Fender Bender
3270 posts

Re: So what got you into videogames?

Feb 26, 2006
Well i had chicken pox once and my dad got me a supernetdo to keep me from itching myslef.. i pwned in boxing and mario

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 44 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8868 posts

Feb 26, 2006
I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. Even when I think back to my first memories, NES was there.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 44 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5873 posts

Feb 26, 2006
I got into video games when my mom & dad bought me the first NES.  I was so hooked.  Then after new systems came out, I started to continue on gaming.  Now (in the present), I still game on with my Xbox, PS2 and my PC.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 44 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6722 posts

Feb 26, 2006
Zelda OOT!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 44 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46866 posts

Apr 15, 2013

My dad did.

We had pong in my basement, a real pong machine.

Then we got a Magnavox Odyssey which was so cool.  I used to LOVE sticking the game's graphics on the screen (google it youngsters :smileytongue:)....i was sold.

Still gaming 30+ years later :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 44 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Hooked since Atari Tank.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 44 (82 Views)
Fender Bender
3469 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

My older brother. He played lot of videogames as a kid (and still does), so he got me into them too. I still remember having the disc version of Final Fantasy 7 on PC. My brother was near the end of the game and I ruined his save somehow. :smileyvery-happy:

Other games I remember he/I played (still do! I mean, they're still awesome) were Thief: The Dark Project (I never played any further after the first mission. Those goddamn ZOMBIES! D: ), Heroes of Might and Magic 2, Little Big Adventure 2 (Maybe the first one too), Super Mario Bros, Fallout 2 (another game I STILL play a lot), Jagged Alliance 2, and all kinds of (S)NES games, like Zelda, Final Fantasies, Mega Man, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 44 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I lived in a really small town when I was little, and the only entertainment was a bar connected to a store. My grandparents also lived in the area and sometimes  they would watch me and take me to the bar where there was a shuffle bowling machine. I was 5, and got hooked. From that time, as I was able to play, I leared Pachinko, and Pin ball and other early electronic games in arcades. Then  when I was old enough I bought consoles. I stick mainly with Playstation products now, though I have owned and played others too( I played X-box, never owned it though,lol).

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 44 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 15, 2013
My neighbor had an NES, I went over there with my sister(my big sister, the neighbor was her friend)and we all played Mario Bros and this weird game with Chester Cheetah riding on a jet ski.. Anyway, from that day forward, I fell in love with video games, and it just never went away I guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 44 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Apr 16, 2013
I'd say my mom early on, then my father.

Me and my mom used to play Mario and Duck Hunt on whatever system that was on. Then when I was 5, for Christmas, I got a GameBoy.

On my birthday, in July (turned 6), I got a PS1. My first games were Lilo and Stich and Monsters Inc.. My mom played Lilo and Stitch more than I did.

When I turned 8, I got a PS2. My first game was Lord of The Rings. I played this alone. I was a HUGE Star Wars fan when I was young, so as soon as I saw Battlefront in a store, I had to have it. My father saw me playing it a few days after I got it, and he wanted to play. We were then the ultimate team. We played split screen almost every day until I was 12. The way Battlefront plays, I'm still shocked my father doesn't play PS3 or any online games.

When I was 14, as an early Christmas present, I got a PS3. My first game was Uncharted 2. I beat it at least 6 times in the first two months. That January, I convinced my parents to let me play online.

I'm now 16 and I still play the PS3, and I am saving money for the PS4.

That, is my story.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 44 (51 Views)
0 Likes