Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34135 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Mar 30, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

 

I can't help but think about the Apple Bandai Pippin when I hear news like this. PiPP!N!


 

Yay the PiPP!N is coming back Smiley Tongue


C_Pippin_01.jpg


Message 11 of 21 (111 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Mar 30, 2013

Who are we to say Apple would fail? I remember when Nintendo and Sega were at the top of the console market, and people shook their heads at SONY making a console. Then again when MICROSOFT announced one.

 

Now, they both are 2 of the 3 serious players in the console wars.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 12 of 21 (106 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Mar 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Who are we to say Apple would fail? I remember when Nintendo and Sega were at the top of the console market, and people shook their heads at SONY making a console. Then again when MICROSOFT announced one.

 

Now, they both are 2 of the 3 serious players in the console wars.


for one thing nobody is going to pay 1000 bucks for a console thats does no better than a 300 dollar one....

 

just like when that pippin was out back in like 97 give or take that thing was like 600 bucks..typical Apple..FAIL

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 13 of 21 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

kythunder wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Who are we to say Apple would fail? I remember when Nintendo and Sega were at the top of the console market, and people shook their heads at SONY making a console. Then again when MICROSOFT announced one.

 

Now, they both are 2 of the 3 serious players in the console wars.


for one thing nobody is going to pay 1000 bucks for a console thats does no better than a 300 dollar one....

 

just like when that pippin was out back in like 97 give or take that thing was like 600 bucks..typical Apple..FAIL


Where in the article does it mention it would be $1000?

And there are people who pay $500 for a phone... a PHONE! Smiley Frustrated

 

If done right, Apple could be a serious competitor in the console market. Of course, the Apple fans would be the first to buy it. And if it began to build a great catalog of first and third party games, it could get the attention of others.

The rumor is just over a controller for their devices, to better gaming. No mention of it actually being a console.

 

Note: I am not what you would call an Apple fan. I do not even own an iPhone.

 

 

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 14 of 21 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Mar 30, 2013

i know it don't say it would cost that i was just speculating because the WAY overprice every single thing they ever sell so i dont see why a console would be any different lol...but yeah like you said this is just a controller anyways and will probably be like 150 bucks for a standard cheap **bleep** controller..HA

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 15 of 21 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Mar 31, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Who are we to say Apple would fail? I remember when Nintendo and Sega were at the top of the console market, and people shook their heads at SONY making a console. Then again when MICROSOFT announced one.

 

Now, they both are 2 of the 3 serious players in the console wars.


Sony is a Japanese company, I dont see many consoles that theirs companys are outside of Japan, and Sony didnt meant to enter the console war, just coincident.

And, the original xbox was a huge failure, but MS is too big to stand out of the war, so they tried once more time with 360, and get some success, but it's still falling behind.

 

Message 16 of 21 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42126 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Mar 31, 2013
My question is would the industry be able to handle a 4th/5th contender? We already have PlayStation, NIntendo and Xbox and if you want to include the other platform, PC. Some people already have to make decisions on what they want to invest in cause juggling 3-4 already is a bit much, especially if you want to get your hands in every pool of exclusives. Adding Apple into the mix is going to be weird/interesting depending on if they can get people invested in their ecosystems to jump into a dedicated gaming console/multimedia box with a heavy gaming focus but I don't see those already invested in the other 3-4 having much interest unless Apple really moneyhats for some established franchises or can bring their own heavy hitters to the party.

Just...meh. I'm fine with competition but I don't think we need another contender in the mix when the industry is currently multiplatforming everything and Apple would just become a "Why?" in that case when you have 3-4 others to choose from to get the same titles and exclusives you know/enjoy and I don't think we need 4 person in the room moneyhatting exclusives/DLC/what have you.

Message 17 of 21 (68 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/26/2007
Offline
7871 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Mar 31, 2013

I don't know why people complain and get upset at the idea of Apple entering the gaming world. If you don't like the Apple gaming platform then don't buy one. Simple as that. Then you get to stand back and enjoy the other benefits of the added competition. Seriously, everyone of us wins, even if you don't like Apple and their products. Why? Because competition between companies is what drives products to be produced, serviced, and maintained at higher quality with cheaper prices. This means that even if you don't like the product you can receive benefits from the product's existence by receiving better products and services from the company that you do like.

Message 18 of 21 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34135 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Apr 1, 2013
Message 19 of 21 (30 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Offline
13577 posts
 

Re: No Apple, just.....no.

Apr 1, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

I don't know why people complain and get upset at the idea of Apple entering the gaming world. If you don't like the Apple gaming platform then don't buy one. Simple as that. Then you get to stand back and enjoy the other benefits of the added competition. Seriously, everyone of us wins, even if you don't like Apple and their products. Why? Because competition between companies is what drives products to be produced, serviced, and maintained at higher quality with cheaper prices. This means that even if you don't like the product you can receive benefits from the product's existence by receiving better products and services from the company that you do like.


I'm not really "complaining".

 

More like "I see it as a very stupid move by Apple".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 21 (25 Views)
Reply
0 Likes