PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Re: The First Playstation Game that got you into gaming???

Dec 30, 2012
Lets see, my first PS game(s). After having the N64, I was kind of growing tired of gaming (the titles on it just weren't up my alley). Went with my dad to one of his friend's houses and while they played cards, his friend let me play his PS1. This was my first time with one and the games I played while there were Bushido Blade 2, Final Fantasy VII and Soul Blade. Fell in love with the console then and got one of my own that Christmas w/ Ape Escape and a few other titles (eventually owning all 3 of those titles that got me interested).

Been mainly PS since then and it's what's kept me interested in gaming for so long.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 35 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4306 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Good grief this input box is buggy. :smileyindifferent:

Anyway, my first PS game was Beyond the Beyond back in 1997, but I actually bought the console because FF 7 was moving to Sony. As it turned out, the PS had a lot to offer in all genres - I loved King's Field after years of NES and SNES play; since then, I've gotten the PS2 and haven't really strayed because good games kept coming out.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 35 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
27979 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Crash Bandicoot. My mom's cousin had a PS1 with Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider. I Played both and got hooked. My parents brought me my own PS1 with Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider (Which at the time probably wasn't a good idea since I was 6) and I've been a PS fan ever since. 

I remember I ended up selling Tomb Raider since I couldn't get passed the part with the cave and the tiger :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 35 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 30, 2012

I had played racing games like need for speed on DS and PS2 then I got my first call of duty on PS2 and from there I was always a cod fan so I wanted a ps3 since PS2 games were about Extinct (probably didn't spell that right but o well) and I got COD for that

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 35 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Dec 30, 2012
It was a Tennis game (PS1) with its long big cover box in the early year of PS1 original console released in 1997. I couldn't recall its title name. Then, I played FF7 for the 1st time also at that time.
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 35 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31528 posts

Dec 31, 2012

when i was younger i had other systems, but i was still a little kid and really to young to "appreciate" the games. i had a SNES and Sega, aswell as a Gameboy and the other models.

it wasnt till i was older, like in early teens, for me to actually appreciate games for more than just the silly Mario and Sonic stuff i was used to. got my PS1 along with a few silly games like Captain Blasto and Gex. eventually got Spiro and Crash Bandwagon, but what really pulled me in was Final Fantasy 7, that's pretty much what kicked off my obsession with games. I got MGS1 after that and then FF8, FF9 and video games became a big part of my life. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 35 (76 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25395 posts

Dec 31, 2012

There were other systems before PlayStation. I got into gaming due to the Atari 2600.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 35 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40745 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 35 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5947 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back was my first. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 35 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11000 posts

Jan 1, 2013

The first PlayStation video game that brought me into the PlayStation Community was Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 35 (47 Views)
0 Likes