Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 18 2014
By: AL2009man-Alt First Son 3 posts

[RANT] PS Forums 'Mentions' feature - Can it get you banned for blacklisting?

[ Edited ]
70 replies 292 views Edited May 18, 2014

well I recently created a new account right away just to do a rant.

well after I waited for a 24 hour ban on my original account.

I posted a OP on the PS Home section and i was inspired from someone and joking create a photoshop of a PlayStation Home Developer LOOT employe. which also a Famous forum users.

guess what i use that "Mention" feature with the username just to make sure the name

oh. https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS-Forums-Update-Mentions-Now-Online/m-p...

after that. I was still typing on the forums on a different OP. my computer froze i restarted by force. after i bootup. I notice that i just go logoff of the forums, I login and boom

Screenshot_4.jpg

Like what the actual frick man?! I just use that Mentions feature and you get ban from that?! how?!

WHAT THE POINT OF IMPLEMENTING THIS FEATURE ANYWAY?!

like...wow?!

jesus christ i can playtest this thing right now. I know! I put @al2009man on it and see if my Alternative account get banned for blacklisting. I sure this will work...right mods?!

/sarcasm

Can you do a better job than this?

EMERGENCY ACCOUNTANCY OF "al2009man" IN CASE SOMETHING BAD HAS HAPPENED.

You know? like Getting banned or hacked or sumthing?
Message 1 of 71 (292 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

Re: [RANT] PS Forums 'Mentions' feature - Can it get you banned for blacklisting?

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2014

Please don’t:

Create an alternate PSN ID to circumvent moderator activity. This includes taking advantage of any PlayStation® Community System.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Rules-of-Conduct-amp-Forum-G...

Edit: Anywho, blacklisting refers to the 'calling-out' of a specific individual by name for negatoive or less-than-constructive reasons. If that's what you were doing (and I saw a thread of yours where that was in fact the case), then yes, using the mentions system is blackllisting.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 2 of 71 (258 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Re: [RANT] PS Forums 'Mentions' feature - Can it get you banned for blacklisting?

May 18, 2014

I hope they give you your account back. When they make a new feature they should  make a tutorial on how to use it.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 3 of 71 (256 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

May 18, 2014
johngie get a life wannabe PSMod
Message 4 of 71 (241 Views)
First Son
3 posts

May 18, 2014

johngie wrote:

Please don’t:

Create an alternate PSN ID to circumvent moderator activity. This includes taking advantage of any PlayStation® Community System.

(And i don't care. I will still use this account, in case of emergency.) (this is a RANT about a flaw of the system, i know this sounds stupid.)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Rules-of-Conduct-amp-Forum-G...

Edit: Anywho, blacklisting refers to the 'calling-out' of a specific individual by name for negatoive or less-than-constructive reasons. If that's what you were doing (and I saw a thread of yours where that was in fact the case), then yes, using the mentions system is blackllisting.

and this is where the problem is (Last time I post it is here http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Hey-poster-can-I-steal-your-work-lol/td-p/43...) I DID not mean to blacklist it by accident. like ralahinn1 say. This blacklist rule should change for a bit which reflect the Mention system

EMERGENCY ACCOUNTANCY OF "al2009man" IN CASE SOMETHING BAD HAS HAPPENED.

You know? like Getting banned or hacked or sumthing?
Message 5 of 71 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3372 posts

May 18, 2014
It's funny because the Rules Of Conduct says not to create alts to avoid bans, but also states that if you feel you've been wrongly banned to message a moderator about it. How is this achieved? By making alts of course!

So johngie, I suggest you brush up on your Rules Of Conduct.

RingingPhoneTelephone Calls 

Satire Extraordinaire!RingingPhone
"Stop trolling, you're CLEARLY trolling!" - Everyone In Off-Topic.

~ Proud Upholder Of The PS Forums Rules Of Conduct ~
~ Survivor Of Two Permanent Bans ~ Influential Satire Member ~

~ Forum Moderation Expert ~ Victim Of Many Injustices ~
~ Sworn Enemy To The Off-Topic Board ~ Anti-Troll Cultist ~

...Before you report this post, please check HERE to see if it actually breaches the PS Forums Rules Of Conduct, otherwise you're wasting your time! Thanks!

Message 6 of 71 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

May 18, 2014

Telephone-Calls wrote:
It's funny because the Rules Of Conduct says not to create alts to avoid bans, but also states that if you feel you've been wrongly banned to message a moderator about it. How is this achieved? By making alts of course!

Quote and link please. Best I could find was:

"PSForumMods - PM this user for Forum moderation issues"
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team-a...

Otherwise I'm going to need you to remove that bit in your sig about being a moderation expert pls and thanks.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.

Message 7 of 71 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3372 posts

May 18, 2014

johngie wrote:

Telephone-Calls wrote:

Quote and link please. Best I could find was:

"PSForumMods - PM this user for Forum moderation issues"
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team-a...

Otherwise I'm going to need you to remove that bit in your sig about being a moderation expert pls and thanks.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Rules-of-Conduct/td-p/37422009

Screenshot_2014-05-18-11-39-32.png

No email given = PMs

...Before you report this post, please check HERE to see if it actually breaches the PS Forums Rules Of Conduct, otherwise you're wasting your time! Thanks!

Message 8 of 71 (175 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

May 18, 2014
Wow that explains a lot. You're living by rules and guidelines from 2 years ago.

Poor child.

Message 9 of 71 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
3372 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2014

Well did the Forum Moderation team ever state that these rules (despite their age) are null and void? Nope.

These rules (despite their age) are legitimate, published material by PSForumMods; therefore they still stand.

You're also breaking the rules for not knowing these rules. It clearly states "know the rules". Also if you took care to read these rules properly you'll have noticed one thing to see that they have infact been edited recently despite the post stating otherwise.

"Likes. Likes are how the community shows appreciation for posts they like. Spread the Likes around to deserving posters, earn them yourself and be rewarded by the mods."

Likes? Y'know, the thing that replaced Kudos less than a year ago? So no, these are not two years old. Get schooled, child.

Message 10 of 71 (161 Views)
0 Likes