Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2014
By: younginflavor18 PlayStation MVP 6377 posts

[Retro, Underrated, Hidden Gem, & Indie featuring Import Video Games] - Off-Topic Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
304 replies 579 views Edited Jul 12, 2014
Retro, Underrated, Hidden Gem, and Indie.jpg  

Featuring Import Video Games.jpg  

Rules and Guidelines

1. This is a thread discussing video games are nostalgically blast from the past, critically acclaimed but didn't meet their sales expectations, video games that are hidden gems, made by independent video game developers, or games that are imported from different regions.

2. Replies should use Quote and a bit of the quoted text only in order to understand who you are replying to.
Don't just reply one liners that could mean multiple things and no one knows who or what it's to/about.
Don't quote huge Quote Trees unless absolute necessity makes having such tree forests in this thread's future.

3.  Any trolling, non-constructive, flaming, and insulting replies will be reported.

4. Enjoy your stay and have fun!

Update: 3/7/14

Spoiler
I added "Import" to the thread title so we can also discuss import gaming.

Update: 3/13/14

Spoiler
I added my design poster for import games to the OP.

Update: 3/13/14

Spoiler
I updated my original post by adding a border around the posters.

Update: 7/12/14

Spoiler
Modified the rules in order to make it a little more simpler than before.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 305 (579 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6126 posts

Re: [Retro, Underrated, Hidden Gem, & Indie Video Games] - Off-Topic Discussion Thread

Mar 4, 2014

Great thread idea, Young.

Two hidden gems that I personally love are Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy and TimeShift. To me, both were absolutely stellar games that I wish had received more attention. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 305 (576 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11045 posts

Re: [Retro, Underrated, Hidden Gem, & Indie Video Games] - Off-Topic Discussion Thread

Mar 4, 2014

Haze is the be-all, end-all FPS.

One of the most underrated series I've ever encountered? The Darkness. Wicked good games.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 305 (568 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
919 posts

Mar 4, 2014
Conker! And south park 64
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 305 (560 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6377 posts

Mar 5, 2014

RatchetH22 wrote:

Great thread idea, Young.

Two hidden gems that I personally love are Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy and TimeShift. To me, both were absolutely stellar games that I wish had received more attention. 

Thank you for commenting on the thread idea I came up right now, Ratchet.

On-topic: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Dragon's Crown, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Bayonetta, Catherine, Darkisders 1 and 2 and Bulletstorm are the underrated games I'm looking foward to buying for the PlayStation 3 in sometime in the future.

As for the retro games I've played, I never played Blaster Master when it was on the Nintendo Entertainment  System, but I checked out it has stellar gameplay and the soundtrack is quite soothing and catchy such as Area 2 in which is my favorite tune in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 305 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8376 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

Nice thread idea, Youngin!

As for retro video games... one of my all time faves is Draken: The Ancients' Gates. This game really stood out to me and I had to go get a copy if at all possible. Got it new over at Best Buy and haven't looked back. It's basically an action/adventure and hack and slash game, with some flying on the back of a dragon (kind of like aerial dog fights in airplanes in a way, only against other dragons) as well. The graphics are good for a PS2 era game and still hold up pretty well. Hope to be playing more of it again, since I miss playing it. Well worth picking it up if you're a fan of good action/adventure games.

@ Youngin: There's another No More Heroes game? I thought there were only two of them. I have the first one in the series. Crazy that one is :smileytongue:. Good battling though.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 305 (538 Views)
Fender Bender
3011 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

@ Youngin: There's another No More Heroes game? I thought there were only two of them. I have the first one in the series. Crazy that one is :smileytongue:. Good battling though.

There are still only two of them. Heroes' Paradise is an HD port of the first game with added content and PS Move support.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 305 (532 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6377 posts

Mar 5, 2014

kingbro1 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

There are still only two of them. Heroes' Paradise is an HD port of the first game with added content and PS Move support.

@Box9Missingo 

As kingbro1 stated, I'm buying the PS3 version of No More Heroes due to extra content, DLC, PS Move support, bosses from No More Heroes 2: Heroes' Paradise, and trophy support.

I wish the sequel was remastered for the PS3, and see what new content could offer if it were to happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 305 (526 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
18063 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Anyone ever heard of Dynamite Headdy?! WOW, I loved this game!

Soul Pillager 3! Banner Version.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 305 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2934 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Shinning Force 1, 2 and 3!!~~ :smileytongue:

Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Leisuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

Hard works pays off, Dreams come true, bad times don't last but Bad Guys do!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 305 (517 Views)