Highlighted
Aug 11 2013
By: younginflavor18 MVP Support 13899 posts

Underrated games that are overlooked, yet considering on buying and playing in the future.

48 replies 311 views Edited Aug 11, 2013

There are video games that are pretty great but are overlooked by the public, even if they're higher quality than the well-known gaming franchises and have very unique art style and gameplay mechanics that makes them interestingly worth playing over and over again.

Now I'm asking y'all this, what obscure games you're looking forward to try out and see if they're worth buying and playing from your perspective?

I'll begin with my list of lesser known games I'm planning on buying and playing sometime in the future because they are the game titles I missed out on and never got the chance.

15. Anarachy Reigns

Anarchy Reigns

14. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise

Heroes' Paradise V2

13. Enslaved: Oddysey to the West

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

12. Darksiders

Darksiders

11. Darksiders 2

Darksiders 2

10. Catherine

Catherine

9. Lollipop Chainsaw

Lollipop Chainsaw

8. Vanquish

Vanquish

7. Bulletstorm

Bulletstorm

6. Brutal Legends

Brutal Legend

5. Portal 2

Portal 2

4. Bayonetta

Bayonetta

3. Rayman Origins

Rayman Origins

2. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection

1. Heavenly Sword

Heavenly Sword

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 1 of 49 (311 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: Underrated games that are overlooked, yet considering on buying and playing in the future.

Aug 11, 2013

You have almost all of my choices. Catherine and Enslaved are big ones.

And Folklore. I am mad that I have never played it

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 49 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Re: Underrated games that are overlooked, yet considering on buying and playing in the future.

Aug 11, 2013
Call of booty
Message 3 of 49 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Ummm Hello? You forgot Wet.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 4 of 49 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Aug 11, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

That game's demo was interesting. As was:

Fracture_front.jpg

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 5 of 49 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 11, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

That game's demo was interesting. As was:

Yeah I played the hell out of the demo. The music was addicting aswell!

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 6 of 49 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Heavenly Sword is fantastic, I love Nariko Heart

I remember ages ago, EU got BulletStorm on PS+, I tried it then and I absolutely loved it. It's great fun and I highly recommend you guys try it out if you can pick it up cheap.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 7 of 49 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Lollipop Chainsaw..... where do I even begin with that game? I was really looking forward to it's release, I picked it up when it came out. Played it once and never touched it again. It's a stupid game, just constant waves of zombies. I never liked it at all.

One game that I love that I think is very underrated has to be SSX. One of my all time favorite games, I've started playing it again this past week. I actually forgot just how good a game it actually is. You even get to stream your own music from your HDD when playing.

SSX2012VIDEOGAME.jpg

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 8 of 49 (280 Views)
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Aug 11, 2013

I'm not sure I'd consider the game obscure or not, because I've been aware of it for quite awhile. But, Remember Me is one such game I'd like to try that doesn't have the most positive light stemming from critics.

Message 9 of 49 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Lollipop Chainsaw..... where do I even begin with that game? I was really looking forward to it's release, I picked it up when it came out. Played it once and never touched it again. It's a stupid game, just constant waves of zombies. I never liked it at all.

One game that I love that I think is very underrated has to be SSX. One of my all time favorite games, I've started playing it again this past week. I actually forgot just how good a game it actually is. You even get to stream your own music from your HDD when playing.

SSX2012VIDEOGAME.jpg

I wanna play it so bad. I spend to much money Smiley Tongue 

FiveFourteen
Message 10 of 49 (275 Views)
0 Likes