Apr 07 2014
By: Extrem3xCarn4ge Hekseville Citizen 384 posts

The 100. anyone watch that show yet? (Possible spoilers)

7 replies 150 views Edited Apr 7, 2014

The other day I found The 100 on Netflix, at first I was hesitant because it was about teenagers, but boy oh boy is it a great show! What do all you think? Good? Bad? 

the 100

Message 1 of 8 (150 Views)
Survivor
1991 posts

Re: The 100. anyone watch that show yet? (Possible spoilers)

Apr 7, 2014

Tried it. Didn't like it. My Initial reaction was Lord of the Flies! I think that's why I don't like it though. Great premise, so much potential but just doesnt live up to the expectations I put on it. Ultimately, for me, it just comes down to I don't like the characters and don't feel they behave realistically in the setting they have been placed.

Message 2 of 8 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Apr 7, 2014

It has potential.  The concept is fresh.  Worth a shot.

doc shady signature
Message 3 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I recorded the first two episodes on my DVR. Finally my spouse and I watched them before the third episode aired -- we enjoyed it. Unlike the first poster, I like it because it reminds me of "Lord of the Flies." Good cast, interesting enough characters, well made, and feels a bit out of place on the CW, compared to it's other shows -- which is a good thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the series goes. I know it's based off a book, so hopefully they have a good enough writing team to keep it fresh / interesting when there is nothing left to borrow from the source material.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 8 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Yeah, I hope it gets more intense come episode 4 on Wednesday. I am surprised it's a Netlfix Original. 

Message 5 of 8 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10168 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

I watch the show on the CW, it does have potential, and I am enjoying it so far, but we will have to see how it goes. They are also not afraid to kill off characters, as we saw last episode. I wonder when we will get to clearly see the grounders, and what other threats are around. The laws of the ark are pretty strict, the smallest crime earns the death penalty, one character even got arrested for being born. The show has interest so far.

Message 6 of 8 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Extrem3xCarn4ge wrote:

Yeah, I hope it gets more intense come episode 4 on Wednesday. I am surprised it's a Netlfix Original. 

It's not a Netflix original. It airs on the CW too.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 7 of 8 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55453 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Extrem3xCarn4ge wrote:

The other day I found The 100 on Netflix, at first I was hesitant because it was about teenagers, but boy oh boy is it a great show! What do all you think? Good? Bad? 

the 100

I've watched te first 3 episodes.  I'll give it a 7/10 for now, its going to need to work hard to stay on my TIVO's season pass.

Message 8 of 8 (91 Views)
0 Likes