PlayStation MVP
26181 posts

Re: RIP Windows XP Oct 2001 - April 2014

Apr 8, 2014

GuitarGuru2012 wrote:

Windows is wack, and Apple is back.

Will prolly never buy another windows OS ever again after switching to Mac.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

Is that a Haiku? 

Message 21 of 25 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19120 posts

Apr 8, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GuitarGuru2012 wrote:

Is that a Haiku? 

I've never heard of a 9-23-9 haiku, but okay.

Message 22 of 25 (79 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7734 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

While I have long moved on to Windows 7, I still interact with XP on those old XP machines hooked up to the PLCs at work and we have no plans to upgrade them to Win7/8 because some of the control software is XP-only.

Without an internet connection, these things won't have to worry about hack attacks. :smileytongue:

And, per tradition, we kept the Bliss wallpaper. Heh.

Message 23 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12800 posts

Apr 8, 2014

GuitarGuru2012 wrote:

or...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 24 of 25 (65 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Did you know currently there is a free Operating system being developed called Haiku? It is based off an operating system created by BEos Inc. in the 90's. That company had created an operating system able to multi task greatly without system slow down. I tried haiku recently and it blew my mind how fast it boots, and multi tasks, I even had it on an Pentium 4 3.0GHZ processor with hyperthreading which is a virtual processor in the operating system eyes, and 3GB of ram. in all honestly Microsoft needs to reinvent its products for more plausable use. In honesty they should of kept the tile layouts for touch screens, and stuck with the desktop gui for desktop and laptop based PC's. i'm leaning more towards Unix/Linux and Apple nowindays just because Microsoft has been dying since Bill gates stepped down from ceo position in the mid 2000's. only products i liked from them was anything before vista. Nice thing about Unix based operating systems, is there is little to no Viruses made for those operating systems. Since when do you ever hear about an apple crushing virus? Did you know the only reason the original Xbox system of the early 2000's was stopped being manufactured was due to a lawsuit between Microsoft and their graphics processor provider, Nvidia? Microsoft tried to go under Nvidia and get their chips half off, and in the end the court said Nvidia had to continue providing them the chips until full stop of the Xbox manufacturing in 2005. Microsoft has been known for monopolistic practices, and illegal stunts.

Resist obsolesence. Technology will always serve a purpose even if they are older, and slower. As long as that piece of technology still serves its purpose, why upgrade?
Message 25 of 25 (56 Views)
0 Likes