Highlighted
Wastelander
809 posts

Re: Nothing will happen in 2012

Jan 4, 2011

PlaybackGirl wrote:

Lots of things will happen in 2012

Yep, like me getting my Associate's Degree and my 20th birthday. lol.

Message 11 of 32 (16 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Just as an aside - and I'm not saying this to merely wind folks up, because everyone has a right to their own opinion.  But the doomsday in 2012 is also based on the idea of precession, a theory that insists that earth's magnetic pole switches orientation.  And this of course, could be the cause of past upheavals in geologic history.  Apparently there does't have to be a warning before it happens... not that a warning would help.

Why that is suppose to happen in 2012, not sure...  

Just my two cents.  

Message 12 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jan 4, 2011

In case you didn't already know, which most of you seem like you don't, the timeline made by the Mayan calender has already reached it's end, which is 26/12/2012, and this was a few years ago.

We follow a different calender system and it is NOT parrallel to the Mayan's calender.

So since supposedly the world was gonna end, according to the Mayan calender (no real theory or proof support this in the first place as the calender just abrubtly stops, no sticky notes were made next to it indicating the end of the world, it is 100% speculation and over-active imagination) and the Mayan calender in actuality has reached it's end, where's your doomsday now?

Why are people then looking at the 2012 in our calender? Makes no sense.

2012 for me will be an epic year, so while half of you cower in fear and paranoia, I shall be having the time of my life.

Photobucket

Message 13 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5263 posts

Jan 4, 2011

spazofthedead wrote:

alex_the_awesome wrote:

Not to be rude or anything, but I laugh at the people who say 2012 is a bunch of crap and then say they are Christians. Just seems kinda silly to me.

Christian =/= Mayan. Just sayin'.

OT, no, I don't think anything's going to happen. But one of my friends always jokes that the world might just end in 2012, if only because that's the date the highway bypass in her town will finally be done (it's been in the works for over a decade, so obviously if they finish in 2012 it's the apocalypse).

2012 doomsday= Made up shit.

God=Made up shit.

Boy am I gonna get yelled at for this one.

*flame suit ready*

Message 14 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Jan 4, 2011

alex_the_awesome wrote:

spazofthedead wrote:

alex_the_awesome wrote:

Not to be rude or anything, but I laugh at the people who say 2012 is a bunch of crap and then say they are Christians. Just seems kinda silly to me.

OT, no, I don't think anything's going to happen. But one of my friends always jokes that the world might just end in 2012, if only because that's the date the highway bypass in her town will finally be done (it's been in the works for over a decade, so obviously if they finish in 2012 it's the apocalypse).

2012 doomsday= Made up ****.

God=Made up ****.

****** suit ready*

Why didn't ya just say both require absolute faith? so it's hypocritcal to condem one, but submit to the other. You're second post (the one I quoted) is definitely a little rude.

Message 15 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5263 posts

Jan 4, 2011

ChronoJoe wrote:

alex_the_awesome wrote:

spazofthedead wrote:

alex_the_awesome wrote:

2012 doomsday= Made up ****.

God=Made up ****.

****** suit ready*

Why didn't ya just say both require absolute faith? so it's hypocritcal to condem one, but submit to the other. You're second post (the one I quoted) is definitely a little rude.

I suppose, sorry. Not my intention to be mean. It's just, I hear people that say 2012 is a bunch of crap, and then say they're Christian. So talking snakes and people living to be 500 years old obviously is reality, then? But the world ending in 2012 isn't? I just don't understand. . .

Message 16 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 4, 2011

I Predict that in 2012....

lots of people will realise that nothing will happen..

Message 17 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Here is a very interesting look into our own technolagy. This is what you should be scared of, completely autonomous, and here now. This is the future of our civilization, computers that learn and don't need people, The Matrix and Terminator may have been movies but the theories involved in them are very real and very possible. Just saying if you need fear, fear what is here not what is coming. Sorry it pasted twice.

" _mce_href="http://" mce_href='http://'>http://<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/geqip_0Vjec?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/geqip_0Vjec?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Message 18 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 4, 2011

computers that learn and don't need people?

oh noooo we're all gonna dieeeeee!

LMAO!

Message 19 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Jan 4, 2011

exactly

Message 20 of 32 (16 Views)
0 Likes