Aug 17 2014
By: GET_OUT_OF_SVER Sackboy 526 posts

The Playstation MVP system needs to be changed

101 replies 440 views Edited Aug 17, 2014

Their are certain MVP's who insult, and harass others which is a violation of the forums. 

Message 1 of 102 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5008 posts

Re: The Playstation MVP system needs to be changed

Aug 17, 2014

I'm not going to say anything about the MVP's as there are some like sweetpoison who are actually good at it.  Glacious is good to, and many others.  I do think the forums need an overhaul though.  

Message 2 of 102 (437 Views)
Big Daddy
19448 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2014

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

Their are certain MVP's who insult, and harass others which is a violation of the forums. 

if you believe that is the case

then take a screenshot picture of their comment/reply   (just in case they edited the post )

then report them  (including the screenshot) + the direct link to their comment with a mod

*at the Bottom Right corner of each post you will see "Report"- that's how you report to a mod  *pic below*

you can do the same for any user on this forums

Enjoy your stay at the PS forums Smiley Happy

Untitled.png

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 102 (425 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12380 posts

Aug 17, 2014

I just tend to ignore them now. There are a lot of them who deserve the position. Then there are others that make you scratch your head...

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 4 of 102 (417 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17875 posts

Aug 17, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

I just tend to ignore them now. There are a lot of them who deserve the position. Then there are others that make you scratch your head...

Absolutely true.

In the past, the MVP's were chosen my the moderators and administrators on this website.

I still rememeber those days too even though I was never one of them.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 5 of 102 (385 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5008 posts

Aug 17, 2014

hwhunt13 wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Absolutely true.

In the past, the MVP's were chosen my the moderators and administrators on this website.

I still rememeber those days too even though I was never one of them.

I remember those days to.  There was a time when it was pretty cool to have forum rank, but not anymore.  Not on these forums.  

Message 6 of 102 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
9711 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2014

Just because there are certain PlayStation MVPs who are obviously bad examples or are generally unpleasant doesn't mean the the program is bad as a whole. The only way for PlayStation MVPs can be removed from the program if they break the non-disclosure agreement.

There are MVPs who help post [INFO] threads in PS General (da1writer is an example), write [REVIEW] threads (GrayGargoyle is an example), create thought-provoking discussions or debates (bob-maul is an example), host events (PLYMCO-PILGRIM is an example), host game nights (SweetPoision13 is an example), or help out in Support (gkpama00 and vfr_800_rider are examples).

Also, there are PlayStation MVPs who are part of the Welcoming Committee program and they help out newcomers feel more welcome and comfortable when they join this forum board.

This is coming from a user who is currently part of the PlayStation MVP and Welcoming Committee programs and speaking from personal experience.

Message 7 of 102 (360 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Aug 17, 2014

younginflavor18 wrote:

Just because there are certain PlayStation MVPs who are obviously bad examples or are generally unpleasant doesn't mean the the program is bad as a whole. The only way for PlayStation MVPs can be removed from the program if they break the non-disclosure agreement.

There are MVPs who help post [INFO] threads in PS General (da1writer is an example), write [REVIEW] threads (GrayGargoyle is an example), create thought-provoking discussions or debates (bob-maul is an example), host events (PLYMCO-PILGRIM is an example), host game nights (SweetPoision13 is an example), or help out in Support (gkpama00 and vfr_800_rider are examples).

Also, there are PlayStation MVPs who are part of the Welcoming Committee program and they help out newcomers feel more welcome and comfortable when they join this forum board.

This is coming from a user who is currently part of the PlayStation MVP and Welcoming Committee programs and speaking from personal experience.

I never said all MVP's are bad, just that a few of them need to look at the rules, and be respectful of others.

Message 8 of 102 (344 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9711 posts

Aug 17, 2014

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

I never said all MVP's are bad, just that a few of them need to look at the rules, and be respectful of others.

I agree with you, SVER.

Also, if you believe there's an MVP who's continuing to break the forum rules and guidelines, wouldn't taking this matter to Tempest_Fire be the most appropriate thing to do, or reporting their posts to moderation?

Message 9 of 102 (332 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Aug 17, 2014

younginflavor18 wrote:

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

I agree with you, SVER.

Also, if you believe there's an MVP who's continuing to break the forum rules and guidelines, wouldn't taking this matter to Tempest_Fire be the most appropriate thing to do, or reporting their posts to moderation?

I am willing to give the person another chance, but the next time I have someone insulting me, or insulting/demeaning other people, I will report them to moderation.

Message 10 of 102 (323 Views)
0 Likes