Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2013
By: JonathanCarabalo Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Nintendo Direct's latest announcements

13 replies 180 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

They've made several announcements.  Including the release of Zelda: Wind Waker HD on Wii U, a new realistic Zelda game coming out (but nowhere near completion), and a new realistic Mario game in production. 

Too little too late.  They had to have had those ready at launch - by then Playstation 4 will be out, and no one will care about Wii U.  Playstation 4 already has the entire video game development industry at work making games - 10 months before launch.  Going back 1 year before launch - to November 2012.  That's due to good planning.  Confirmed developers include Remedy, and probably Quantic Dream.  There's no innvoation - Nintendo is simply making boring remakes.  Another Zelda like The Twilight Princess - and a Wind Waker (whatever that means) HD port.

Message 1 of 14 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Nintendo Direct's latest announcements

Jan 25, 2013
You have no idea what is in development for the PS4, or who is involved, nothing has been announced.

It is too early to bet against Nintendo, while I agree that the launch lineup was weak the Wii U did sell a decent amount. Good original games take time to make; and that will probably be true for the PS4 as well...
Message 2 of 14 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Hey logical how to become MVP ? Is a type of community for helping people ?

Message 3 of 14 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 25, 2013

The Mods select who gets to be an MVP, I believe it has to do with how helpful one is to the community...

Message 4 of 14 (168 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Nintendo announced a bunch of new Wii U titles:

A party game
Mario Kart for Wii U
3D Mario for Wii U
Smash Bros. for Wii U
Yoshi's Island - 2D platformer
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Fire Emblem
Zelda for Wii U
Wind Waker HD
Xenoblade-like Monolith Game

The last one is interesting.  They seem to use CG backgrounds - i.e. a rendered, animated image.  This is not just your average Wii game - it is more advanced. 

Too little too late though - Wii U's been out for 67 days in North America.  And without 3rd party support, which it hardly has, the console will not succeed.  Thus - Wii and Wii U combined are selling about equal to Xbox 360, and less then Playstation 3, even though it launched 67 days ago, and there's plenty of inventory. 

Message 5 of 14 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 25, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Nintendo announced a bunch of new Wii U titles:

A party game
Mario Kart for Wii U
3D Mario for Wii U
Smash Bros. for Wii U
Yoshi's Island - 2D platformer
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Fire Emblem
Zelda for Wii U
Wind Waker HD
Xenoblade-like Monolith Game

The last one is interesting.  They seem to use CG backgrounds - i.e. a rendered, animated image.  This is not just your average Wii game - it is more advanced. 

Too little too late though - Wii U's been out for 67 days in North America.  And without 3rd party support, which it hardly has, the console will not succeed.  Thus - Wii and Wii U combined are selling about equal to Xbox 360, and less then Playstation 3, even though it launched 67 days ago, and there's plenty of inventory. 

Where are you getting this from? The Wii U is getting support by all the major 3rd parties. It is certainly getting better 3rd pary support than the Vita is...

Message 6 of 14 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2796 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Message 7 of 14 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5985 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

(Edit Redo)

Got a big carried away.

WiiU looks to be in ok shape.

Not sure how the PS4 launch will go, esepcially with strong possiblited of no BC with PS3 Games.

WiiU seems to have good 3rd party support.

Time Will Tell, seem like the same arugment against the Wii... and look how well it did. 

I'm personally syched with the Xenoblade-like Monolith Game, if I didn't own a WiiU already, I would buy it just for it. 

Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Message 8 of 14 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jan 25, 2013
I don't have a Wii U yet, but with the slew of games coming out, I will be an owner soon.

I didn't buy the Vita right away, but I am now an owner from buying the AC Liberation bundle on black friday.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 9 of 14 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I wish that somebody could explain to me why this Nintendo Direct presentation was such a big deal.  I watched it, twice in fact, and aside from thinking that it may just be better if Nintendo got a native English speaker to do an English presentation, I didn't get anything out of it.  Yet the gaming press is making it out like this is the second coming of Nintendo and this one announcement has secured the Wii U as a successful platform for the future.  But what was really announced?

They announced that they were making a MarioKart U game.  Was anyone in doubt that they weren't making one?  They've developed a Mario karting game for every platform they've had since the Super Nintendo.  The same goes with a 3D Mario game.  That really shouldn't come as a surprise.  A new Zelda game for the Wii U also seemed like a sure thing since, again, they make a Zelda game for nearly every platform they've ever had.  The Wii got two Zelda games.  A Super Smash Bros. game is also something that everyone should have seen coming.  And despite them announcing these games, they didn't show off anything or give specifics of when this new content would be out.  What they did show was the HD remake of a Game Cube Zelda game that won't be out until the fall.  The last time I looked at my calendar, the fall is a really long ways away.  If rumors are to be believed, both Sony and Microsoft will have new consoles with a bunch of new games being released and the best that Nintendo can do is an HD remake of a game from two generations ago?? 

So what am I missing?  Or am I just so fully tuned with the Playstation brand that I can't see the significance of this announcement.  It's not like I hate Nintendo or anything.  I own a Wii and enjoyed it for awhile, but it just comes to a point where I got tired of playing the same Mario game or Zelda game over and over with slight improvements.   

Message 10 of 14 (96 Views)
0 Likes