Feb 10 2014
By: Sue7865 First Son 4 posts

Radio Interactive Chat Room

[ Edited ]
7 replies 241 views Edited Feb 10, 2014

I like to have an interactive chat room where you can hang out with the live DJ and other listeners. A great place to meet like minded people around the world. When there is no live presenter, the Chatroom is still open but not interactive with the radio. I could find two services RumbleTalk and xcat but lack of third party user integration. Maybe someone knows other chat room service?

Edit: Moved from PS General.

Message 1 of 8 (241 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11357 posts

Re: Radio Interactive Chat Room

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2014

I've only used the audio portions of it, but TinyChat is supposed to be pretty good.  Has iOS and (I believe) Android apps.

http://www.tinychat.com

Perhaps this thread would be better served in Off-Topic, unless this is a request for a new Playstation feature.

Message 2 of 8 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

Talk shoe is free also

http://www.talkshoe.com It's free and you can use it whenever you want.. Schedule a show and you can use it as many tiimes as you want! Great site. I like it. Just have a phone or skype to cal in to your show

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 3 of 8 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 10, 2014

Sorry, it took me a while, but just for you to know, I am still looking for a suitable chat room for my site any help will be most appreciated.

Message 4 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Jul 10, 2014

http://www.talkshoe.com is a free calll in show I used it in the past.. All you need is either skype or a phone and boom..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 5 of 8 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 1, 2014

Well, if someone is interested in a chat room for his radio show like me than I became and expert in this field. Here are my experience with finding the best one for my radio station.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find.

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Envolv.
I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Since I could not find answers in this forum, than I hope this overview will help someone.

ReactionRadioShoutOuts.png

Message 6 of 8 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 4, 2015

Guys! It has been a while! Nothing much changed, well only that a lot of research has been done on different html chat room applications. We tried over 20 of them and we still think that Rumbletalk is the top one! It just has everything and more! Worth trying Smiley Happy

Preview of chat

Message 7 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2874 posts

Nov 4, 2015

Please pay close attention to the dates of threads when posting as necrobumping is against the rules. This thread is now locked to prevent further necrobumping. If you wish to continue this discussion, feel free to start a new thread about this topic.

Message 8 of 8 (47 Views)
0 Likes