Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Re: So after 5 years here, its over...

Dec 24, 2010

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

godsgift1888 wrote:

i think its the general overcomplicatedness of the new forum shike and a lot of people are saying if it aint broke why fix it

i dunno tbh im not a fan of the new forum but i can still use it and such

I don't think some people appreciate the benefits, of it though. I mean the old forums pages took much longer to be read by most browsers, and crashed in the Playstations built-in browser. This forum loads pretty fast, and as far as I've seen doesn't crash in the PS3 browser.

It's not perfect, but at the same time they're also listening to suggestions, and intend to make changes. I think people both need more time to get used to the place, and to give the staff more time to fully implement the changes the intend, as well as adjust anything they deem fit based on the communities response.

I'm pretty sure the're aren't taking suggestions. Mohawktown said the changes are final that's that.

Photobucket

No, you clearly missunderstood. He said that the decision on this platform, for the community was final. Not that changes within this platform, such as new feature, or modification of existing, was out of the question. Just that we wouldn't be switching back to Lithium, basically.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Dec 24, 2010

mohawk has said the decision to move to jive is final but removing and adding add ons etc are not final he open to suggestions on how to improve the jive forum

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Dec 24, 2010

GuNz_52 wrote:

I though the transition from PSU to the PSN Forums was bad, I thought that maybe members like me had seen the worst of it all. I was wrong. As our posts became more censored by the day, and bans were being handed out left and right. We here, are oppressed by the Admins. PSU has been a huge part of my life over the past 5 years, and I will never forget some of the people I met. A few special thanks goes out to Patriot and PSX_Cheaster (whom both work for Lithium now) as they were some of best people. When I signed up here, it was for being a part of a community, not some communist dictatorship we have today. Back when the Mods used to actually listen and give back to the community. This is no longer a community my friends. That being said, you wont see too much of me anymore, I may come around the Battlefield or Killzone boards every now and again. Many of you dont know me, but for those of you who do or have experienced what I have, you know exactly where I am coming from.

Photobucket

Cheers!

320gb Slim
500gb Slim
SoftModded Wii with 640GB HDD
320gb XBox 360 S
LG 55" 120Hz LCD
LG 1000w 5.1
42" Panasonic Viera Plasma
4TB Media Server
320GB HD PVR

Playstation Plus Member

Gaming Since 1983
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2111 posts

Dec 24, 2010

lol @ sony.

all we needed on the old forums were mods that weren't so.....bad

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 62 (39 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Dec 24, 2010

GuNz! See ya, man. Good times years ago in the BF section.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Gunz_52- the best gamer to ever log in the PS forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25974 posts

Dec 24, 2010

If I could Kudo you I would, but they got rid of that too, so I clicked 'like' instead & gave it a 5 star rating.

Well said, never a truer word spoken on these Forums.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 24, 2010

The censorship here is hilarious. Honestly... Some of the words just make you laugh.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7605 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Yep, the forums were absolutely fine and 100% functional before the transition to PSN.. and still not bad after. Now it's complete garbage (<---- HA HA HAA!!!! This is the icing on the cake!! "G..A..R..B..A..G..E" is censored!!!!)

I used to know Patriot as majewski.. and I remember that PSX_Cheatster went to the same college as my brother..

The good times here are gone forevz.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 62 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Dec 25, 2010

For crying out loud it's a forum. A few changes here and there and people cry. I've seen nothing worth complaining about yet, if anything they've made things a heck of a lot simplier.

The point of this place is to come talk, laugh, share experiences and make new friends.

You can still do all of that last I checked. It's crazy how many people are making a big deal out of something like this, and maybe the people that don't like the new place will go away instead of filling the place up with crybaby threads and posts.

Foolishness.

What bugs there are, are being worked out. As with anything new that is bound to happen. Yet..as mentioned...in newborn baby fashion, the complainers want things fixed two weeks ago, and can't wait for anything.

Don't want to? Then pick up your toys and go home, quit filling the boards with rubbish and let everyone else enjoy themselves.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 62 (39 Views)