Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (January 13th to January 19th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(January 13th, 2013 to January 19th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Your Favorite Metal Gear Solid

By StevensonJosh on 01-14-2013 at 07:55 AM Pacific

What is your favorite video game from the Metal Gear Solid series? Leave some comments here!

Post of the Week

Persona 4 Golden Trophy Guide

By PapaWarlock on 01-16-2013 at 12:52 PM Pacific

Check out this trophy guide if you would like some help snagging some trophies in Persona 4 Golden.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to JERM7 for earning this rank! This user has been very active, engaged, and helpful in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(JERM7)

Q: What is your favorite video game genre? Why is it your favorite?

A: I'll have to go with RPGs.  I try to play a variety of games, but RPGs can have a great value to them, a huge amount of content as well as great stories.  It always feels great in any game to become more powerful; I especially like when it is highly customizable.  The length can also be a drawback though, so I tend to play shorter games to try and clear my backlog while playing an RPG or two (currently, the PSP's Persona 1 on my Vita) at the same time.

Q: What is your most memorable PlayStation experience? Describe it for us!

A: This is a tough one.  I'm going to go with the first day I owned a PS3.  I had always planned on getting one, but when I actually picked it up, it was basically an impulse buy.  I got Rock Band and GTA4 (which had just released) and spent the day playing GTA4 first and later Rock Band with friends.  I also have to mention when I got my 42 in. HD TV about a month later, along with a few more games.  Soul Calibur 4 on my new TV really blew me away.  I spent way too much money that year :smileywink:.

Q: Which PlayStation video game are you looking forward to the most right now?

A: Right now it's "The Last of Us."  A very close second is "Beyond: Two Souls" simply because it seems like it will release later, and I don't know (and don't want to know! until I play it) as much about it.  I woud love to try Ni No Kuni someday, but it will have to wait :smileysad:.

Q: Who is your favorite first party video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Definitely Naughty Dog.  I believe the Uncharted series is the best reason to own a PS3 over any other system.  They also have a strong history with Playstation.  When I bought my PS1, Crash Bandicoot 2 was one of the games I bought with it.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: It's kind of cheating, but I'd have to go with Rock Band (series).  The genre isn't as big as it was, but it's my favorite way to listen to songs I love.  I usually play guitar (expert) while singing (medium or expert, if I know the song well). For original game music the decision is too difficult, but I've been listening to the Valkyria Chronicles soundtrack recently and it's excellent.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, JERM7!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 83 (1,833 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (January 20th to January 26th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(January 20th, 2013 to January 26th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

“Tapping Out” of Certain Game Series

By moblesuit75 on 01-23-2013 at 01:55 PM Pacific

Which video game series do you no longer purchase video games from? Elaborate on your reasons if you like.

Post of the Week

Re: Should RPGs be Shorter?

By GrayGargoyle on 01-21-2013 at 08:45 AM Pacific

Do you think role-playing games need to be 50+ hour investments of your time? Leave your thoughts in this thread.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Conrad_Max for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the PlayStation Home sections.

Member Spotlight

(Conrad_Max)

A: I play games dealing with horror, fantasy, mystery and high adventure. And if I have a choice of characters, I choose to play the ones with no magic or superhuman powers. And in order to survive, or solve the mystery, they have to rely on their intelligence and whatever weapon they can find, whether a toothpick or a bazooka. Basically, what would I do if I were thrown into the fantastic circumstances of the game's protagonist(s)? But I won't shy away from using characters with the above mentioned special abilities if my choice(s) were limited to them.

A: 

1) Discovering Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid.

2) Discovering the world of Norrath in EverQuest Online Adventures on the PS2. It was great being able to do quests with thousands of strangers (some would become friends). In fact, my wife and stepson adventured with me in EQOA. It's a shame that it finally ended after years of exploring and adventuring.

3) Seeing the PlayStation Home promotional video and finally logging into it after waiting for months. When I first saw the video, I told myself, and my wife, that I had to be a part of that community. And now I am. It's great being able to interact with other PlayStation users and to play many of the games has to offer.

A: The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros and Bioshock Infinity.

Q: Who is your favorite video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: This is tough, and I hate picking favorites. But Konami has been great for years. For me, personally, it started with Snatcher (on my Sega CD). And then the Metal Gear Solid series. There are others... And of course, the many Developers of PlayStation Home: Heavy Water, Lockwood, Granzella and nDreams come to mind. There are others here, too. I enjoy them all. They are all of my favorites if they can keep me happy and occupied.

Q: What is your favorite soundtrack from a PlayStation video game? What are some of your favorite tracks from it?

