Welcoming Committee
32445 posts

Re: Anyone going to watch True Blood?

Aug 20, 2012

Wow.  Russel just ranked up a few by drinking that turbocharged fairy blood.  It's blowing my mind.  And I figured as soon as he did he would be able to see their hideout.

Sam asked Pam to help Luna.  Who's Luna?  And will she help?  She probably will I'm thinking.

Tara is all alone at Fangtasia.  That has to be intimidating.  But then she's Tara.

Lilith - enticing everyone to be "The One".  Chaos is inevitable.   Bill is the closest to seeing the big picture.  I think if I was him, I would attack Lilith like she attacked Godric.  If she really is Lilith, he has no chance.  She's more uber than Russel Edgington.  But if she's a vision or an illusion he might be able to conquer it.  We had better find out eventually one way or the other if she's real or fake.

Please use plain text.
Message 1171 of 1,197 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41015 posts

Aug 20, 2012

I'm entirely confused on just what the Elder was doing.  They had agreed on the plan to lure Russell there and take him on as one but when the time came, she didn't want anyone else involved and went out there by herself and got killed.  What was her plan? :smileyindifferent:  And was she the last?  The Vampire speed really does in a lot of the other species on the supe chain as Russell was able to dodge behind her.  Not only that, but she also just doomed her own people by letting Russell feed on her and seeing their dimension.  An interesting theory I've seen (on GAF) about Rolo/Warlow is that he may be in another dimension like the Elder was planning to do to Russell.  I'm now wondering how they'll deal with Russell.  The Authority believes Lilith will deal with it/that they're on the right path and we know Sookie & Co. can't deal with it so...what are the chances Rolo/Warlow comes into play?  Sookie 'belongs' to him so if he is in another dimension, maybe Sookie can journey there and make a new deal with him to deal with Russell.  I also find it entirely funny still how she was blowing her 'light' a few episodes back and since then, it's been emphasized how precious/needed it is on her part.

Andy...stepped in it.  It didn't click with me that Marella (?) was the one that Andy slept with.  So freaking funny when she walked in with Terry & Arlene sitting there and when he's got things going good with Holly at that.  Now he's got to keep his word on a 'light pact' to keep some bad from happening and he's got a kid out of it too.

Bill is all sorts of crazy now.  I wonder if what Pam said is true though about the whole nesting mentality messing with them and that's what the whole Lilith thing is about.  The blood in the vial probably just ends up amplifying whatever is going on.  We know 2 other Chancellors other than Bill were supposedly 'chosen' by Lilith as well and Bill offed one of them.  Lilith seems to be nothing more than a herald for a age of chaos if things keep going the way they do.  She's having the Authority kill themselves off till they're down to 1 and the wheels are already in motion for a war between Vampires & Humans.  Eric & Norah have run and Eric really does look a mess now (he looks paler).

Killed a sheriff that just so happened to be the offspring of one of the Chancellors.  Nice.  Said Chancellor personally shows up to check and Jessica happens to be there too.  Everyone is just getting in trouble.  So now Pam, Sam and Luna are captured.  Sam is going to try and reason with Bill and asked Pam to watch out for Luna.  Everything is all coming together with everyone's story.  I wouldn't be surprised if Russell takes some of the fae back to the Authority to show them what they can have and to tell them to start trying to synthesize their blood with Sookie being one of the captured.  Cue Bill possibly coming back around.

Alcide ends up saving a neighbor from 3 Vampires, with his dad taking down one as well.  Something about his dad being kicked from the role of Pack master after stealing money.  Wonder if he's covering for someone else.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 1172 of 1,197 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32445 posts

Aug 21, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

I'm entirely confused on just what the Elder was doing.  They had agreed on the plan to lure Russell there and take him on as one but when the time came, she didn't want anyone else involved and went out there by herself and got killed.  What was her plan?

I forgot to mention my theories about this.  And remember there's only one episode left with a WHOLE LOT to resolve, so we might not find out for sure until next season.

