Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2013
Offline
3578 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

RatchetH22 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

LUCKY DUCK.

 

Or maybe a shiny Sylveon? 

I get Y on Friday or Sunday and that just depends on the quality of my paycheck. Along with meh 2DS


Alas no Sylveon. The Eevee evolved at Lv 7. xD 

 

Pic isnt good, but here he is. 

picture025.jpg


I haz feelz you used lots of calciums, irons, hp ups, and whatnot to get the Eevee to evolve at level 7.

Message 91 of 1,971 (377 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

I want to hear opinions on the difficulty. Is it TOO easy?


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 92 of 1,971 (371 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

I want to hear opinions on the difficulty. Is it TOO easy?


Aren't most of these games? I mean, it has been the same formula since the late 90s.

 

Although the difficulty spike for the gym leader in pokemon black that uses the Electric types, with the techno-like, rollercoaster gym was absurd.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 93 of 1,971 (368 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I want to hear opinions on the difficulty. Is it TOO easy?


Aren't most of these games? I mean, it has been the same formula since the late 90s.

 

Although the difficulty spike for the gym leader in pokemon black that uses the Electric types, with the techno-like, rollercoaster gym was absurd.


Go back and play Yellow and Silver/Gold. They were much harder. Even Ruby/Saphire. 

 

It had a lot to do with how much you had to grind to keep up, but still. I have been hearing that these games make it too easy to overlevel your Pokemon.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 94 of 1,971 (366 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I want to hear opinions on the difficulty. Is it TOO easy?


Aren't most of these games? I mean, it has been the same formula since the late 90s.

 

Although the difficulty spike for the gym leader in pokemon black that uses the Electric types, with the techno-like, rollercoaster gym was absurd.


Go back and play Yellow and Silver/Gold. They were much harder. Even Ruby/Saphire. 

 

It had a lot to do with how much you had to grind to keep up, but still. I have been hearing that these games make it too easy to overlevel your Pokemon.


Well, having grown up with the apparent "hard" ones... I suppose that's why these games are like cakewalk... I play them for the novelty and appreciating how far the handhelds have come from the days of blue/green/red. But I can't dump 100s of hours into it like I used to when my age was a single digit.

 

I suppose that's probably a good thing though.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 95 of 1,971 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

RatchetH22 wrote:
Playing White right now (Dont get Y until Thursday) but I just hatched a shiny Eevee! Finally got myself a shiny Umbreon! Smiley Happy

Shiny Vaporeon >>>>>>>>>>>> all other shiny Eeveelutions Smiley Tongue

 

And too bad Shiny Sylveon is blue, not green...would have been so much more fitting that way...


Vaporeon looks fugly in my opinion. Then again, my Pokemon usually revolve around Milotic, Blissey and Ninetales so I'm a sucker for smexy pokemon.

Bang Bang!

Message 96 of 1,971 (355 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

I want to hear opinions on the difficulty. Is it TOO easy?


Yeah, before you would actually have to go back and fight pokemon in the wild to get to a high enough level to face the gym leaders. Now you can beat them as soon as you get to them.

Bang Bang!

Message 97 of 1,971 (354 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
9470 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I want to hear opinions on the difficulty. Is it TOO easy?


Yeah, before you would actually have to go back and fight pokemon in the wild to get to a high enough level to face the gym leaders. Now you can beat them as soon as you get to them.


Pokemon blue is definitely harder than this one. You can always set up your own challenges to make the game more difficult. Eg. Use only 3 Pokemon at a gym. Your imagination is only the limit. 

 

This Pokemon amie thing. "Make a big smile!" Okay... *makes a smile that looks like the one in the picture below*

Spoiler

My Pokemon is not happy. What gives? 

id 69 signature


  "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 98 of 1,971 (350 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/05/2010
Offline
13633 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I want to hear opinions on the difficulty. Is it TOO easy?


Yeah, before you would actually have to go back and fight pokemon in the wild to get to a high enough level to face the gym leaders. Now you can beat them as soon as you get to them.


Pokemon blue is definitely harder than this one. You can always set up your own challenges to make the game more difficult. Eg. Use only 3 Pokemon at a gym. Your imagination is only the limit. 

 

This Pokemon amie thing. "Make a big smie!" Okay... *makes a smile that looks like the one in the picture below*

Spoiler

 

My Pokemon is not happy. What gives? 


Blue/Red/Yellow were so glitchy though, it really wasn't "hard" rather than "broken"

 

The "easieness" in X/Y I think comes from the EXP All (which can be turned off) ...and the fact that fire is good against most gyms...

Message 99 of 1,971 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2013
Offline
3578 posts
 

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Oct 15, 2013

It seems as though an easy way to get all of the Kanto starters is to trade Pokemon who evolve when traded.

 

Random question: do any of you remember when people said to hold down specific buttons to make capturing Pokemon easier?

Message 100 of 1,971 (335 Views)