Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: PAX EAST 2013

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Nice pics! I'd love to go to a PAX sometime. I'd have a place to stay (if I went to Pax Prime) just need the money to get there.Smiley Tongue

Blueobelisk wrote:
Who did you get to take the pictures of you all those times?

From my experience, people at conventions are pretty cool. If you don't have a friend by your side to take a pic at the time, just ask a stranger near by. Usually they'll be more then glad to do it for you.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 25 (109 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Mar 26, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Nice pics! I'd love to go to a PAX sometime. I'd have a place to stay (if I went to Pax Prime) just need the money to get there.Smiley Tongue  

Blueobelisk wrote:

From my experience, people at conventions are pretty cool. If you don't have a friend by your side to take a pic at the time, just ask stranger near by. Usually they'll be more then glad to do it for you. 

This is true for many of the folks work there, too.  If trust is an issue, you can usually ask people working the booth to lend a hand (assuming they're not busy).  But HorrorGod is right.  People at PAX (and conventions in general) are super friendly when it comes to things like this.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 12 of 25 (108 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Mar 26, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Blueobelisk wrote:

From my experience, people at conventions are pretty cool. If you don't have a friend by your side to take a pic at the time, just ask a stranger near by. Usually they'll be more then glad to do it for you.

true.

at E3 2011 i was asked like 15 different times if i could take a picture for someone, it was no problem. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 25 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Were you hunting down the devs for pics? Just kidding. It looks like you had fun, thanks for sharing.
Message 14 of 25 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
228 posts

Mar 26, 2013

TheJLC wrote:
Were you hunting down the devs for pics? Just kidding. It looks like you had fun, thanks for sharing.

You kidding? He told them he was a Play Station MVP and they went over to take pictures with him.

Frankenstein

Message 15 of 25 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Nice photos! I didn't get to meet any developers or anything, but they did have a jousting arena set up on the Expo floor. I'm the bloke on the right.

Message 16 of 25 (69 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

Re: PAS EAST 2013

Mar 28, 2013

Osteopath wrote:

how do you get to go there? Better yet, how do you get to meet the rock stars of the gaming industry?

I'm NO_FEAR I have had a long active involvement with developers and the community of gamers.  My open nature and willingness to help solve problems, implement best practices has built a report with many.

I am a very privileged guest in the game development community.  I have been doing beta and play tests for many years and providing feedback and commentary to the developers.  I not only offer criticisms but what I would prefer or what I would value more as a feature or mechanic in the game.  Just as I did with Naughty Dog after the demo we chatted about the controllers and dynamics of the camera and the feedback I received was very good. so they were happy enough to sign my poster on the way out.

Message 17 of 25 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Blueobelisk wrote:

Pretty much anyone.  Gamers and people are all wicked nice, everyone helps everyone.  It makes PAX awsome.  For Dean his assitiant took the pic of me and Dean and Ted Price.  Ted actually jumped up from siting on the floor waiting for his panel because he recognised my handle from the forums and Resistance betas snd the three of us were chatting which was pretty sureal.  For the naughty dog pic an Associate Producer for Sony took the pic.  I will ask any random on the floor...no one ever says no.

"why would you ask randoms" you say  I'm NO_FEAR  

Message 18 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Blueobelisk wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

You kidding? He told them he was a Play Station MVP and they went over to take pictures with him.

Playstation booth was a must stalker point,  I beta tested for first Uncharted Multiplayer and Resistance and a whole bunch more (all the SOCOM) with the host of the booth. When I tell them my game handle they recognise me from the beta forums and those who play recognise me.  Dean Hall called me out because of the shirt and yes that was planned because I was wearing it to his panel so when he was walking the hallway he approached me, first time we met and talked outside of twitter and the forums.  I should be getting an alpha build of DAYZ somtime in june.

Message 19 of 25 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Dr_McNoob wrote:

Nice photos! I didn't get to meet any developers or anything, but they did have a jousting arena set up on the Expo floor. I'm the bloke on the right.

Ya that's where HHG found me, we first met at the Sony move event in Boston during the first Pax East, He recognised me and asked me to ware his belt for some recent issues caused by others that I had his back on.  He is a wicked nice guy and passionate about what he does and what he wants.

Message 20 of 25 (46 Views)
0 Likes