First off, I'm not sure the Elder is dead.  It looked like she died.  She sure seemed to get ganked.  But something keeps bugging me about her "death".  They kept saying how she operates on multiple frequencies.  What does that mean?  Could it mean that Russel only killed one of her "frequencies"?  By the way she went out there and practically committed suicide, I would think this to be the case.

a. One possibility is that she wanted the new generation of fairies to toughen up and defeat Russel without her help.  Maybe she's tired of having to protect them from every bump and bruise.

b. It could be that pure fairy blood, especially her blood, will somehow destroy Russel.  Maybe it will burn him out from within.  Maybe it will allow her to take him over like a spirit possession.

c. Maybe her blood will turn Russel good.  Now he's the protector of the fairies.

d. She might return in several different frequencies at once.  She surrounds Russel.  Speed doesn't help him.  He's immune to normal fairy blasts, but not hers.

e. It's possible that if Russel abducts Sookie, this somehow obeys the letter of the contract with Marlow, while somehow protecting her.  It could be all about the contract.

Please use plain text.
Message 1173 of 1,197 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Save Yourself

Eric gets his revenge on Russel yay!!! glad he is finally gone.

Sam was almost Bills breakfast. and breeched the vampire league

Jason keeps seeing his dead parents and Eric is begging for help from Sookie to help Bill.

Jason is going to go with Eric, Norah Sookie and Tara into the nest.

Bill sent his whole army to look for shifters and then said to Solomne that she was the chosen

Sam tells Luna about the ventilation ducts and that just to save herself if needed.

Pam and Jessica are talking in cells, and Alicide and his dad share some words over their kill on the bbq.

then Marnee shows up with Jessie who is totally OD'd on vamp J

Sam and Sookie go shopping and Jason tells Sookie that if he has to kill bill, he will

Alicide learns that silver in wolves systems can get back a fair fight

Sam is planning something to get out

and Layfette is getting Holly and Arlene drinking and Andy is trying to break the news about his pregnant Faiiry

and then she goes and has her light break in the bar???

Solomne and Bill have a moment

and Sookie and Jason have a talk while driving out to the vamp nest. talking about what they deserve and how they shouldnt think about being happy then Eric pops down from the roof

Holly helps birth not one baby but more??? 4!!!

Newland goes to get emma and it's not Newland!

Andy gets stuck with 4 lil girls

Alicide goes and talks to JD well, as best as he can. and chooses pack.

Eric comes back with Sookie in tow. And Bill doesnt look pleased

Luna winds up shifting back into herself on tv and Sam come to the rescue in the mouth of the other and blows herself up from the inside!!! Awesome!!!

Luna doesnt look good though :smileysad:

Salomne gets ready to drink the vial

as the same time everyone gets off the elevator. Jason is one vamp killing spree!

Eric and Norah have some fun killing vamps and Tara and Sookie go get Jessica and Tara and Pam have a moment. well well....

Jessica was funny with her " I KNEW IT" :smileyvery-happy:

Bill and Salmone talk about drinking all the blood and what it will do. Salmone drinks it all...

Sookie, Pam, Jason, Tara come out and Jason tells Jessica he can never love her

Salmone has been poisoned by Bill by silver with fake lillith blood. while Billd hols the real Lillith blood in his hands

Sookie is trying to get thru to Bill, and he tells her, that that vampires turn on ones they love the most.

and then.... he was gone in a pile of goone and came back as the wild god lillith....

REALLY interesting ending. now where do they go from here????

Please use plain text.
Message 1174 of 1,197 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32445 posts

Aug 27, 2012

The parts that really surprised me:

I expected Russel to put up much more of a fight.  Eric staked in instantly.  At first it looked like it didn't do anything but then SPLOOSH!  All I can say is... about freaking time.

Meanwhile I'm keeping a mental count of who the most powerful vampire is.  It was Russel.  Now it's Salome.  She's twice as old as Eric.

Once night fell I don't see why they had the three vamps in those light-tight containers.  Let them out already.  BTW I enjoyed the hatred between Jason and Eric at Sookie's house.

I dunno what Andy is going to do.  4 new kids and he's trying to date?  Try talking your way out of that one, James Bond.

