Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
9208 posts

Re: [Retro, Underrated, Hidden Gem, & Indie featuring Import Video Games] - Off-Topic Discussion

Apr 2, 2014

kingbro1 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

April 17

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Wii U, $6.99)

Golden Sun (Wii U, $7.99)

I don't remember liking Maximum Velocity.

I never did like* Golden Sun, so I'll have to try it.

*patiently waits for Fire Emblem (2003) because my copy's save battery died*

*WHOOPS! I meant play.

It's well worth buying. Played through it and it has some good game play :smileyhappy:.

Can relate on that, I wish that Nintendo and Game Freak would bring out Pokémon Crystal and Gold and Silver in their original versions again. Had Silver and Crystal, but sadly the save battery died in them :smileysad:. Not counting on them doing so though, so oh well... :smileysad:

Message 251 of 305 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3083 posts

Re: [Retro, Underrated, Hidden Gem, & Indie featuring Import Video Games] - Off-Topic Discussion

Apr 3, 2014

20 years ago today, the turn-based RPG classic Final Fantasy VI (aka III on the North American SNES and Wii Virtual Console) was released in Japan. Expect a review from me sometime in the future.

Spoiler

SNES Version Gameplay

Twitter: @k_bro1|Nintendo Network ID: LordOfCourage
Message 252 of 305 (556 Views)
Survivor
2396 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I always wondered.  Why was it called Final Fantasy VI in Japan, but 3 in North America?  Was there really 5 titles before it in Japan?

photo 4f9f1065-23b3-4875-a40d-e36af3b1f802.jpg
#I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I'm not
Message 253 of 305 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3083 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

dc4daniel wrote:

I always wondered.  Why was it called Final Fantasy VI in Japan, but 3 in North America?  Was there really 5 titles before it in Japan?

At the time of VI's North American release, the only other Final Fantasy games that were available in the region were I and IV (the latter was renamed II). The real II and III weren't localized until they were ported/remade on other consoles due to IV being released soon at the time. V, on the other hand, was considered "too difficult for Americans," so both North America and Europe were given Mystic Quest in its place.

Message 254 of 305 (549 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9208 posts

Apr 3, 2014

kingbro1 wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

At the time of VI's North American release, the only other Final Fantasy games that were available in the region were I and IV (the latter was renamed II). The real II and III weren't localized until they were ported/remade on other consoles due to IV being released soon at the time. V, on the other hand, was considered "too difficult for Americans," so both North America and Europe were given Mystic Quest in its place.

Got to love that excuse for some of the games that were put out back then. They did something similar with Super Mario 2. Gave us the Doki Doki one and the Japanese the harder one. Thankfully the Lost Levels did come out, but you have to admit it was rather silly to think that Americans couldn't play it  :smileytongue:.

Message 255 of 305 (544 Views)
VP of Gaming
29925 posts

Apr 3, 2014

the mickey mouse game is supposed to be free on ps plus this month...

cant wait i was gona buy it

Message 256 of 305 (539 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Has anyone heard of Sheep Raider? It was an old Looney Tunes Playstation 1 game that was not known well but was execellent. Each level is like an episode of when Wile E. Coyote tries to steal sheep. You use his different tools to to try to get by Sam and capture a sheep. And that's where it gets fun, each level is unique and fresh, giving you a puzzle game that makes you think before acting. And the game itself was beautiful.

photo 8404_8a96_zps4b0191c3.gif
Message 257 of 305 (532 Views)
Fender Bender
3083 posts

Apr 3, 2014

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

Has anyone heard of Sheep Raider? It was an old Looney Tunes Playstation 1 game that was not known well but was execellent. Each level is like an episode of when Wile E. Coyote tries to steal sheep. You use his different tools to to try to get by Sam and capture a sheep. And that's where it gets fun, each level is unique and fresh, giving you a puzzle game that makes you think before acting. And the game itself was beautiful.

I remember having a demo disc that was packaged with an issue of Official US PlayStation Magazine, and one of the demos included was Sheep Raider. I probably still have that demo disc.

Message 258 of 305 (529 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Apr 3, 2014

kingbro1 wrote:

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

I remember having a demo disc that was packaged with an issue of Official US PlayStation Magazine, and one of the demos included was Sheep Raider. I probably still have that demo disc.

I found out about it when I went to Blockbuster looking for something different than Mega Man Legends 2.....I later bought and still go back to it every now and then....

Message 259 of 305 (526 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

BlackAceZero777 wrote:

I found out about it when I went to Blockbuster looking for something different than Mega Man Legends 2.....I later bought and still go back to it every now and then....

I still can't believe how well the ost was on the game...I'm think I'm gonna hear something silly but end up hearing funky jazz that flows well with the game.

Message 260 of 305 (524 Views)
0 Likes