Jan 31 2013
By: MJB2348765 Fender Bender 3995 posts

School Shooting in Atlanta

[ Edited ]
16 replies 244 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

Today there was a another school shooting (not mass) in Atlanta at a local middle school.  It  was a debate between two boys I think both 14, and one of the 14 year olds was shoot in the back of the head( but lived) and is at treatment at a local Hospital. The full story below. Good News is that the boy might be released from the hospital tonight. And the shooter is in custody right now. The school has metal detectors I think but IDK how he got the gun inside the school, but thankfuly he was taking down by the school police officer. The school was on lockdown for 3 hours.  Thank God this wasn't another school massacre, and the boy shot in the back of the head is going to be OK, but still it shocking to see this in my town, I know Atlanta is Ghetto( I been here for over 10 years) and we always have shootings on the street but never had one at a school far as I remember living here.  But some parents are mad at the school on how they handed the situation. 

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/student-shot-price-middle-school/nWB9x/

Message 1 of 17 (244 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Re: School Shooting in Atlanta

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

People are shot every day in America, not by evil black stocked assualt weapons either, and none of these stories seem to get the national attention like this will. In a couple days we'll probably hear he played Call of Duty or some other unrealistic miliatry shooter. But that's not the problem, millions of people play those games yet millions of gamers do not take to the streets with firearms and ill intent.

As for this specific story, I believe the parents of the child need to be further examined. I don't know much so I can't make any sweeping accusations as everyone should refrain from.

**bleep** the 24-hour news cycle...

OOpsie. Apparently I said a bad word.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 17 (212 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

And there is also worse things going on in America, and the world. But since there has been so many 'Shootings', people act like it's a new thing. This kind of stuff happens. Yes, it is very sad.

Did you know TSA still finds flyers at Airports with guns/bomb till this day? It just doesn't make the news that much. If it's something old, you don't hear it on the news that much.

p.s., don't forget all the horrible gang shootouts that happen in LA that you never hear about LOL

YB

Message 3 of 17 (210 Views)
Survivor
2374 posts

Jan 31, 2013

bookepride wrote:
p.s., don't forget all the horrible gang shootouts that happen in LA that you never hear about LOL

It's sensationalism by the media to force an agenda. Like you say, there are many horrible shootouts that are happening between gangs all over the US at this very hour, yet they don't make the news. Why? Because it doesn't bring in ratings or doesn't push an agenda.

However, if you hear about any kid, student, or school being shot there is always a reference to a mass shooting. As if both incidents are related or were caused by the same shooter.

Nonetheless, it's disturbing that kids think that guns are the solution to their problems. I wonder what kind of thinking goes into their mind because everyone knows they will be caught and it will only get them in deeper trouble. This mentality is what needs to be addressed so these incidents stop. I hope the victim makes it out okay and he's now in my thoughts and prayers.

Message 4 of 17 (199 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9577 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Has anyone else noticed that since this whole gun debate shootings have skyrocketed?  The Atlanta shooting was the only incident today...

Message 5 of 17 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

Feb 1, 2013

But my question is how did a middle scholar got a hold of one of these guns? 

Message 6 of 17 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

MJB2348765 wrote:

But my question is how did a middle scholar got a hold of one of these guns? 

Depends, some get it from their parents. While a lot of teens can easily get it from the streets. There are many methods of getting one illegally no matter the age. This is a sad fact of our society.

Message 7 of 17 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Feb 1, 2013

This kind of stuff happens anytime now. Like many of you have said here, maybe's its because kids think its just fun to kill because they did it in let's say Battlefield. 

They think "Oh Its fun to shoot someone...I want to try it out in real life!" This might have not been the case, but yea, this can happen anywhere..and I hope the parents are doing ok and the kids.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 8 of 17 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1330 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Shot in the back of the head and lived ?

inb4lagswitch

"For god ,your soul ... For me, your flesh...""

Message 9 of 17 (176 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Now i wonder how the **bleep** he got that weapon from.

Edited for profanity.

U--J

Message 10 of 17 (159 Views)
0 Likes