A: The Metal Gear Solid franchise has always had great music. Ico. Actually a lot of the games I like have great music. I especially like the song "Who Do You Voodoo...?" in Dead Island. But my favorite soundtrack is all of the music from L.A. Noir, because I like older music and... I collect old radio shows, of which one series was featured in the game. The Honeymoon Is Over, or otherwise known as The Bickersons with Don Ameche and Francis Langford. That was comedy.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Conrad_Max!

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 83 (1,754 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights Program (January 27th to February 2nd)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(January 27th, 2013 to February 2nd, 2013)

Thread of the Week

What makes you watch a gaming video?

By Asraik on 02-01-2013 at 03:48 PM Pacific

What kinds of gaming videos attract you to someone’s YouTube Channel? Post your preferences.

Post of the Week

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - My Review

By PapaWarlock on 01-28-2013 at 01:22 PM Pacific

Check out PapaWarlock's review for the newly released PS3 video game, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Aureilia for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the Naughty Dog sections.

Member Spotlight

(Aureilia)

A: Survival Horror, I loved the older Resident Evil titles, I loved Fatal Frame, Fear and games similar to those, I really enjoy the emotions of fear and tension that these games can offer you!

A: The day Quantic Dream started making games for the PlayStation, that was an awesome dream come true, now only if Sony would fund Shenmue 3 we'd be in serious business. :smileyhappy:

A: I have two, can't handle just one!

Beyond - Two Souls: I really trust the developers at Quantic Dream.

Tomb Raider - I don't trust them. haha, I just think it looks really good.

Q: Who is your favorite first party video game developer for PlayStation? Why is this developer your favorite?

A: Quantic Dream, I love everything they do with games, the innovative concept of a cinema style video game is an excellent idea, the previous game before Heavy Rain was Indigo Prophecy which I would also highly recommend it's like Heavy Rain in some ways but not in others, It's still a fantastic game though and I've been a fan since that game. The scripts written by David Cage are exceptional, he doesn't get enough credit at all.

Definately a David Cage and Quantic Dream fangirl.

A: Yakuza 4's main install theme is fantastic, I believe it's called For Faith. Could be wrong though but it's a kickass theme anyway!

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Aureilia!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 83 (1,655 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 3rd to February 9th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(February 3rd, 2013 to February 9th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Devs/Pubs This Gen: Your Thoughts/Grades/Opinions?

By SlashZaku on 02-07-2013 at 12:59 AM Pacific

What do you think about certain video game developers and publishers in this console generation? Leave some comments.

Post of the Week

The Uncharted 3 Multiplayer NOSTALGIA Thread

By AliMakaveli on 02-07-2013 at 04:50 AM Pacific

Check out AliMakaveli's most memorable moments with Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and members of the Uncharted Community.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to HeavensLightfire for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(HeavensLightfire)

A: Definitely Adventure Games. I love diving into a good solid adventure story, exploring the unknown, finding treasures, and basically discovering unique items and plot twists that I absolutely love!

A: The Last of Us!! Omg I really want to play this game so bad!! Can't wait till it comes out!!!

A: Favorite developer hmm...I'm going to say Naughty Dog. I choose them because I was so impressed with the work they put out on the Uncharted series and they make a PlayStation stand out against the 360. I do think Naughty Dog has done a good job in the past with their feedback. Some people right now may beg to differ.

A: No question, the Uncharted 3 soundtrack. It's one of the best that I have heard in a long time, but it can get repetitive. My favorite track has to be 02 - Atlantis of the Sands!

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, HeavensLightfire!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 83 (1,605 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 10th to February 16th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(February 10th, 2013 to February 16th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Is Survival Horror the Ultimate Campaign Rental?

By DNG-PaasDieJonco on 02-13-2013 at 04:15 AM Pacific

Are you more likely to trade-in survival horror video games than any other video games? Leave some comments.

Post of the Week

SLEAZE_IT_UP's - UC3 - CO-OP ARENA - TOURNAMENT

By SLEAZE_IT_UP on 02-13-2013 at 04:06 AM Pacific

Check out this thread if you are interested in participating in an Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Co-op Arena Tournament.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to the_original_se for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the MGS and PS Home sections.

Member Spotlight

(the_original_se)

A: I'd have to go with Action Adventure. It's a tough question to answer though, as I have many favorite games and series that stretch over many genres, but Action Adventure seems to be the best, even more so in this current gen.

A: It was probably in 2011 when I got an E3 ticket from the PS Blog. First time I've ever gone and it was such an incredible event, even if E3 2011 was a lackluster year it was still awesome to go. All the overly decorated booths and the scarce boothbabe here and there. :smileyvery-happy:

A: Either Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes or The Last of Us. Last of Us looks absolutely fantastic and I cant wait; but Im sure with another trailer for Ground Zeroes my anticipation for it will top The Last of Us'.

