Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 29 2013
By: ACE_GROOOVY Lombax Warrior 100 posts

SHOOTERS should go back to basics

7 replies 128 views Edited May 29, 2013
Like COD2 just guns, nades, rpgs and running around blasting or getting blasted.

These days its way to full of crap like robot cars for the A.D.D. kids.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: SHOOTERS should go back to basics

May 29, 2013

I agree with this. I am also not a big fan of "perks" as I like an even playing field. I would love if someone made a shooter (preferably TPS cuz I am not a huge FPS fan) that had no perks, didn't show enemy positions, no bright gamer tags above heads (unless it's your team) and the only thing in your HUD was weapon ammo capacity and where you are on the map.

Simple, clean, based off actual skill instead of features that require you to have less ability in a certain areas because the "stealth" skill for example reduces your need to play smart and gain position. Yeah I would play something like that as a shooter. Where it's all about skill, positioning, teamwork, and reaction to a situation. Take out all the extra garbage and simplify it, make where the bullet damages you actually affect how your character performs. Limited respawns or none at all.

A gamer where you start with say a size of a Platoon and you have to actaully keep your team alive or they are out and taken back to base and you play with what's left. Forces you to be smart and use real tactics. 

I'm gonna ramble on if I keep going... you get my drift.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

May 29, 2013

Bring back Socom US Navy Seals

nuff said.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (121 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 29, 2013

I was just about to say that what was described sounds like SOCOM. It needs a good developer to work on it though.

I agree with the OP, you can create a fun interesting MP shooter without having to have tons of extras. COD4 did so well because the perks and kill streaks were something new and innovative. Now they just keep getting more and more ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29489 posts

May 29, 2013

I dont think socom will ever be back :smileysad:

we just need a time machine.. anyone making one?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

May 29, 2013

I did love SOCOM back in the day. I miss that game.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14251 posts

May 29, 2013

Something like Counter Strike or SOCOM wouldn't be viable in todays gaming environment. Sure gamers that remember the series before the advent of the New Call of Duty would pick it up, and maybe some others, but it wouldn't come near the sales of Call of Duty. Personally I like the idea of killstreaks, so long as I'm not completely helpless and there's multiple helicopters and jets strafing the map to hell. Perks are just nonsense though.

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

I dont think socom will ever be back :smileysad:

we just need a time machine.. anyone making one?

Still waiting for production to start on Mr. Fusions.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

You want shooters to go back to the basics, but fail to mention this "basic" shooter?

No jumping, no look (well, only side-to side...maybe should say no real aiming lol), no grenades, have health packs, ammo packs, armor, too many enemies to count...

EDIT: Sorry, but I just can't say SOCOM or CoD (even the early ones) are "basic" shooters...not when you have games like Doom to deal with...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (82 Views)