.O (Sword Art Online)? if yes then you probably know what i'm talking about.if no then i'll introduce it to you...Sword Art Online is an online MMORPG virtual reality game where players are able to explore its world,fight with bosses alone or with groups & trying to survive stage by stage untill the final one.if they die in-game they die in real.Players will be able to go into virtual reality by wearing a helmet called Nerve Gear which pattern is to "read the brain with micro-waves & let them move themselves in-game but not in real.Scientists are trying to find how to brain works & how a helmet would be possible to do that.There are also a lot of people who support the whole idea.I recommend checking that anime out & please share your thoughts about what do you think if that helmet existed in real life. :smileyhappy: EDIT* Some claim that it will be existed in 10+ years

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/10mpys9.jpg[/IMG] Eat-Sleep-Game-Repeat = EPIC
Message 1 of 21 (14,565 Views)
MVP Support
6302 posts

Re: Nerve Gear to become real?

Mar 19, 2014

The anime is only tolerable for the first 15 episodes. Goes downhill from there imo.

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 2 of 21 (14,562 Views)
Welcoming Committee
1617 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

The anime is only tolerable for the first 15 episodes. Goes downhill from there imo.

I respectfully disagree, but "to each his own" right? haha.

As for the Nerve Gear, I hope this is something that exists in my life time. I do not think this will exist in 10 years, but I do think it will be invented within the next 20-30.

Message 3 of 21 (14,557 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15957 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Sounds a lot like dot.Hack

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 4 of 21 (14,550 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 9, 2014
I want to be a tester if it does become realitity my name is kyle I love the everthing about video games I'm 21 Id be honored if I ever get the chance
Message 5 of 21 (14,486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2014

i read in a forum that it has been doing a game equal to the anime (at least some stages), and they were doing the game to use the nerve gear that sony was building but the game would only be on beta around 2015-2018. same as the nerve gear release date. i will provide the link so u can see. 

http://www.indiedb.com/games/sword-art-online                                      (main page)

http://www.indiedb.com/games/sword-art-online/features/faq13          (this is the main questions that people do)

i got really excited about this so i say that u should at least watch it

Message 6 of 21 (14,240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 9, 2014
it is possible for the nerve gear to work and for it to exist if sony or which ever company made a gaming headset and the people that made the head set that lets you move virtual objects with your mind they can creat the nerve gear
Message 7 of 21 (13,977 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 16, 2014

uma Tecnologia do NeverGear Bastante Interessante, Bem eu fà Como fazer Espada Art Online (SAO) Espero aciosamente POR ESSE Avanço tecnologico e ... Posso AFIRMAR Ser hum dos rimeiros a adquiri-lo, e Pelo Que li uma corporação sony ESTA tentando Descobrir hum Modo de Fazer com Que o Capacete capite como inforações fazer cerebro e como trasmita Para O Jogo, Bem Penso eu Que se havesse OU desemvolvesse hum modo de o Capacete capitar OU MESMO comeu interceptar OS inpulsos Nervosos Que o cerebro transmite AO Corpo e Transforma-lo los hum inpulso eletrico parágrafo ativar Certa Parte conseguiria fazer CAPACETE, Por Exemplo o inpulso Que o cerebro transmite AO Braço parágrafo Que o Braço levante o NeverGear interceptaria ESSE Comando e faria com that ELE ativasse UMA Parte do Capacete Que faria Seu avatar não Jogo mover o Braço, A Parte Que fazer cerebro manda Nossa perna flexionar como Pernas consequentemente ativaria outra Parte tão Capacete Fazendo com Que o avatar se flexionasse. BOM Acho Que A Parte dificil Seria Fazer com Que o Capacete fizesse ISSO. bom Espero ter Sido util. 

Message 8 of 21 (8,062 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1936 posts

Sep 16, 2014

"The NerveGear's high density microwave transceivers."

um...lots of test subjects dying from radiation poisoning...?

Never gonna happen... :smileyindifferent:

Message 9 of 21 (8,059 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Sep 16, 2014

Watch the movie Surrogates with Bruce Willis. It isn't the exact same idea but it is similar and the events in that movie would certainly take place.

Message 10 of 21 (8,049 Views)