Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 10 2014
By: Sue7865 First Son 3 posts

Radio Interactive Chat Room

[ Edited ]
5 replies 176 views Edited Feb 10, 2014

I like to have an interactive chat room where you can hang out with the live DJ and other listeners. A great place to meet like minded people around the world. When there is no live presenter, the Chatroom is still open but not interactive with the radio. I could find two services RumbleTalk and xcat but lack of third party user integration. Maybe someone knows other chat room service?

Edit: Moved from PS General.

Message 1 of 6 (176 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8486 posts

Re: Radio Interactive Chat Room

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2014

I've only used the audio portions of it, but TinyChat is supposed to be pretty good.  Has iOS and (I believe) Android apps.

http://www.tinychat.com

Perhaps this thread would be better served in Off-Topic, unless this is a request for a new Playstation feature.

Message 2 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5490 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

Talk shoe is free also

http://www.talkshoe.com It's free and you can use it whenever you want.. Schedule a show and you can use it as many tiimes as you want! Great site. I like it. Just have a phone or skype to cal in to your show

photo xMYwEGm_zpsd47ce352.jpg
Message 3 of 6 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 10, 2014

Sorry, it took me a while, but just for you to know, I am still looking for a suitable chat room for my site any help will be most appreciated.

Message 4 of 6 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5490 posts

Jul 10, 2014

http://www.talkshoe.com is a free calll in show I used it in the past.. All you need is either skype or a phone and boom..

photo xMYwEGm_zpsd47ce352.jpg
Message 5 of 6 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 1, 2014

Well, if someone is interested in a chat room for his radio show like me than I became and expert in this field. Here are my experience with finding the best one for my radio station.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find.

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Envolv.
I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Since I could not find answers in this forum, than I hope this overview will help someone.

ReactionRadioShoutOuts.png

Message 6 of 6 (22 Views)
0 Likes