A: Favorite 1st part developer would have to be either Naughty Dog or Media Molecule. Love the Uncharted series, and as stated above The Last of Us looks amazing. But with Media Molecule we have Little Big Planet which is fantastic aswell, and I am also looking forward to their new Vita game, Tearaway.

Favorite 3rd part dev would have to be Kojima Productions. Metal Gear Solid, 'nuf said. :smileytongue:

A: This is another tough question. So many great OST's out there. I can't just choose one game, but I'll go with the entire MGS series (and if you can't tell, I really like MGS). The series has some of the best songs of any games. Of course you have the iconic "MGS Theme", as well as "Snake Eater" from MGS3. I also like "Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday" from MGS2, the "Love Theme" from MGS4, "Heavens Divide" from Peace Walker and "Calling to the Night" from Portable Ops.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, the_original_se!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 83 (1,537 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 17th to February 23rd)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(February 17th, 2013 to February 23rd, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Metal Gear Rising Impression Thread **Spoilers**

By Stovy50 on o2-19-2013 at 07:28 AM Pacific

Did you pick up a copy of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? Leave your impressions in this thread.

Post of the Week

PS4 “Social Features”

By PKRFN4LIFE on 02-22-2013 at 08:33 AM Pacific

Read this post to find out what PKRFN4LIFE thinks about the social features that the PlayStation 4 will offer.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to gR3yGh051 for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(gR3yGh051)

A: Racing.

Cars are my passion. If there's one thing that's been a constant in my life, it's cars. I don't spend a lot of time playing racing games, but when I do; I play marathon sessions.

A: When I first got my PS1.... model SCPH-5501.

My parents had bought it for me for Christmas and I didn't know what the heck it was as I had been out of touch with video games after the SNES. The moment I popped in that demo disc that had Bushido Blade and Final Fantasy 7 and playing them on my dads Stereo system, I was hooked. Now the 2 full games Test Drive: Off Road and Nascar98 left a lot to be desired.... but that Demo disc was all that was needed for me to re-discover video games and technology overall.

A: Beyond: Two Souls.... While I have a massive list of games I am going to buy like Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us etc etc, after playing QuanticDream's Heavy Rain, Farenheit (the EU version of Indigo Prophecy) and even Omikron on the PC... I knew this was going to be a special game.

A: It's hard to name one, because there are quite a few that are great, but Naughty Dog has always been consistent with the quality of games they deliver and they are very entertaining. Just wish they'd reboot the Crash Bandicoot franchise.

A: Theres not any one I can specifically mention, each game has its own "sound" to it which lends to the atmosphere of the game's feel. Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear series etc etc.... But I am enjoying the Metal Gear Revengeance soundtrack. I'll be looking to ebay for the Collectors Edition to get that awesome lamp and the soundtrack.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, gR3yGh051!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 83 (1,461 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (February 24th to March 2nd)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(February 24th, 2013 to March 2nd, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Drawing Home Avatars

By PinkJulia on 02-21-2013 at 5:54 PM Pacific

Would you like PinkJulia to draw your PlayStation Home avatar? Visit this thread for more information.

Post of the Week

Signatures by GoatOfWar (GOW71)

By GOW71 on 02-27-2013 at 04:42 AM Pacific

Would you like GOW71 to make you a signature for the forums? Visit this thread for more information.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to tack129 for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the Naughty Dog sections.

Member Spotlight

(tack129)

A: Hmm, the games I really like tend to come from the action adventure or Third-Person-Shooter genre. I'm a big fan of the Uncharted series but I also play some ME3 co-op from time to time. If you see me on UC3 MP or any other game, feel free to say hi!

A: I have a couple of memories regarding Playstation. I'd say my most epic was playing a specific part in Uncharted 2 where you experiencing a building collasping with you inside. It was an epic and intense feeling after going through that setpiece the first time.

A: I'd definitely say I'm looking forward to "The Last of Us" the most, as are my friends. Looks to have a great story and great environments. I even got the Joel Edition (EU special edition) pre-ordered.

A: I'm going to have to go with Naughty Dog. Crash Bandicoot has been part of my childhood on PSone and I love the Uncharted series even with its strengths and weaknesses.

A: Hmm, well I'm going to go with the soundtrack from Silent Hill 2. "Theme of Laura", "Promise (Reprise)", "Promise" and "True" are my favourites in there.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, tack129!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 83 (1,396 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 3rd to March 9th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(March 3rd, 2013 to March 9th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

How many of you think that gaming...

