Highlighted
Apr 05 2013
By: itsnotozzyitsozz Uncharted Territory 1468 posts

Top 10 weirdest discovered sea creatures

[ Edited ]
15 replies 2556 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

I've always been into the weird, specially when it comes to life forms. From aliens, to mythical creatures right here on earth, if its weird and abnormal, count me in.

Sea creatures are one of my fav to study, I love reading about mythical sea monsters, so, I found this, these are REAL discovered creatures. It surprises me what we find in our waters, which, may I remind you, takes up about 80% of the world and we've only discovered about 30% of the ocean, and we've already found these weird creatures that lurk beneah. Wonder what else will pop up out of the waters...hmmm...prehistoric nessie anyone?

Edit: New link due to the other one being a bit silly, this one has the top 33: http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental-news/latest/strange-sea-animals-2#slide-1

Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 16 (2,556 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: Top 10 weirdest discovered sea creatures

Apr 5, 2013
no nessie...it don't exist no matter how much you want it to dudeSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 16 (2,529 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Not nessie per say, but a prehistoric like creature who looks similar may or may not exist in the ocean or lakes. We aren't able to go down so far in the depths of the blue to figure out if other things exist or not. The deeper we get, the weirder things we find.

A giant prehistoric snake like cretaure? I think its possible, or has been possible in the last 100 years.

Take alligators for example, now, lets pretend, just pretend, that we never got the chance to discover these beasts. Now, lets say people start reporting a prehistoric lizard with razor sharp teeth, and dark black eyes, coming out of swamps attacking people. If we never discovered these creatures, then sure, it would sound ridiculous and almost impossible to comprehend, but the fact is that these creatures WERE discovered, which just shows how much weird creatures COULD exist in the depths of the waters that we haven't been able to discover yet, and may never will. Possibility. Now, a lochness monster? A prehistoric sea animal still alive? That possibly looks like the loch monster than has been sighted? Yes, it could be possible. If not, maybe an ancestor of it? Its highly possible with the things that we already have found.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 16 (2,525 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Vipership

Axolotl

Frilled Shark

Anglerfish

Off the coast of Japan (they have the weirdest fish)

The Exquisite sea urchin

Fang Tooth

Gulper Eel

Long Nose Chimaera

Crab anyone?

Believe this beast used to roam our oceans?

Message 4 of 16 (2,523 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Nice, nice. Some of these I have never seen before. Love the urchin from japan! Also, I agree, Asia in general has weird creatures, including humans.

Message 5 of 16 (2,517 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6751 posts

Apr 5, 2013

I love sea creatures... especially the weird deep sea ones!! I recently went to Monterey Bay Aquarium and saw loads of jellyfish, squid and octopi! I was like a kid in a candy shop! 

I especially love these guys:

vampire-squid-11.jpg

Vampire Squid ^^

yeti-crab.jpg

Yeti Crab ^^

<3!

Message 6 of 16 (2,515 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Ha, I saw the yeti crab before, it's def a weird one. Wouldn't wanna eat it and get a hairball stuck in my throat, though.

Message 7 of 16 (2,503 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11241 posts

Apr 5, 2013
MERMAIDS! :0

Message 8 of 16 (2,494 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Sea angels, in the article I posted, are prob the closest we have come to finding a mermaid like creature...or maybe not? Let me do some quick researching in a bit.

But, nonetheless, sea angels are very out of this world looking creatures.

Message 9 of 16 (2,491 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Sea Angels?!?

I would have to see that with my own eyes to believe that.

Mermaids = Not real

Nessy = Not real (possibly used to be)

Megladon = Not real (Possibly used to be)

Even though I am jumping the gun because as of now we only explored about 3% of OUR worlds oceans!!! 

Can you believe that?! We know more about the Moon than we do our own planet!

Message 10 of 16 (2,488 Views)
0 Likes