Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
9550 posts

Re: Any Wrestling Fans Here ???

Sep 27, 2013

They killed Kane, because it was good for business.

Message 61 of 5,050 (597 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
Today's wrestling product, the actual wrestling, is much better, notably in the main event scene. But I'm a big wrestling dork and have attempted it myself

I can't take this seriously when they shove Cena down our throats as much as they do.  Cena just makes for a poor 'product' for me but what do I know?  The larger portion of the fans have been eating him up and he's WWE's Golden Boy.

I loved the past era where there was more variety to title contenders all around and when there was actual competition for the titles.  You had Angle, Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Brock, etc. going for the top titles and you got amazing matches in the tag team department from the likes of The Hardyz, The Dudleyz and Edge & Christian.  Cruiserweights provided some high flying matches as well but along the line, WWE just 'cut back'. 

Message 62 of 5,050 (595 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7212 posts

Sep 27, 2013

I'm one of those people who loved professional wrestling back in its golden days and there are plenty of wrestlers I happen to like. Yet, I choose The Rock as my fave since he has a sarcastic sense of humor when ribbing other wrestlers during his feuds with them.

As for today's wrestling, I don't have much interest in since I shift gears into other television programs. Though, I read a source that TNA Impact Wrestling is improving bit by bit with their long-term storytelling during feuds between the wrestlers, giving a certain veteran wrestler authoriative duties, making interesting kayfabes off-the-wall documentary style, and giving the X-Division and the Knockouts division equal airtime in their matches and storylines as they do with their main event talent.

Message 63 of 5,050 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2001 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

The sooner Cena retires the better. How he's been a main eventer longer than better wrestlers like Edge, British Bulldog, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and others makes no sense.

E: As for my favourite wrestler, judging by my avatar, it's Stone Cold. Whilst I've recently become a Daniel Bryan fan, what Stone Cold did back in the day firmly makes him my favourite.

Message 64 of 5,050 (599 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4794 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
Today's wrestling product, the actual wrestling, is much better, notably in the main event scene. But I'm a big wrestling dork and have attempted it myself
[...] Cruiserweights provided some high flying matches as well but along the line, WWE just 'cut back'. 

Those lines are all blurred. You now have guys wrestling/fighting each other irrespective of weight class. Case in point: Rey Mysterio and the Big Show.

No offense intended.

Wais_45 is a good guy. Super intelligent and upstanding, even if we don't always see eye to eye.

Message 65 of 5,050 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6055 posts

Sep 27, 2013

I haven't seen a wrestling match in years. I used to watch it as a youngster when I had the chance. I thought it was cool at the time.

MLP Christmas Signature photo original_zpsa667ad9b.jpg
Message 66 of 5,050 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Sep 27, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

I can't take this seriously when they shove Cena down our throats as much as they do.  Cena just makes for a poor 'product' for me but what do I know?  The larger portion of the fans have been eating him up and he's WWE's Golden Boy.

I loved the past era where there was more variety to title contenders all around and when there was actual competition for the titles.  You had Angle, Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Brock, etc. going for the top titles and you got amazing matches in the tag team department from the likes of The Hardyz, The Dudleyz and Edge & Christian.  Cruiserweights provided some high flying matches as well but along the line, WWE just 'cut back'. 

Well Cena is bad, yeah but you look at the roster now which is full of great talents. Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, Punk, Bryan. The list can go on. The people in development like Zayn, Neville, Ohno are incredible. WWE has had a huge surge in snagging up top indy wrestlers which is making the over all in ring product better. The flip side is YES, Cena is forced on us and he is irratating but when thrown in teh ring with people that can work he can pull off a decent match.

I miss cruiserweights, I do. BUt I see them coming back in some fashion, Seriously, check out the guys in NXT right now, they are more high flying than any cruiserweight of the past was. I'm a huge high flying mark but seeing guys on the indys do insane things that will NEVER happen in WWE has just curropted me and I never expect to see anything half as good in WWE. Also the crowds have smartened up this past year, its as if....actual wrestling fans attend now!

Message 67 of 5,050 (581 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Well Cena is bad, yeah but you look at the roster now which is full of great talents. Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, Punk, Bryan. The list can go on. The people in development like Zayn, Neville, Ohno are incredible. WWE has had a huge surge in snagging up top indy wrestlers which is making the over all in ring product better. The flip side is YES, Cena is forced on us and he is irratating but when thrown in teh ring with people that can work he can pull off a decent match.

I miss cruiserweights, I do. BUt I see them coming back in some fashion, Seriously, check out the guys in NXT right now, they are more high flying than any cruiserweight of the past was. I'm a huge high flying mark but seeing guys on the indys do insane things that will NEVER happen in WWE has just curropted me and I never expect to see anything half as good in WWE. Also the crowds have smartened up this past year, its as if....actual wrestling fans attend now!

I haven't done much watching in the past couple of years so I don't know what the current talent pool is like or how they're being used.  I know in the past WWE had people who had talent/potential but weren't used properly at all (Jamie Noble, Charlie Haas, etc.; just googled him and apparently Noble had to stop due to back injury and is now a producer for WWE).  I've been meaning to give RAW a watch one of these weeks but always pass it up on top of having shows cut into that time block (most recently Sleepy Hollow).

And yeah, I remember seeing some indy stuff of Evan Bourne's and a few others where they were just pulling off some crazy stuff that they don't do in WWE.

Message 68 of 5,050 (576 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Yeah I used to be huge in to indys and have a few friends that are making pretty big names for themselves in that scene but WWE is now doing what it did to ECW, any time an indy wrestler gets big they snatch them up which I am okay with. It only makes WWE's product better, much rather see real talent and not some muscle bound homegrown hacks.
Message 69 of 5,050 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9765 posts

Sep 27, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

The sooner Cena retires the better. How he's been a main eventer longer than better wrestlers like Edge, British Bulldog, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and others makes no sense.

E: As for my favourite wrestler, judging by my avatar, it's Stone Cold. Whilst I've recently become a Daniel Bryan fan, what Stone Cold did back in the day firmly makes him my favourite.

Agree on Cena, he basically does the same moves and is pretty predictable in the ring. I hope when he does retire, he doesn't do a Hogan and return when he's in his 50's.

Message 70 of 5,050 (567 Views)
0 Likes