By havocsarmy on 03-07-2013 at 06:30 AM Pacific

Do you think gaming hit its peak in the ‘90s or are you looking forward to the future?

Post of the Week

Re: Gamespot calling GoWA MP a "bust"?!?!?!

By SirCrush on 03-08-2013 at 07:40 AM Pacific

Check out this post for SirCrush’s thoughts on what reviewers are saying about God of War: Ascension.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to GOW71 for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the forums.

Member Spotlight

(GOW71)

A: My favorite genre of games is definitely Action/Adventure 3rd person.  3rd person shooters comes in at a close second.

A: My most memorable PlayStation experience has to be my involvment with Starhawk.  Through the good and bad this game was one I really sunk my teeth into. I met a lot of really cool players through this game and its forum, and have developed more personal relationships with some of them that have carried over into other aspects of my gaming time.  Through that forum I began to branch out into the rest of this forum and enjoy the majority of people I have met and what goes on here.  Starhawk is my most memorable as it was not just a game I enjoyed but a segway into broadening my gaming/forum experience.

A: I'll be picking up my pre-order of God of War: Ascension tomorrow!

A: Naughty Dog.  I have never been dissappointed with a Naughty Dog title. I always look forward with anticipation to their next release. The Last of US... Looking forward to that for sure!

A: I have several I can't name tracks... but some of my favorite game soudtracks are Journey, Flower, God of War series, Starhawk, Uncharted Series. Those all have excellent soundtracks.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, GOW71!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 83 (1,291 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 10th to March 16th)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(March 10th, 2013 to March 16th, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Franchises/Series You Want to See Next Gen/Return

By SlashZaku on 03-11-2013 at 07:22 PM Pacific

Which franchises from the past do you feel deserve another beginning in the next video game generation?

Post of the Week

Re: Do the Mods use favoritism on here?

By moblesuit75 on 03-12-2013 at 06:31 AM Pacific

The Rules of Conduct, Forum Guidelines, and Terms of Service are important. Check out this post for some good observations.

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to PinkJulia for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the PlayStation Home section.

Member Spotlight

(PinkJulia)

A: I love platform and adventure games. I always enjoyed unique art styles, engaging stories and a fun gameplay. With games like Ratchet & Clank, Little Big Planet and many others I could always satisfy all these needs.

A: When I first got my PlayStation 2 as a present from my dad, and we started playing videogames together for hours. We had so much fun, from laffing to pure concentration, moments that keep reminding me how videogames can not only be magic adventures in whole new universes but also experiences that let us and our loved ones appreciate more our little old world.

A: I am excited for many upcoming games, but Beyond: Two souls has really captured my attention. The story, atmosphere and a lot of its elements seem to be extremely interesting.

A: Media Molecule! The charm that they infuse in their games is what reminds me of why I love videogames. Little Big Planet 1 and 2 are some of my favourite games, and the community around them is just amazing, some users created fantastic levels.

A: Journey soundtrack is just beautiful, i listened to it dozens of times: every part of it is just mesmerizing.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, PinkJulia!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 83 (1,187 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Weekly Highlights (March 17th to March 23rd)

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights

(March 17th, 2013 to March 23rd, 2013)

Thread of the Week

Your Gran Turismo Experience v2

By Gar529 on 03-23-2013 at 01:59 PM Pacific

What was your first experience with the Gran Turismo Series and how has it "changed" you?

Post of the Week

Re: How many of you think that gaming...

By Na13-31 on 03-22-2013 at 05:10 PM Pacific

Check out this post for Na13-31’s thoughts on what we might see from the next video game generation(s).

Poster of the Week

Congratulations to Lord_Beelzebub for earning this rank! This user has been very active and engaged in the Gran Turismo Series sections.

Member Spotlight

(Lord_Beelzebub)

A: Grand Turismo 5.  All my life my favorite game genre has been racing.  Not only because of my love for cars but the competition for racing.

A: Gran Turismo 6

A: Polyphony Digital.  This developer is my favorite because I feel they don't just make any ordinary racing game for the sake of making a video game, they put the passion they have for racing into this game so we can experience that same passion as a gamer.  For those of us who have ever dreamed of climbing into a race car and feeling the rush of pure speed, the heart pounding adrenaline of competition is something this game has like no other I've experienced.  When playing online with others and with friends, this game becomes a living entity that engulfs you and give you happiness and excitement.

A: I don't play video games with soundtracks playing, for me it's a distraction  With GT5, I want to enjoy all the sounds of the engines roaring, tires squealing, and others at they hit the wall.  LOL

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire this week, Lord_Beelzebub!

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 83 (1,063 Views)