May 05 2013
By: XXFREEXWORLDXX Fender Bender 3589 posts

Ps4 a low end pc?

18 replies 140 views Edited May 5, 2013
I remember a couple of weeks back that i read somewhere about how one of the Nvidia execs said that the ps4 is an example of a low end pc..and I agree that the ps4 needs to be made for the MASSES in massive quantities so maybe as a cost effective strategy Sony would sacrifice implementing the best processor and graphics chip to make the system affordable for everyone but, for a system that is obviously going to have the ability to play the latest GTA and COD flawlessly and tons of other games with awesome graphics...how could that system be considered low end?(...im guessing he is just really rich lol and "low end" to him is probably like the alienware m11x which is still pretty expensive)
Message 1 of 19 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4170 posts

Re: Ps4 a low end pc?

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

Well the PS4 certainly isn't going to have the best specs out there.

Neither is the new Xbox.

But, just because it isn't the best doens't mean it isn't good enough.

Overall the PS4 is going to be better than my PC.

Yet I can play BF3 just fine with like 60+ frames.

If you really wanted to make the best PC out there then it would cost thousands.

Not everyone has that kind of money, and to be honest, it really isn't worth it to pay that much.

It might be considered low end, but the PS4 isn't going to have a problem running its games.

Message 2 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

May 5, 2013
Yeah thats true, And I agree that the ps4 wont have the best specs out there and many of the future games to come for the upcoming platform will most likely be optimized for a better playability for the ps4.
Message 3 of 19 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4170 posts

May 5, 2013

XXFREEXWORLDXX wrote:
Yeah thats true, And I agree that the ps4 wont have the best specs out there and many of the future games to come for the upcoming platform will most likely be optimized for a better playability for the ps4.

Yeah that's what they usually do with the games.

To be honest, I could care less about the graphics.

I'm just hoping a new system means that more can go into the games.

Like more players, bigger maps, etc.

Message 4 of 19 (122 Views)
Fender Bender
3589 posts

May 5, 2013
MAP EXPANSION PACKS are awesome...I wonder if there will be game discs with more capacity to be able to hold more GAMING GOODNESS!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 19 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4170 posts

May 5, 2013

XXFREEXWORLDXX wrote:
MAP EXPANSION PACKS are awesome...I wonder if there will be game discs with more capacity to be able to hold more GAMING GOODNESS!!! Smiley Very Happy

I looked up about that before.

I don't remember if they were using any better discs or not.

Although it would be nice.

I just hope one thing they do is to stop tacking on the MP or SP in a game.

Some companies work hard on both.

Some just throw it in for the hell of it.

Like with Tomb Raider, the MP sucks.

Message 6 of 19 (113 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37763 posts

May 5, 2013

What will the PS4 have that the pS3 does not?

Message 7 of 19 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

May 5, 2013
Im not sure but it will most likely have a modded case Smiley Tongue thats as far as i got with the researching and maybe games that are only playable on the ps4...and maybe new controller enhancements
Message 8 of 19 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

May 5, 2013
You are right OP....

My Mid range gaming PC me cost me 1050$ approx. and still better than the yet to be released PS4 in terms of hardware... So high end PC will blow PS4 out of the water.

The main advantage of PS4 is optimization for games and considering how PS3, with its ultra low end PC hardware, ran the games, PS4 will rock for sure
Message 9 of 19 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

May 5, 2013
Yeah for sure the ps4 will have a HUGE advantage in terms of game optimization that will help any average family feel like they have the most SOPHISTICATED AND POWERFUL PIECE OF GAMING HARDWARE TO EVER EXIST! ..I wouldn't mind the low ps4 hardware specs, nowadays its just the type of TV and home theater speakers that matters the most for a better gaming experience Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 19 (82 Views)
0 Likes