Jun 29 2014
By: Box9Missingo MVP Support 13601 posts

Pokémon Game Nights

[ Edited ]
61 replies 378 views Edited Jul 25, 2014

*place for sign -- will be making this when I can*

Me and some of the other members, via the Pokémon X and Y thread have talked and we're pretty much set on having it be on Saturdays. Thought it was the perfect time for it, since the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire will be coming out this November Smiley Happy.

This thread is still very much a work in progress, so pardon the dust. 

Also, any kind of trolling or spamming in this thread will not be tolerated. If you don't like Pokémon, then don't post in here. Simple as that. This is the place for fans of the games to talk about battling and set up battles.

Guidelines

* No rares, ubers or events. That means any Pokémon like Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Meloetta, Celebi, Heatran, etc. are not permitted. We want to keep the playing field as fair and as level as possible.

* No recovery items allowed (meaning HP recovery ones, such as potions, Leftovers, etc.). The only form of recovery that is permitted will be if it is in the form of a move on said Pokémon. Put this rule in due to people's internet speeds may differ and lag might occur. We don't want a battle to take all night. Only exception: One Pokémon per team can hold one berry (an HP related one) on it. 

* Mega-Stone use is NOT allowed.

* You can use items to recover from sleep, paralysis, freezing or poisoning. Same goes with any move that helps in that regard. We don't want battles to go on all night due to these kinds of moves being used. <-- rule suggested by ossiecastro5

Might be adding these, straight from Smogon, if things get too out of hand:

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from play.

Thus:

A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.

A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.

A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

This will be implemented from the start:

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

For everyone's sanity, we're keeping things limited to one Pokémon that knows a sleeping type move.

From Smogon:

Banned Pokémon

Arceus

Blaziken

Darkrai

Deoxys

Deoxys-A

Dialga

Genesect

Giratina

Giratina-O

Groudon

Ho-Oh

Kyogre

Kyurem-W

Lugia

Mewtwo

Palkia

Rayquaza

Reshiram

Shaymin-S

Xerneas

Yveltal

Zekrom

Banned Items

Gengarite

Kangaskhanite

Lucarionite

Banned Pokémon

Pokemon in the Uber and OU tiers by usage

Crawdaunt

Diggersby

Gothitelle

Klefki

Hawlucha

Haxorus

Magnezone

Scolipede

Staraptor

Thundurus-T

Tornadus-T

Weavile

Wobbuffet

Zygarde

Banned Items

Gardevoirite

Heracronite

Medichamite

Banned Abilities

Drizzle

Drought

Banned Moves

Swagger

Banned Pokémon

Pokemon in the Uber, OU, and UU tiers by usage

Azelf

Kyurem

Sableye

Participants

bjizzle121: Friend Code : 4339-2597-4649 ;Toro Inoue; Friday and Saturday, starting at 5PM CST and 3PM CST (6pm to 8pm EST)

Box9Missingo: Friend Code: 0318-7078-4221; Dana; Friday and Saturday, 7-10PM EST (sometimes earlier, depending on how busy I am)

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 1 of 62 (378 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Pokémon Game Nights

Jun 29, 2014
POKEEMAN

LOL
Message 2 of 62 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Ugh, you banned all the fun Pokemon. What is this season one of the original show? Smiley Tongue

Anytime I play these games, I use the legendaries... oh well.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 62 (353 Views)
MVP Support
13601 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

Ugh, you banned all the fun Pokemon. What is this season one of the original show? Smiley Tongue

Anytime I play these games, I use the legendaries... oh well.

XD Setz, I could battle you with the legends sometime Smiley Tongue.

Besides, I was just making it so people who just battle for fun have a little more of a level playing field.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 4 of 62 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 29, 2014
Lol, I'm just complaining for the sake of it. I don't even have any of the games with online capabilities.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 62 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6928 posts

Jun 29, 2014

If only I had me some Pokemanswers X or Y but sadly I only have a DS Lite. It sucks that all online features are removed from the console.

Message 6 of 62 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Juan1992 wrote:

If only I had me some Pokemanswers X or Y but sadly I only have a DS Lite. It sucks that all online features are removed from the console.

XL 4 lyfe....tough I'll probably never get one. All extra funds are put into my computer budget.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6928 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

XL 4 lyfe....tough I'll probably never get one. All extra funds are put into my computer budget.

I got the Lite from my friend since he wanted my 2 new Wii games I had. Does the XL play Gameboy Advance games?

Message 8 of 62 (333 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13601 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:
Lol, I'm just complaining for the sake of it. I don't even have any of the games with online capabilities.

Ah. Dang. Get an XL sometime when it's on sale. There are some good games out for it.

smdedspace2.png

Message 9 of 62 (330 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13601 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Juan1992 wrote:

There are the older games. Yea it sucks, it was due to the company who ran the servers going out of business Smiley Sad. I'll miss them. Try getting an 3ds sometime. The newer games are pretty good.

smdedspace2.png

Message 10 of 62 (326 Views)
0 Likes