Fender Bender
2565 posts

Re: Portrayal of women.

Feb 28, 2014
Women still get paid less than men. Which is still not right

But I still believe men should be the head of the household.
But thease days there are little real men.......

So I guess it doesn't even matter now
Message 71 of 80 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Women still get paid less than men. Which is still not right

But I still believe men should be the head of the household.
But thease days there are little real men.......

So I guess it doesn't even matter now

The pay thing is sad and the head of the household thing is based on your family values.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 72 of 80 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2565 posts

Feb 28, 2014
That's why I said I and not fact
Message 73 of 80 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 28, 2014
Well guys, i am not a resident of US. so i want to ask you all, do you think women are treated eqaul as men in US, not in all spheres, but in all major ones.
Message 74 of 80 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5920 posts

Feb 28, 2014

thefisrtofus wrote:
Well guys, i am not a resident of US. so i want to ask you all, do you think women are treated eqaul as men in US, not in all spheres, but in all major ones.

Aside from a few laws regarding a women's reproductive organs (let's not discuss this) and sociological theories, men and women are equally protected under the law.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cptkrby kirby photo ROFLkirby.png
Message 75 of 80 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 28, 2014
How about the laws working out in real practice?
Message 76 of 80 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5920 posts

Feb 28, 2014

thefisrtofus wrote:
How about the laws working out in real practice?

Depends on who you ask and I really really really don't want this turned into a political debate.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cptkrby kirby photo ROFLkirby.png
Message 77 of 80 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Feb 28, 2014

For the most part, I really don't care. Games pretty much cater to just about everything, these days, even those that don't want either gender being over sexualized. Personally, I feel the issue is brought up, because people have been taught to make an issue out of it, because someone felt offended at some point in time and made a fuss. That's what it comes down to for a lot of complaints made in this age. Someone was offended, thus an issue must be made out of it. and people must be taught that it is an issue we should fret over.

Anyway, considering games are mostly fiction based, you can have things anyway you want to and that's really the beauty of it.. Fiction is simply that, fiction. It 's not reality, therefore it doesn't need to be treated as reality or judged in a reality based format. As long as you're a well adjusted human being, that knows reality from fantasy, you shouldn't have a problem with any genre of games. As for the few that can't figure out reality from fantasy, that's not the fault or problem of the game creator. Same goes for books, movies, and TV shows.

Also, no offense to anyone, but I've seen females discuss what kinds of games they would make, if they were in the business. In most of those conversations I have seen, they take out the fun and funny stuff, and gear it more towards what feminists like. That has lead me to feeling thankful that women do not dominate the gaming industry. I have no problem with my gender taking part in the gaming industry, just don't wreck it with feminist crap and feelings.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 78 of 80 (104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 28, 2014

If I really wanted wet weather because you have to cry so much. I would just step out side and watch it rain!

Setzaroth wrote:

Um....

Tomb raider-lara.jpg

And....

Lightning_Returns.jpg

Erm....

kerrigan.jpg

DAT ARMOR, you can see every screw and rivet.

datarmor.jpg

Ya...

Jill Valentine.jpg

There are plenty of games that do not fit that stereotype... but then again, I'm also not "disturbed" by attractive women.

I was going to write something really insulting to the op but I think your pictures illustrate the point in a less negative matterSmiley Happy

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

https://twitter.com/FreshRevenge
http://www.twitch.tv/thefreshrevengehaven

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 79 of 80 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Feb 28, 2014

CptKirby wrote:

thefisrtofus wrote:

Aside from a few laws regarding a women's reproductive organs (let's not discuss this) and sociological theories, men and women are equally protected under the law.

This is basically true. There is debate over abortion. In practice, it depends on the area and judge. Under the law, they are equal. But human error is always somewhere. Regardless of the nation.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 80 of 80 (79 Views)
0 Likes