Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: PS4: Sony Will Let Microsoft Make First Move

Jan 23, 2013

"Last week was a speculation rich week for the PlayStation 4, with reports that Sony will retire the DualShock controller."

What does that mean?Does that mean they're going to redesign the controller or something?If so I'm not at all happy about hearing that.

Message 11 of 14 (95 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4413 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
But in another sense, I always was in favor of the Xbox until a few years ago. I feel that true console loyalists are a vast minority. I feel more people are loyal to game developers and certain kinds of games than they are actual console brands. From Rare to Bioware to Bizarre Creations to Bungie. Gamers in general are not going to stick with a certain console when their exclusive catalog consists of Dance & Fitness games. Lets br honest. If that was Sonys future. Would you really be buying a PS4?

In that scenario, no.  I ran with Atari until 1989.  Then I ran with Nintendo until the end of the 64, but had already started in with PS1 in 1994.

Nintendo failed, in my opinion, to continue to bring games to their consoles that I could enjoy.  I go sick of playing countless versions of Mario and Zelda.  Nintendo's games have become too childish for me.  That is my view, and should not be taken as a label for all their games.

So if Sony was to announce; a totally Move based system with the Biggest Loser Home Game as their marquee game series for the future, then I will probably be buying a Microsoft System next.  Will Sony actually go in that direction?  I would be willing to bet money on the answer being NO.

As far as game developers, I could care less who is developing the game, so long as it is good.  I don't follow certain Developing Houses.  If a new game is coming out, I read reviews.  I play a demo if I can, and then I buy it.  

I am not into programming and could care less what type of work went into the engine.  I use the games.  I am selfish in that way.  I use them and play them.  I order them up and I play them.  How was this made?  I don't care, I just want to play it.  Make me MORE!  That is how I view Developers.  

The better developers will excel, if they make a good product.  They make games for almost all platforms, but it is those games made for only one platform that most often make or break a system.

I have been, and continue to be interested more in the Sony "only" games, as opposed to the XBox "only", or even Nintendo "only" games.  So in this respect; I get the developer angle, but in this case it is the PlayStation, that carries the games I like.

Some people like Halo, so they have stuck with XBox, or if they can afford it, they have both.  Heck, some people have enough cash to throw at every system.  I can't do that, so I pick and stick with the system that suits MY needs best, Sony.

I can't help it if this does not fit the "definition" of a "HARDCORE GAMER".  I guess that is not me.  I used to play all day and night, but eventually life has caught up to me, and my days are now filled with work and responsibilities.  I do not have the time to invest in reading up on NEw and Big Developing Houses.  

Like I said; when I can, I play the games.  I buy the ones I like, and I play them on the system I like.  When the next Gen systems come out, I will be following "blindly" into Sony.  It is what I know, it is comfortable for me, it is my decision.  I am not 100%, but fairly certain there are others out there like me. I cannot be completely alone on this.  So no, maybe I am not in a Majority, but I cannot buy that I am in the "vast minority".

Moble

Message 12 of 14 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4413 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

GameGal123 wrote:

"Last week was a speculation rich week for the PlayStation 4, with reports that Sony will retire the DualShock controller."

What does that mean?Does that mean they're going to redesign the controller or something?If so I'm not at all happy about hearing that.

The video I saw; said they were contemplating adding a touch screen, whether it be an attachment or part of it.  It did not look like the general shape was going to change though.  Which was one of my concerns.

Additionally, there was also mention of a Dual Shock Shaped controller that would split in the middle to become two parts.  This was it would be already integrated for Move.  If I find the link, I will post it.

Of course, it is all preliminary right now.  I have noticed in the past; for better or for worse, when promising innovation, Sony has always stayed with what has worked in the past.  Of course, I don't work for SOny, so I would not know for sure.

ADDED!  Oh yeah, it was at the begining of the thread HERE.

Moble

Message 13 of 14 (81 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 24, 2013

You have a point :smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 14 (56 Views)
0 Likes