Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 10 2014
By: TorpidVizion Monster Hunter 29 posts

Ultimate close quarters weapon? What would you pick?

23 replies 182 views Edited Jul 10, 2014

Ok, so, we talk about firearms, tasers and knives all the time. Things to carry for self defense. Well, my personal favorite self defense weapon would be a blackjack(Although illegal to carry atleast here in PA, don't know about other states laws) . It seems to have the most stopping power of all close quarters weapons. A knife can cut the crap out of someone and they don't even realize it. People get shot with 45s and keep going. Granted, these people may die shortly thereafter, but while the struggle is going on, they are still on you, and still hurting you. I remember reading on another forum how one of the reasons police carry the plastic or synthetic nightsticks now is because of the damage the old wooden billy clubs incurred. Broken arms, broken legs, etc. Blunt force trauma, to a very high degree, is a greater deterent then the cut of a blade, or a small bullet.  Again, I am not talking lethality, I am talking stopping power. A blackjack will pretty much destroy anything it touches. Granted, a little training is in order, but that's true of ALL weapons. Targeted at knees, collar bones, or elbows, and it will render the attacker pretty useless. Target the head repeatedly, and it's over. Target the back/base of the head it's lights out. Again, there is a compromise. You have to get within arm's range to use one, but sometimes, it's where the fight happens plus you can always carry a knife in the other hand if an attacker get close enough. . So, what do you guys think of blackjacks/slapjacks? Or what would you pick for a SDW. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14392 posts

Re: Ultimate close quarters weapon? What would you pick?

Jul 10, 2014

If someone was legitimately threatening me... I wouldn't take the time to beat them

3qw4

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Jul 10, 2014

yep

chronicles of riddick daggers

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Jul 10, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

If someone was legitimately threatening me... I wouldn't take the time to beat them

3qw4

Understandable, but we're not talking about lethality more so stopping power. I guess both go hand in hand. Oh well, I still stick by what I said where I would rather swing for the fences and beat someone over being threatened. I don't know what that says about me, lol. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1139 posts

Jul 10, 2014
Myself.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (159 Views)
Gaming Beast
2086 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

A baton.

I'll keep it in my sleeve. I'll put my arms up and when they get close, I'll then whip out my long baton and hit them with it.

I Then will proceed to take out my other baton under my sleeve and penetrate their bones with it.

You all know exactly what kind of baton I'm talking about.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jul 10, 2014

Don't tase me bro!

How is a taser not the best for close combat stopping power?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47869 posts

Jul 10, 2014

TorpidVizion wrote:

Ok, so, we talk about firearms, tasers and knives all the time. Things to carry for self defense. Well, my personal favorite self defense weapon would be a blackjack(Although illegal to carry atleast here in PA, don't know about other states laws) . It seems to have the most stopping power of all close quarters weapons. A knife can cut the crap out of someone and they don't even realize it. People get shot with 45s and keep going. Granted, these people may die shortly thereafter, but while the struggle is going on, they are still on you, and still hurting you. I remember reading on another forum how one of the reasons police carry the plastic or synthetic nightsticks now is because of the damage the old wooden billy clubs incurred. Broken arms, broken legs, etc. Blunt force trauma, to a very high degree, is a greater deterent then the cut of a blade, or a small bullet.  Again, I am not talking lethality, I am talking stopping power. A blackjack will pretty much destroy anything it touches. Granted, a little training is in order, but that's true of ALL weapons. Targeted at knees, collar bones, or elbows, and it will render the attacker pretty useless. Target the head repeatedly, and it's over. Target the back/base of the head it's lights out. Again, there is a compromise. You have to get within arm's range to use one, but sometimes, it's where the fight happens plus you can always carry a knife in the other hand if an attacker get close enough. . So, what do you guys think of blackjacks/slapjacks? Or what would you pick for a SDW. 

If you are meaning something I could carry on me for close quaters defense it would by any large caliber compact pistol or revolver.    If you just mean in general a shotgun works :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5162 posts

Jul 10, 2014
Ive almost always got a pocket knife or three in my pockets. Not a huge fan of tasers unless its the projectile type. All a person has to do is grab your arm and the electricity flows right through them and back to you.

Gun is definitely the ultimate winner, but thats only for people who are permitted to carry them everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

hobo soda.jpg

Nobody is gonna go after you at close range when you're throwing around this 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (120 Views)