I gotta say, there were more vampires killed in this one episode than perhaps the whole series up until now.  I completely lost count with Jason.  And then Eric/Nora took out so many guards.  It wasn't a good night to be a bloodsucker.

I knew that Newland was really Luna.  She turned into Sam a while back.  She's a skinwalker.  But it tears her up to do it.  And remember she got shot just a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure she's going to make it.

Newland/Luna announcing the existence of The Authority on national TV.  That's going to cause problems for sure.

I figured Sam would go down Barbara's throat* and turn back into a human to destroy her.  Still it was a nice effect.

*I call her Barbara because that's her character on Cougar Town.  I kept forgetting her name on True Blood.  I suppose I won't need to remember it now.

There's not much left of The Authority.  Bill and Salome.  Eric and Nora, but they're both traitors.  Rev. Newland, but he's useless without the others.

Bill ganks Salome.  That makes Eric the most powerful one, perhaps the most powerful vampire in the world.  Nora is second, then Pam, then Bill.  The rest are baby vamps.  So much for telling yourself, "I'm going to live forever."  The empirical evidence says otherwise.

Bill drinks the Lilith blood and kerplodes.  But wait, that was too easy.  There's an ominously familiar looking pool of blood where he stood.  You don't think... Yep.  Sure enough he rises from the blood just like Lilith did.  Ouch.

OK so I think I need to change the order now.  Bill - most powerful, then Eric, Nora, and Pam.

Holy cow.  Where can the story possibly go from here?  Bill has become a vampire-god.  There's no need for The Authority any more.  Bill is the new Lilith.  He's his own Authority.

And sadly, no previews for next week's episode.  There is no next week's episode.  We're going to have to wait for what - about a year?  Next June or something?  It's just not fair I tell you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1175 of 1,197 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Next June seems so far away at this point. Alicide as a new packmaster still has nothing on a new vampire God. Sam and Luna and al shifters STILL have nothing on a new vampire god. Where are they gonna go from here??? It's insane.

Please use plain text.
Message 1176 of 1,197 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32445 posts

Aug 27, 2012

PS_mom wrote:

Next June seems so far away at this point. Alicide as a new packmaster still has nothing on a new vampire God. Sam and Luna and al shifters STILL have nothing on a new vampire god. Where are they gonna go from here??? It's insane.

Also we haven't seen anyone free Sam and Luna yet have we?  They can probably get out if the door is open.  Just fly out.  But last I remember they were in that television studio with Luna having such a bad reaction to skin walking.

I have a feeling the actress might have another gig lined up after all this attention from True Blood.

As you may recall, she played Deputy Turner on The Gates (a True Blood rip-off) and Shiva on The League.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1232470/

They probably promised her a starring role on some stupid new show that will go belly-up within 5 episodes, get herself typecast, and it's too late to come back to True Blood because her character got killed off.

The other hot girl on The Gates (Rhona Mitra) did pretty much the same thing.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0593961/

She showed up on Stargate: Universe, as one of the few good plot twists in the series, and tried to take over the ship.  She got a job at The Gates during the season break and her SGU character was just plain killed off.  I think The Gates got canceled before Stargate: Universe did.

I hope Luna doesn't go out the same way.  She survived infiltrating The Authority.  Now she's just going to die from a bad reaction to skin walking?  It's just not fair.

Just to give you an update, I was pretty much stonewalled at first, but after pushing a little more, spec said that the only picture he made was one with pep's face on a car, which I've never even seen. As far as those wanted posters go, I know this is going to sound messed up, but I believe him that they didn't do it. That **bleep** guy is pretty much the first to take credit for anything he even remotely has something to do with. I'm still going to ask about it, just not as hard, unless hes really going to push. In which case, do you care if I make up something about a mod forum, and general consensus is that they did it? I think he wants to come back, but I don't know. I'm just spit balling lol

If you want my opinion, that wanted poster thing looked more like something that Fetus/DustyKnife would come up with. I'm not trying to dangle cheese or anything, just saying.
Please use plain text.
Message 1177 of 1,197 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32445 posts

Re: **True Blood Discussion Thread** (title change)

Aug 27, 2012

I hereby declare the new Bill/Lilith hybrid to be a Hollywood power couple.

And his name is "Billeth".

Please use plain text.
Message 1178 of 1,197 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41015 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Eric gets his payback on Russell, FINALLY!  And saves the fae in the process while Russell was distracted by them.  So he's finally out of the picture.  And :smileylol: at Eric having to keep a hold on Norah and tell her not to eat Sookie.  Don't really like Jason's current attitude though after his light blast.  He was seeing his parents before but now he's gone over the edge with them talking to him about hating Vampires.

Bill is just so much of a snake.  It's apparent he's power driven (earlier on for his role in getting to become the new King and then joining up with the Authority and trying to rise in power there which ends with him becoming the new 'Lilith') but I'm wondering at what point he became so good at it.  Bend a knee here and there and then just screw over anyone and everyone else to get to that top spot.  I assumed he was just playing the lesser role when he bowed down to Salome.  He knew if Lilith appeared to him and another Chancellor, she most likely appeared the others as well.  So he plays like Salome is the chosen one and gets in close to her.  The entire time, he's changed out the blood and really wasn't going to stand against her in a full on fight because of her age (which is why he let Eric & Sookie in cause of Eric's own age + Sookie Light Bright powers).  I was happy that he 'died' but then that went up in smoke.  I was expecting 'Lilith' to rise from the pool of blood and not a blood covered Bill.

Emma is back with Luna but I have a bad feeling as to how much longer Luna is going to stick around :smileysad:  The skinwalking is taking it's toll on her and she's been shot to boot so that can't be too good on the wound healing.  Was wondering how they were going to deal with the other Chancellor once Luna was exposed but Sam took care of that.  Fly into her mouth and shift.  SPLAT!  I'm hoping for the best with Luna though :smileysad:

Alcide is now Pack Master.  Good for him and he's got his dad at his back.  Guess the theory about his dad and V (in some relation) wasn't too far off, just that his dad wasn't going to use it this time and Alcide seeing that he would have to to actually save the pack.  He put his morals aside for this one time for the greater good of the pack.  Really interested in seeing where this story goes now, since the pack doesn't have to worry about Russell now.  Alcide's dad can probably join up now and have a pack again as well.

So Pam and Tara are a thing now.  Just had to laugh at Sookie and Jessica's reactions: "Oh, OK" & "I knew it!".  Pam has been the saving grace to getting Tara's character on track for me.  The banter between them and how they treat each other has done wonders for making her tolerable for me.  Keep in that direction writers.  Also like how Eric just pointed out that Tara was family to him now too.

Oh boy Andy...SMH.  4 baby girls to take care of now as part of your light pact.  And Marella is leaving them entirely in your care.  Holly's reaction to all this seemed pretty...tame to me.  I know she's mad about all of it but she seems pretty leveled about it all as well.  The 4 new baby girls in Andy's life are obviously going to be a road block to their relationship along with I assume Holly wanting to know about the fae (or it being a bit lesser on her list of worries) but, I don't know.  I can see things coming around for Andy & Holly as I have been enjoying their relationship as the season has gone on.  It's just the introduction of 4 kids, which I'm sure are going to grow up fast, is going to strain things.  Also, we need more of this 'old' Lafayette with the usual attitude.  It's only his recent reappearance have I realized how much I've missed this side of him.

UGH!  June of next year?  So freaking long :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 1179 of 1,197 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41015 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Saw this linked on GAF.  A 'deleted' scene just after Sookie & Eric leave the gang to go up on the elevator.  Jason says "I'm coming for you Warlow" and Norah, standing behind him says, "Warlow?  What do you know about Warlow?".  So she knows who he is:

What are the chances he's some other 'Vampire biblical' figure that could do battle with Lilith's new incarnation?  Or that he's just some ancient Vampire that can close the new power gap?  Since my dealing with Russell theory is gone, I guess they could still use his contract for Sookie to get him to deal with the new Bill/Lilith.

Please use plain text.
Message 1180 of 1,197 (93 Views)